• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Israel/US Attacks Iran /Yet Another Country/Iran

I already told you. Europe has lost freedom of navigation.

The proximal cause is Iran attacking ships in the Strait of Hormuz. You could trace that back further, but it won't change anything.

I still find it almost unbelievable that the very stable genius did not see the Hormuz Strait closure as an obvious consequence of attacking Iran. No, wait, of course I don't. Trump is the most stupid US president in many decades. Thick as pig ◊◊◊◊. A stinking mess of arrogance, ignorance, unwarranted entitlement and delusional exceptionalism. A disaster for the USA.
 
I still find it almost unbelievable that the very stable genius did not see the Hormuz Strait closure as an obvious consequence of attacking Iran.
Why do you assume he didn't? Do you think it would have changed his decision if he did? The US doesn't depend on shipping through Hormuz.
 
I already told you. Europe has lost freedom of navigation.

How did they lose it?

The proximal cause is Iran attacking ships in the Strait of Hormuz. You could trace that back further, but it won't change anything.

Seems important to understand how a problem was caused when trying to solve it so as not not repeat mistakes or make a worse one.

I definitely understand why you don't want to talk about how we go there, but other people reserve the right to look at the complete picture and make a decision based on all the information.
 
They have already lost freedom of navigation through the straits. The question is, are they interested in restoring that? So far, it appears that they are not.

Got it, so nothing further to lose, just the continued loss of the the thing the Trump administration lost for them out of stupidity.

Perhaps they've done a cost-benefit analysis and decided that helping a stupid and petulant bully be a stupid and petulant bully wasn't worth it.

Either way, as someone defending the Trump administration, your opinion on smart things for other people to do carry no weight.
 
If I spent over a year insulting my friends and making their lives as difficult as I can for no good reason, then made a completely unnecessary mess which affected them more than me, then told them they had to clean it up themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if they told me to go ◊◊◊◊ myself. So why is Trump?
 
Well, the rule based world order is so last season - many experts seem to agree that paying Iran's tolls would amount at most to 1-2 dollars (or whatever currency equivalent) to the barrel, so fair enough. Who cares any more? The US clearly not.
 
Why would Iran attack ships of a country not involved after Donald calls off his war criminals?
I was asked what Europe should do right now. I answered. You're asking a completely different question not relevant to that original one. I'm not sure the importance of your hypothetical. Iran has already attacked ships of countries not involved. Do you think that was justified?
 
I was asked what Europe should do right now. I answered. You're asking a completely different question not relevant to that original one. I'm not sure the importance of your hypothetical. Iran has already attacked ships of countries not involved. Do you think that was justified?
Rhey should just wait until Donald gets bored and finds something else to destroy.
 
I was asked what Europe should do right now. I answered.
I think we should pay the toll, why the hell not? It doesn't seem to be that much financially - while all the time divesting us from fossil fuels as quickly as we can. The rule based world order used to mean things, especially for its creator and upholder, the USA. But let bygones to be bygones.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom