• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread DEI in the US

Why do you lie?
I'm not lying. Why should someone be denied opportunity because of their race or sex? A person's race or sex should not matter at all. When you offer opportunity to one and not another, you have to discriminate. Obviously. But that discrimination should in no way be based on race or sex. That's the point.
 
Everyone agrees that no one should face discrimination based on race or sex, which is what DEI was designed to help prevent. Do you know of any DEI programs that state that a person should be discriminated against based on sex or race?
 


Myth: DEI is reverse discrimination Reality: DEI levels the playing field DEI is characterized as “reverse discrimination” in situations where white people believe they are negatively stereotyped or discriminated against because of their whiteness – or treated less favorably than people of color. This claim ignores a core ingredient of racism and discrimination: power. DEI seeks to rebalance that power and ensure that those who have been historically disempowered or deprived of equal opportunities simply because of their identities should be given a fair and equitable chance to succeed. This does not equate to discriminating against historically dominant groups.
 


Myth: DEI is reverse discrimination Reality: DEI levels the playing field DEI is characterized as “reverse discrimination” in situations where white people believe they are negatively stereotyped or discriminated against because of their whiteness – or treated less favorably than people of color. This claim ignores a core ingredient of racism and discrimination: power. DEI seeks to rebalance that power and ensure that those who have been historically disempowered or deprived of equal opportunities simply because of their identities should be given a fair and equitable chance to succeed. This does not equate to discriminating against historically dominant groups.
This just such BS. You're killing the individual. You're arguing that it's okay to be bigoted against someone solely because they have a disfavored race or sex. Nothing that the person, individually, has ever done. Jews killed Jesus.
 
Then let's completely jettison race or sex from consideration; okay?
Which is exactly what I said when I said

"Basic standards" (whatever it is you mean by that phrase) is irrelevant to DEI. What matters is qualification. Is a person qualified for the job? If they are, then sexual preference or colour of skin or religion or whatever are irrelevant and should not be considered.
Seriously, I say "discrimination is bad" and your immediate response is "oh, so you're saying discrimination is good?"

And you expect anyone to take you seriously? You live in upside down backwards land!
 
Which is exactly what I said when I said


Seriously, I say "discrimination is bad" and your immediate response is "oh, so you're saying discrimination is good?"

And you expect anyone to take you seriously? You live in upside down backwards land!
But you are promoting discrimination. There is no universal constant for "diversity." It is an entirely subjective abstraction. For you, Art, how many of what race or sex is too many of "those" people?
 
But you are promoting discrimination. There is no universal constant for "diversity." It is an entirely subjective abstraction. For you, Art, how many of what race or sex is too many of "those" people?
I deny the premise of your question. In particular, I deny your premise that there is such a thing as "those" people. That's the sort of thing that racists say and I'll have nothing of it.
 
I deny the premise of your question. In particular, I deny your premise that there is such a thing as "those" people. That's the sort of thing that racists say and I'll have nothing of it.
But you don't deny that at all. What is "diverse" is not objective. Everyone has their own bias as to what "diverse" means. But to get to that nebulous "diversity," value judgments must be made based on race and sex. To be "diverse" you must purposely exclude. If that is all DEI is offering, exclusion under the guise of inclusion, it ought to be thrown in the trash.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom