• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Misgendering" is now a federal offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming this is true, and you haven't provided any evidence it is, are we

1) taking videos on social media at face value?

2) pretending we are all stupid enough to think the plastic sign on the door stops people who want to stalk and sexually assault women from doing so?

It's a lot easier to get away with assault if you can move freely about the space with no one questioning why you are there.

A male wannabe assaulter in a women's restroom, upon being first seen, would likely be met with screaming and shouting or running away. If they are free to be there, they can wait "unmolested" till the opportunity presents itself.
 
Or...and hear me out, here... before the Toxic Avengers come swarming from That Thread, maybe we could actually make some headway on a very interesting subject that gets drowned in the "other ******** threads"?

13 pages too late for that
 
I have not read the thread, sorry if this has been covered. Won't this be a field day for those that claim gender fluidity? They can f with anyone that ticks them off by claiming they were some other gender than what was agreed upon previously
 
Assuming this is true, and you haven't provided any evidence it is, are we

1) taking videos on social media at face value?

2) pretending we are all stupid enough to think the plastic sign on the door stops people who want to stalk and sexually assault women from doing so?

Signs don't stop people by themselves. But they serve as a warning. Have you ever noticed at an airport that there are exits that lead from the passenger terminal to the tarmac? Nothing stops you from going through those doors. But people don't. Why? Well, they have signs on them saying not to. Do the signs stop people? Yes and no. No in the sense that the signs themselves don't do anything. But yes in the sense that they warn of consequences for doing so, and the consequences are sufficient to dissuade almost everyone from doing so.

When society didn't accept obviously male adults from entering women's restrooms, then if a male entered a restroom anyways, they faced potential consequences for doing so. The sign didn't enforce those consequences, society did. But the signs served as a warning of those consequences. So yeah, some potential predators undoubtedly were dissuaded from entering those spaces because of the signs, and the social enforcement of those signs. Did it dissuade every predator? No. But it doesn't need to dissuade all of them to be useful.
 
I have not read the thread, sorry if this has been covered. Won't this be a field day for those that claim gender fluidity? They can f with anyone that ticks them off by claiming they were some other gender than what was agreed upon previously

It's been touched on, but one side here doesn't want to deal with potential abuses, and the other side deeply concerned about them. Gender fluid or nonbinary self IDs could create a lot of opportunity for plausible deniability, and last I checked, convicted sexual offenders outnumber self-declared trans folk by orders of magnitude.
 
I thought it was the same fear mongering as always. They claim to see videos of men giggling in girls locker rooms with raging boners as if it's an every day occurrence. The same old sports complaining, and the same old everything else. It's nothing new. It's the same **** that's in every single ******* thread that somehow, mystically gets turned into you same ******* people crying about trans people. Every ******* time. Every ******* thread. There's like 3 of them going on right now and every single God damn one has the same people crying about the same ****.

So...no. I didn't "fancy" the same regurgitated **** as the other three threads. I'm glad you did. Each of you can have 2 internet points for the back patting and "bro you're awesome" love fest. Don't spend them all in one place.


Your problem is that you have never experienced these things like this. Both of my daughters have, and it scared the ******* daylights out of them, which is why I have arranged for them to be able to defend themselves should it ever happen again (and I won't give details because last time I did, I got carded)
 
Your problem is that you have never experienced these things like this.

Haven't I? Is that "my problem"? Thanks for letting me know, I was stupidly using my own life experiences until you corrected this for me just now. You're a life saver.

Both of my daughters have, and it scared the ******* daylights out of them, which is why I have arranged for them to be able to defend themselves should it ever happen again (and I won't give details because last time I did, I got carded)

Thankfully no one cares about the details so you don't have to bother giving them. I, also, have children that are female. I have a granddaughter too so next time you just assume I don't have any experiences with ****, take a step back and realize you aren't a mind reader. K? thx bud.

Not all experiences are the same and the few my daughter has had sound nothing like yours. Perhaps she just doesn't get her daylights scared the **** out of her like yours do. Or perhaps their experiences were different.


All of that being said this still has **** all to do with the OP.
 
Last edited:
I'm getting the sense that misgendering will be prohibited if it is "sufficiently severe and pervasive to implicate Title IX" by inhibiting education.

That seems to be the intent. The problem I have with this is that I don't have any confidence in how these regulations will be enforced in practice, particularly by school administrators who are ideologically captured by the TRAs. I don't really have a problem with preventing bullying against tran students, but will that really be the full extent of enforcement? For example, if a male is prevented from using the women's bathroom or locker room, is that "severe and pervasive" sex discrimination? A school may very well conclude it is. What about complaints about someone behaving like Lia Thomas is alleged to have done? Would that be severe and pervasive sex discrimination? Would that be considered to inhibit someone's education? I don't think it should. But Holyoke probably thinks it does.
 
It's a lot easier to get away with assault if you can move freely about the space with no one questioning why you are there.

A male wannabe assaulter in a women's restroom, upon being first seen, would likely be met with screaming and shouting or running away. If they are free to be there, they can wait "unmolested" till the opportunity presents itself.

Not only that, they don't even have to selfID before they are caught in there. All they have to to do is pull out their "Get out of Jail Free" card by saying the magic words "I identify as a woman" and presto, they have an immediate right to be there, and any women who object to their presence instantly become a transphobic bigot.
 
That seems to be the intent. The problem I have with this is that I don't have any confidence in how these regulations will be enforced in practice, particularly by school administrators who are ideologically captured by the TRAs. I don't really have a problem with preventing bullying against tran students, but will that really be the full extent of enforcement? For example, if a male is prevented from using the women's bathroom or locker room, is that "severe and pervasive" sex discrimination? A school may very well conclude it is. What about complaints about someone behaving like Lia Thomas is alleged to have done? Would that be severe and pervasive sex discrimination? Would that be considered to inhibit someone's education? I don't think it should. But Holyoke probably thinks it does.

These are gender-ideology captured institutions. They WILL misuse this legislation and use their kangaroo courts to bash the gender-critical - you can take that to the bank!
 
Or...and hear me out, here... before the Toxic Avengers come swarming from That Thread, maybe we could actually make some headway on a very interesting subject that gets drowned in the "other ******** threads"?

It's been 13 pages my friend. I feel like it would have happened by now but instead we're right back to the same spot as the other thread. I do like the optimistic outlook though.

My personal theory is that any thread that has a "Part X" number behind it will just be a rehashing of the earlier threads. Nothing changes.
 
Not only that, they don't even have to selfID before they are caught in there. All they have to to do is pull out their "Get out of Jail Free" card by saying the magic words "I identify as a woman" and presto, they have an immediate right to be there, and any women who object to their presence instantly become a transphobic bigot.

So how do other countries manage to have unisex bathrooms? Can you explain that to me? With all these dick waving, women molesting, testosterone flexing rapists running around, how is it possible that countries can pull it off?

God this **** is ******* stupid.
 
So how do other countries manage to have unisex bathrooms?

I can tell you how every public unisex bathroom in NZ works

1. There are no urinals in unisex bathrooms.
2. Unisex bathrooms generally have individual cubicles.
3. Where unisex bathrooms do not have individual cubicles, they are in addition to gendered bathrooms NOT instead of them, so women can still have their own safe space.

I can also tell you how many women use public unisex bathrooms... very few. Those ever-decreasing numbers of women who still use public bathrooms will choose the women's every time. Neither of my daughters will use public bathrooms now after my youngest was harassed by a drunk transwoman in the public bathrooms in the Montgomery Car Park here in Nelson. They will try to find a shop that will let them use their facilities, or hold on until they get home, or drive to a friend's place to use theirs.
 
Last edited:
It's been touched on, but one side here doesn't want to deal with potential abuses, and the other side deeply concerned about them. Gender fluid or nonbinary self IDs could create a lot of opportunity for plausible deniability, and last I checked, convicted sexual offenders outnumber self-declared trans folk by orders of magnitude.
Figured as much. Thank you
 
So how do other countries manage to have unisex bathrooms? Can you explain that to me? With all these dick waving, women molesting, testosterone flexing rapists running around, how is it possible that countries can pull it off?

God this **** is ******* stupid.

Once you've solved public restrooms, do locker rooms, shelters, dormitories, salons, spas, and sports.
 
Once you've solved public restrooms, do locker rooms, shelters, dormitories, salons, spas, and sports.

According to plague311 you are a bigot if you are concerned about things like that. Apparently women just have to suck it up and stop acting like snowflakes.
 
Once you've solved public restrooms, do locker rooms, shelters, dormitories, salons, spas, and sports.

According to plague311 you are a bigot if you are concerned about things like that. Apparently women just have to suck it up and stop acting like snowflakes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom