• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Misgendering" is now a federal offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, I just name the emotion involved. Gays should be kept separate because they make some straights uncomfortable and afraid, just like trans people. It is the exact same principles you advocated, just not hiding behind vague things like your refusal to identify transphobia when it shows up.

Just like how being against gay marriage is not a homophobic position in the view of many. Like you they are wrong.

Based on your previous posts in this thread, being opposed to gay marriage is functionally equivalent to being a NAZI?
 
Based on your previous posts in this thread, being opposed to gay marriage is functionally equivalent to being a NAZI?

Hey the "persecution" of the homosexaul comunity was something that was widely regarded as something the nazis did right, why else do you think the allies kept them in the concentration camps after the war?
 
Not at all, I just name the emotion involved. Gays should be kept separate because they make some straights uncomfortable and afraid, just like trans people. It is the exact same principles you advocated, just not hiding behind vague things like your refusal to identify transphobia when it shows up.

Just like how being against gay marriage is not a homophobic position in the view of many. Like you they are wrong.

No, it is absolutely not the same thing at all. Gay people rightly demanded the same rights everyone else has, including the right to marry the person they love. They were not asking for additional rights, let alone additional rights which conflict with the rights of another group of people.

All males have traditionally been excluded from accessing the sex-segregated spaces of females, for very good reasons. I can see the argument for making an exception for transwomen - giving them a right no one else has - but the cons of doing so far outweigh the pros.
 
I
Don't
Give
A
****
About
Your
Bitch
Fest

The fact you threw your hands up with a "hear hear" over the longest virtue signal I've ever seen, and are now trying to call me out is one of the funniest ******* things I've seen in a long time. Hypocrisy thy name is this thread.

Funnily enough, Cass came up against this aggressive refusal to provide evidence from the TRAs when she was dealing with the safety of children - I should have known better than to expect anything more when it's just womens safety we're talking about
 
Funnily enough, Cass came up against this aggressive refusal to provide evidence from the TRAs when she was dealing with the safety of children - I should have known better than to expect anything more when it's just womens safety we're talking about

*cough* virtue signal *cough*
 
No, it is absolutely not the same thing at all. Gay people rightly demanded the same rights everyone else has, including the right to marry the person they love. They were not asking for additional rights, let alone additional rights which conflict with the rights of another group of people.

All males have traditionally been excluded from accessing the sex-segregated spaces of females, for very good reasons. I can see the argument for making an exception for transwomen - giving them a right no one else has - but the cons of doing so far outweigh the pros.

You right there are showing you don't view trans people as their gender. That is bigotry right there not unlike those who say "I don't mind gay people, but those who shove it in your face by holding hands or kissing in public are too extreme".

Of course being consisted the shirtless females in the above pictures belong in the women's bathroom and you would never question them right?

Why don't you own your disgust and dislike of trans people?
 
Not at all, I just name the emotion involved. Gays should be kept separate because they make some straights uncomfortable and afraid, just like trans people. It is the exact same principles you advocated, just not hiding behind vague things like your refusal to identify transphobia when it shows up.

Just like how being against gay marriage is not a homophobic position in the view of many. Like you they are wrong.

You are very confused. Pixel42 is talking about keeping males and females separate in certain contexts such as changing rooms, prisons etc. If you think that feeling uncomfortable around males in female spaces is some type of bigotry against males, that is a completely different issue and has nothing to do with transphobia.
 
Is what your doing now. You're also struggling with what "I don't care" and "I'm seeing myself out of this thread" means.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I am struggling with it, though I wouldn't call it a struggle. I stopped by to make a comment in the National Anthem thread and saw your virtue signal and felt the need to call it out. Hell, I might even pop in a few other times to point out hypocrisy. I didn't make a rule for myself. I don't participate in the other threads that center around this same mindless butthurt, doesn't mean I won't pop in from time to time to call out bull ****.
 
Last edited:
These are "he"s, right?
[qimg]https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1284&pictureid=12635[/qimg]

And these are "she"s, right?
[qimg]https://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1284&pictureid=12636[/qimg]

Nope.

You are very confused. Pixel42 is talking about keeping males and females separate in certain contexts such as changing rooms, prisons etc. If you think that feeling uncomfortable around males in female spaces is some type of bigotry against males, that is a completely different issue and has nothing to do with transphobia.

Do the shirtless females belong in the female only spaces clearly and should be recognized as such. CLearly they need to wear badges to let you know that those trans men are really females another thing the nazis did right,
 
:rolleyes:

Yes, I am struggling with, though I wouldn't call it a struggle. I stopped by to make a comment in the National Anthem thread and saw your virtue signal and felt the need to call it out. Hell, I might even pop in a few other times to point out hypocrisy. I didn't make a rule for myself. I don't participate in the other threads that center around this same mindless butthurt, doesn't mean I won't pop in from time to time to call out bull ****.

I've actually provided evidence to support my position..if you can't address that evidence and would prefer a liberal circle jerk I recommend the Skeptics Guid to the Universe forums
 
Last edited:
I've actually provided evidence to support my position..if you can't counter that evidence and would prefer a liberal circle jerk I recommend the Skeptics Guid to the Universe forums

I disagree with your use of the word liberal. I know that Americans use the word differently, but it is constantly irritating to hear people who are the polar opposite of liberal in every possible way being described as liberal.
 
I've actually provided evidence to support my position..if you can't address that evidence and would prefer a liberal circle jerk I recommend the Skeptics Guid to the Universe forums

Feel free to not recommend things to me. Assuredly I won't entertain them.

In the words of Rick from Rick and Morty, "I've seen what makes you cheer". You've actually provided evidence though, eh? Evidence of what? I've skipped a few pages because this topic doesn't genuinely interest me and I don't have the desire to go back and look. So what? What did you provide evidence for?
 
Last edited:
I disagree with your use of the word liberal. I know that Americans use the word differently, but it is constantly irritating to hear people who are the polar opposite of liberal in every possible way being described as liberal.

Are you implying I'm the polar opposite of liberal? I'd be interested in actually seeing evidence of that. Secondly, the people crying here about how the world is changing are the actual antithesis of liberal. Perhaps that's you? By definition?
 
Pretty sure all the problems are solved by unisexing the restrooms, changing areas and showers, right? Because segregating by sex has no place anymore? Do I have that right? I mean, individual stalls are a waste of money because sex doesn't matter? Just drop everyone from a preteen girl to a middle aged sex offender in the same showers and .. what?... hope for the best?
 
Feel free to not recommend things to me. Assuredly I won't entertain them.

In the words of Rick from Rick and Morty, "I've seen what makes you cheer". You've actually provided evidence though, eh? Evidence of what? I've skipped a few pages because this topic doesn't genuinely interest me and I don't have the desire to go back and look. So what? What did you provide evidence for?

This is a lot of chat from someone who's not interested in the topic and was leaving the thread a half dozen posts ago so before I go to the trouble of scrolling back a couple of pages, can you tell me why you're suddenly so interested?
 
Pretty sure all the problems are solved by unisexing the restrooms, changing areas and showers, right? Because segregating by sex has no place anymore? Do I have that right? I mean, individual stalls are a waste of money because sex doesn't matter? Just drop everyone from a preteen girl to a middle aged sex offender in the same showers and .. what?... hope for the best?

"I'll take an exact example of fear mongering mixed with hyperbole for $200, Alex!"

Is anyone even ******* implying anything similar? Has anyone? What was the point of this inane comment? Who takes this seriously?

Also, unisex bathrooms exist as a regularity in almost every civilized country outside the US. Perhaps not the fear mongering scare tactic you thought it was? Do you look under the stall in the bathroom? How many men posing as women have attacked women in the bathroom? Locker rooms? Do we have numbers on that?

Can someone provide an actual list of situations where a man has posed, or claimed to identify, as a woman and actually assaulted a woman?
 
Last edited:
This is a lot of chat from someone who's not interested in the topic and was leaving the thread a half dozen posts ago so before I go to the trouble of scrolling back a couple of pages, can you tell me why you're suddenly so interested?

Can you answer the ******* question? I already said that I may dip in back and forth. Did you not read my post? Does it matter if I come or go? Why do you care? If you don't want to converse with me then feel free to not quote and reply to me or put me on ignore. I assure you I have no ***** to give either way.
 
Can you answer the ******* question? I already said that I may dip in back and forth. Did you not read my post? Does it matter if I come or go? Why do you care? If you don't want to converse with me then feel free to not quote and reply to me or put me on ignore. I assure you I have no ***** to give either way.

Since you asked so calm and politely it's post #435 which was a counter to the TRA claim that it's difficult for a sexual predator to "come out" as trans
 
Last edited:
Since you asked so calm and politely it's post #435 which was a counter to the TRA claim that it's difficult for a sexual predator to "come out" as trans

Again, swearing doesn't mean riled up, or excited, it just means I swear. You can sample any 15 of my posts and 12 of them will have asterisks. It's just how I talk.

Per your link:

The findings do not include specific results for any form of sexual assault, therefore it is true that claims specifically about rape rather than violent crime in general cannot be made.

The "study" is from 20+ years ago:

The study as a whole covers the period between 1973 and 2003. If one divides the cohort into two groups, 1973 to 1988 and 1989 to 2003, one observes that for the latter group (1989 – 2003), differences in mortality, suicide attempts, and crime disappear.’

I requested evidence for sexual assaults by transwomen on women. Your study doesn't appear to provide any evidence either way on that topic, by their own admission, and is fairly outdated.

Noted though, at least you did provide...something.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom