d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing
80% of people surveyed disagree with the above.Sure, but its not what 90% of the people throwing the term around mean.
(I can make up stats, too.)
80% of people surveyed disagree with the above.Sure, but its not what 90% of the people throwing the term around mean.
Or you could just google it.As a skeptic, I'm just going to take your word for this.
Pornography should be outlawed. The people who produce and distribute it should
be imprisoned. Educators and public librarians who purvey it should be classed
as registered sex offenders. And telecommunications and technology firms that
facilitate its spread should be shuttered.
At the risk of looking like I'm trying to be overly clever, I'm going to say the biggest "culture war" battle is the notion that there even is a "culture war". Every individual has a set of opinions on things, and most individuals can group themselves into sets with others who agree with them on at least some of those opinions. But most of the time these groups can do nothing but talk (or complain). Until and unless anybody can actually take action and cause change (or prevent change, of course) it doesn't make a difference (except possibly with people's blood pressure as they lose their tempers).
Just because you feel a certain way about a certain thing doesn't make it true, or important. Or even interesting.
It's already normal.
No cite, but I heard about a study in the UK which proposed to look at the sex lives of people who watched porn compared to people who didn't.
The couldn't find anybody who didn't.
I could, but then I'd have to guess which specific document you were talking about when you made that claim.Or you could just google it.
This is obviously false and strategically shortsighted. If you don't care to understand your opposition, you won't begin to comprehend why they act as they do.Culture wars are pretty much a distraction by the right to hide the fact that they've no ideas about how to solve the problems besetting the world, nor any intention of working to find solutions.
No, you wouldn't, particularly since I didn't have a specific document in mind. Any evidence will do, and there's plenty of evidence that Heritage has a hate-on for pornography.I could, but then I'd have to guess which specific document you were talking about when you made that claim.
This thread is about the right wing wanting the left wing to tell them what to try and cancel next.
Are you seriously contending that I ought to do your homework?Any evidence will do, and there's plenty of evidence that Heritage has a hate-on for pornography.
Please reread the OP.This thread is about the right wing wanting the left wing to tell them what to try and cancel next.
No, I'm saying that when I answer your question, responding that you'll have to take my word for it is plainly false. You had an option that you didn't exercise, because you're more interested in policing misbegotten notions of burden of proof than in genuinely trying to understand the world around you.Are you seriously contending that I ought to do your homework?
I wasn't making a claim. I was answering your question.How about instead everyone backs up their own claims.
Facilitate? No kid needs to be facilitated. They're going to find it anyway. The appropriate course of action is to have a conversation with them about sex, what it is and what it's for, what porn is and what it's for, why it exists, and if they're going to go looking for it anyway, how to do so safely. And this conversation should be had as early as a child is capable of understanding it.Though, of course, that does not mean that there aren't any.
It isn't right or normal to facilitate children in watching porn. It is a sign of grooming.
Though, of course, that does not mean that there aren't any.
It isn't right or normal to facilitate children in watching porn. It is a sign of grooming.
This is obviously false and strategically shortsighted. If you don't care to understand your opposition, you won't begin to comprehend why they act as they do.
Facilitate? No kid needs to be facilitated. They're going to find it anyway. The appropriate course of action is to have a conversation with them about sex, what it is and what it's for, what porn is and what it's for, why it exists, and if they're going to go looking for it anyway, how to do so safely. And this conversation should be had as early as a child is capable of understanding it.
And this is my opinion as a parent of two wonderful and well-adjusted children.
this wasn't actually a huge issue until the New Prudes made it one. I mean back in the day when young adults had sex more on average, and people married younger, that wasn't grooming right?
That doesn't mean I'm wrong. Personally I think much of the establishment's prudishness regarding sexuality retards healthy sexual development by inducing anxiety and hiding valuable information.Yes, facilitated, but that is too mild a word - 'enabled' would be more appropriate.
Your opinion is at odds with a whole bunch of children's charities, child experts, the police (NPCC) and the Children's Commissioner (UK). In the UK, 52% of child sexual abuse is now perpetrated by other children (there were around 107,000 offences reported in 2022, nearly quadruple what it is was 10 years ago).
Well based on nothing other than what you say here, it is my considered opinion that Ian Critchley is an idiot.Ian Critchley, the NPCC lead for child protection: sexual offences were predominantly committed by boys against girls, ‘exacerbated by the accessibility of violent pornography’ on smartphones.