LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- May 12, 2010
- Messages
- 21,455
What do you mean, EFD is not a trusted source? Who do you think you are dictating what sources can be used and which not?
What a disgraceful comment without providing any reason for it.
The source looks perfectly fine to me. They seem to have done their homework.
Then your judgement is just as imperfect as theirs. "...done their homework" BAHAHAHAHA.
EFD is not a trusted source because.... in several key areas now, it's been found to have been peddling either inaccuracies, mistakes, misinterpretations or downright lies.
If a source engages in that sort of stuff with any kind of regularity (as EFD does), then, uhm, it does not qualify as a trusted source. Pretty straightforward, I'd have thought.....
It's not I who is "dictating" that EFD is not a trusted source. It's EFD itself which is telling the (critical thinking) world that it is not a trusted source. By publishing material that is not trustworthy. Hope that makes things clearer to you.
And LOL at the accusation that I've been "disgraceful" by not giving reasons: I gave an explicit reason in the very post of mine to which you're responding! Did you miss it? If so, I'll remind you: in this particular instance, EFD was wrong to have stated the following nonsense, which was factually incorrect:
...it has to be assumed that both were left in "switched-on" condition after the test.
So yes, by now - after this and various other errors, and after it's been duly exposed as a partisan group with a particular agenda (rather than a disinterested truth-seeker) - EFD is not a trusted source. If you can't see that, then you're part of the problem.
What do you mean 'my friends'? Presumably my 'friends' also include the BBC and YLE, by your criteria.
I'd have thought this was obvious as well. By "your friends", I wasn't referring to any/every source you'd quoted from (but your disingenuous attempt to make that association is well noted). No: by "your friends", I mean "a group with whom you've now become at least ideologically affiliated (and maybe even more affiliated than that)".
Sorry if you found that confusing. But I hope I've now addressed your confusion sufficiently well.