• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Discussion: Transwomen are not women (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Does not exist" is a far-fetched claim, and much stronger than it needs to be to make a point.
My point was simply that one of these men must be gravely mistaken. Either Smith's daughter was indeed assaulted by a GNC male student (as he claims) or the idea of an GNC male student committing sex crimes was made up somewhere along the way (as the Supt. claims).
 
I think your post title needs changing - that's not an anti-TERF protest.

As Emily noted, it's pure misogyny, and labelling it to appear like they were protesting actual TERFs is handing them legitimacy they absolutely do not deserve.

I'm just waiting for the time a gay guy turning down sex with a trans man hits the news.

Hasn't hit any major news outlets, but there've already been a handful of cases of a transman getting bent because gay men don't want to have sex with their vagina.
 
Hasn't hit any major news outlets, but there've already been a handful of cases of a transman getting bent because gay men don't want to have sex with their vagina.

Ah, I knew there was a reason I should hang around gay forums!

My dearly departed gay mate (as in friend, not my type at all) used to gag when the word vagina was mentioned, and never said or typed it in his life.

A phrase of his will stick in my memory to the day I die:

"I don't know how you can think of even getting close to one of those disgusting things, let alone touch it!"

He's lucky he's dead - he'd be the biggest TERF on the planet.

A "TERF" is anyone who identifies as a TERF. :cool:

Haha! Nice.
 
Hasn't hit any major news outlets, but there've already been a handful of cases of a transman getting bent because gay men don't want to have sex with their vagina.

Has that happened much regarding race, and how big of a problem has it been?
 
Hasn't hit any major news outlets, but there've already been a handful of cases of a transman getting bent because gay men don't want to have sex with their vagina.

I recall (the rapper) Lil' Nas X being labeled transphobic when he (in response to a question about whether he was faking being gay), tweeted, "Nah, I just like [familiar form of Richard]."
 
Hasn't hit any major news outlets, but there've already been a handful of cases of a transman getting bent because gay men don't want to have sex with their vagina.

"This sub is surprisingly super transphobic

For context I am a cis gay man, I’m not Trans but I’m speaking on behalf of my trans brothers and sisters.

Yesterday there was a post on here that essentially boiled down to ‘Trans man are actually women and don’t belong in Gay male spaces’

It received overwhelming support. The few voices that spoke in defense were downvoted to the ninth circle of hell. I’m appalled. Do better gaybros."

https://www.reddit.com/r/askgaybros/comments/ihnmgk/this_sub_is_surprisingly_super_transphobic/
 
There have been a lot of claims that ciswomen shouldn't be uncomfortable with the presence of transwomen in private spaces such as changing rooms and bathrooms.

Well, apparently some trans people feel unsafe with the presence of cismen in their "personal space".

Male Workers Allowed Into Baldwin, Unsettling Residents

"In general, I am very averse to people entering my personal space. This anxiety was compounded by the fact that the crew would be strangers, and they were more than likely to be cisgender men."​

Who knows how this person will be able to cope with the real world, which seems to be teaming with cismen.
 
There have been a lot of claims that ciswomen shouldn't be uncomfortable with the presence of transwomen in private spaces such as changing rooms and bathrooms.

Well, apparently some trans people feel unsafe with the presence of cismen in their "personal space".

Male Workers Allowed Into Baldwin, Unsettling Residents

"In general, I am very averse to people entering my personal space. This anxiety was compounded by the fact that the crew would be strangers, and they were more than likely to be cisgender men."​

Who knows how this person will be able to cope with the real world, which seems to be teaming with cismen.

Ahh yes, college newspaper op-eds, the outrage well that never runs dry.
 
Good to see that the latent anti-trans sentiment is still very much alive and well in this thread. Bravo!
 
Ahh yes, college newspaper op-eds, the outrage well that never runs dry.


I suspect that certain, uhmmm, "advocacy" groups have constant global searches in place for anything that reinforces their prejudices.... and they don't much care about the quality or integrity of the source.
 
Hasn't hit any major news outlets, but there've already been a handful of cases of a transman getting bent because gay men don't want to have sex with their vagina.

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

Yesterday there was a post on here that essentially boiled down to ‘Trans man are actually women and don’t belong in Gay male spaces’

On the other hand, I really don't get this. First, since I'm not an expert, what exactly is a "gay male space"? Are they just talking about things like gay bars? Because it was my understanding that straight men and even women could gain access to such spaces, even if they would be regarded as outsiders while there. Or are they talking about more... intimate spaces? And what's the rationale behind it? It can't really be about safety. Are vaginas really that gross to them? Even more so than just ugly people? Because even if you're a gay man, I would have to think that there would still be some other men you would find gross. Honestly just confused here.
 
I think you're misreading that comment.

LJ is humbly suggesting that the father wasn't arrested simply because he objected to the tyrannical board, but because he was engaged in unruly behavior that was rapidly escalating to violent confrontation. The cops didn't grab this guy because he engaged in wrongthink, they grabbed him because it seemed like he was about to start a fight. He has since been convicted on rather petty charges, all in all not a huge deal. We might be sympathetic to his anger, but we don't have to pretend that cops preventing a member of the public from punching a school board member on the nose is the Gestapo.



Yes, exactly. Plus I was satirising the idea that (as was clearly implied in the post to which I'd replied) the school board had effectively ordered the police to "arrest, drag away and prosecute" a member of the public simply because the school board were pissed off with him - and that the police would have accepted this sort of order from the school board.....
 
Yeah, that's pretty stupid.



On the other hand, I really don't get this. First, since I'm not an expert, what exactly is a "gay male space"? Are they just talking about things like gay bars? Because it was my understanding that straight men and even women could gain access to such spaces, even if they would be regarded as outsiders while there. Or are they talking about more... intimate spaces? And what's the rationale behind it? It can't really be about safety. Are vaginas really that gross to them? Even more so than just ugly people? Because even if you're a gay man, I would have to think that there would still be some other men you would find gross. Honestly just confused here.


Bathhouses?

And anal sex?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom