• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Money/inequalities - Part 3 / Poll - willing to work for free?

Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?

  • Yes

    Votes: 23 31.5%
  • No

    Votes: 35 47.9%
  • I don't know

    Votes: 15 20.5%

  • Total voters
    73
Status
Not open for further replies.
For exemple, the freedom to eat what you want
What food that I might want is forbidden by taxation? Please be specific.

By the way, I know it's a lost cause, but you often refer to the Bible as your guide, and yet, aside from your eccentric choice of language for many things, you attribute to Satan the things that the Bible attributes to God. I think you should try to get your story straight.
 
What food that I might want is forbidden by taxation? Please be specific.

pork

By the way, I know it's a lost cause, but you often refer to the Bible as your guide, and yet, aside from your eccentric choice of language for many things, you attribute to Satan the things that the Bible attributes to God. I think you should try to get your story straight.

The guide of Jesus is God but the guide of Moses is the devil.
 
Pork? Please present your evidence that the reason Jews and Muslims are forbidden pork is that Satan has placed a tax on it.

Actually, no. Why bother? This is clearly gibberish and is surely a notion which only exists in some wibbly-wobbly world inside your head.
 
Gaetan, you have some very odd ideas.

I had pork for breakfast today (well strictly speaking it was bacon), no one denied me that freedom through taxation, or any other means.

Do you want to try again? What freedoms does tax deny me?
 
Pork? Please present your evidence that the reason Jews and Muslims are forbidden pork is that Satan has placed a tax on it.

Actually, no. Why bother? This is clearly gibberish and is surely a notion which only exists in some wibbly-wobbly world inside your head.

Tax is the devil's thing to hurt you and blame it on you
 
Gaetan, you have some very odd ideas.

I had pork for breakfast today (well strictly speaking it was bacon), no one denied me that freedom through taxation, or any other means.

Do you want to try again? What freedoms does tax deny me?

Not long ago you were supposed to eat only fish on friday not meat,
 
Not long ago you were supposed to eat only fish on friday not meat,

Is that because the devil taxed meat on Fridays? No.
Is it something else to do with money? No.
Has that historical curiosity from other peoples' religious practices ever affected what I eat in any way? No.

Okay, that seems to be irrelevant then.
 
I can eat all the pork I want. It's cheap and abundant. It is not specially taxed. It has not been for centuries.
The guide of Jesus is God but the guide of Moses is the devil.

Not according to the Bible. Not, at least, according to the book that most people refer to as the Bible, and that you are fond of citing as an authority in your statements.
 
Not long ago you were supposed to eat only fish on friday not meat,
That rule applied exclusively (and emphatically so) only to Roman Catholics. We Protestants were never forced, told, or supposed, to abstain from meat on Fridays..

And by the way, you are, of course, also wrong in your statement anyway, because the Roman Catholic rule was to abstain from meat, not to eat anything specific other than meat. Fish was the go-to protein for meat eaters, (or at least for those whose scientific ideas never got beyond the stone age and never understood that fish are made of meat too) but there is absolutely and completely nothing wrong with eating no animal protein at all. Having married into a Cuban family I can say with some authority that there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating beans and rice on a Friday no matter how Catholic you are! Or any other day for that matter. Mmmmmm. Black beans and rice. No worries, mate.

On this, you are simply, utterly and entirely, wrong. Admit it for once.
 
The guide of Jesus is God but the guide of Moses is the devil.

That sounds like the sort of thing Christians used to call heresy. Maybe they still would, I don't know. Is that why you're here pushing your crazy ideas at people who mostly don't even think God is real, because actual Christians just call you a crazy heretic?
 
That sounds like the sort of thing Christians used to call heresy. Maybe they still would, I don't know. Is that why you're here pushing your crazy ideas at people who mostly don't even think God is real, because actual Christians just call you a crazy heretic?

I think definitely that Gaetan is what many Christian believers would call a heretic. That's OK by me, as a non-believer, but I wish he'd stop pretending that the Bible in any way supports his decidedly unconventional beliefs. I've read it (long ago I read the whole damned thing, begats and Apocrypha and all) and it doesn't say what he says it says.
 
Tax is the devil's thing to hurt you and blame it on you

No. Tax is a scheme to generate income. You seem to have a problem with taking words with known definitions and applying your own, without so much as a hint as to your new, and largely self serving, meaning.
 
Not long ago you were supposed to eat only fish on friday not meat,

I'm afraid to ask, but how is fish not meat? Meat being the flesh of an animal. Of course, this tradition was very Catholic, a sect you have previously denounced, why embrace this one?
 
Gaetan has been blathering on for pages and pages and years and years.

Gaetan, it's very simple. Money is an inanimate object. It is not good or evil. But money can be used for good such as helping people or building orphanages. Money can also be used for bad things like funding terrorists or for purchasing illegal drugs.

The same argument can be made for guns. It's an inanimate object that can be used for good such as hunting game for food, or can be used for bad like robbing a bank.

There were things in the Bible that caused unfortunate results such as the apple eaten by Adam and Eve that brought sin into the world. There were swords that killed people including women and children in the Bible. but God doesn't forbid apples or swords.

If God didn't want people to use money, then He wouldn't have demanded a tithe, which was a portion set aside of people's income and other things, and it included livestock and money. Why would God demand these things if he wanted to eliminate money?
 
I'm afraid to ask, but how is fish not meat? Meat being the flesh of an animal. Of course, this tradition was very Catholic, a sect you have previously denounced, why embrace this one?

I can't remember how this ended the last time. It may have been Gaetan simply asserting that fish aren't animals, by some classification that was never actually articulated.
 
I can't remember how this ended the last time. It may have been Gaetan simply asserting that fish aren't animals, by some classification that was never actually articulated.

You don't need to explain when you assert. But, yeah, I vaguely remember than now.
 
Of course everyone knows that fish are vegetables. I used to grow mine from seed, but I get better results these days buying the sets.

I met a cheery fellow the other day on the way out to the field. He said it's a good day for bananafish.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom