• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Corona Virus Conspiracy Theories....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the AP and all the major media revel in sensationalism. It took a while for Reuters to jump on the panic-porn bandwagon, but then it did, with both feet.

Please link to the reports from Reuters and AP that you consider to be 'panic porn'.


The major media are generally a bunch of sheepparrots, reading self-promoting press releases from the State Dept., Treasury Dept., Pentagon, and other government agencies.

This morning, I looked at the BBC news website.
To my surprise, I couldn't find any reading of US government press releases at all.
I also read The Times- no parroting of US government press releases there either.
Out of interest, I checked the Washington Post, the New York Times and CNN. Nothing there either.
Was today just a slow day for parroting US government propaganda? Again, perhaps if you gave some examples of what you are complaining about, it might be a bit clearer. Posts from international media, of course: you did say 'the major media', not 'the major media in America', so examples from, say, the UK, Germany, Russia, China, India and Iran, would help to show the extent of this conspiracy, as well as the extent of your own awareness of the existence of countries that are not America.
 
He already thinks there's a global conspiracy by the entire medical science community to make C. diff look like a pandemic.

Speaking for myself, I already think that if you support the kind of journalism that Conan O'Brien revealed, that you are laughably lame, big time.
 
Brace yourself, here's an advanced concept for you to consider: If you want to demonstrate to critical thinkers that the media is lame, provide one or more direct, on-topic examples. I don't care what Conan O'Brian said. I don't care what George Carlin said. I don't care to read a third party opinion, not even if it's Kevin Bacon's cousin's best friend.

Somehow i doubt that you, like me, are laughing at Tom. So I interpret this as "Hurray for evasiveness!" which is a bit weird. Help me understand please...

If someone claims the media has sensationalized covid reporting (which I have little doubt has actually happened to a degree, because the media does indeed sensationalize), what would be the best way to support that claim...?

1. Point out specific examples of the media sensationalizing covid news.

2. Point out a comic who in turn mocks local news* (aka the minor league) snippets having nothing to do with covid.

Laugh as you will but could you please answer the question? All I ask for is a 1 or a 2. Prediction: CE will not answer the question.

* I'll go out on a limb and bet each of those snippets eminantes from Sinclair, right wing shills for the most high profile CTist in recent history.
 
Last edited:
Speaking for myself, I already think that if you support the kind of journalism that Conan O'Brien revealed, that you are laughably lame, big time.

I agree. But COVID19 is not known solely because of crappy, bush-league local news broadcasts. Wasn't China the first country to enact strict lockdown measures? Do you think they did that because of an overblown local news piece on WHIK Wichita? Did they do it because of "Pope Anthony"?
 
Lucky you. How many people do you know well enough that you would be informed if they were taken ill?

I know several people who have had Covid-19. Some have recovered fully, others have ongoing problems. I also know several people who have lost friends and relatives to it; the most recent friend of a friend to die is the guitarist Tony Morrison (aka Tony Perfect, aka Tony Feedback); he was 61 and otherwise fit, from what I've heard.

He was the guitarist in my band!

It was only a few weeks ago he was doing interviews with Eddie Piller:

https://www.mixcloud.com/totallywir...VtAiCY_wDBDcMOk7jkYKj35YfbURToSy-iaAOnlFYRvS4

https://www.mixcloud.com/totallywir...E3RgXMFyt-tLnfgdHaN6gaza_uD9xgu_7qLDOUAtpX-6k
 
My wife and I were pleasantly surprised to learn that her friend's older brother was just taken off a ventilator and was breathing on his own. He's been on the vent for an excruciating 3½ weeks, during which his family was told he probably wasn't going to survive. He was fine one day, hospitalized the next, and on the ventilator the day after that. And he's still by no means out of the woods - this is hopeful progress, but not yet survival.

He's 38, and was in good health. But I'm sure it's really just seasonal flu.
 
Can you post an example of this so-called 'panic porn', so we can see what you mean?

Please link to the reports from Reuters and AP that you consider to be 'panic porn'.




This morning, I looked at the BBC news website.
To my surprise, I couldn't find any reading of US government press releases at all.
I also read The Times- no parroting of US government press releases there either.
Out of interest, I checked the Washington Post, the New York Times and CNN. Nothing there either.
Was today just a slow day for parroting US government propaganda? Again, perhaps if you gave some examples of what you are complaining about, it might be a bit clearer. Posts from international media, of course: you did say 'the major media', not 'the major media in America', so examples from, say, the UK, Germany, Russia, China, India and Iran, would help to show the extent of this conspiracy, as well as the extent of your own awareness of the existence of countries that are not America.

And who was it that just invoked Godwin's Law?

It's BS-smearing from Matthew.

Then don't respond to it. There've been plenty of other posts, such as mine quoted above, that are asking you for evidence for your claims.
Why not spend your time answering them instead?
 
Meanwhile - and as I have taken the time to look at the data.

I've seen people claim that the NHS had far less ICU capacity this year than last, which is why it was nearly overwhelmed. So I've looked at the PHE National Flu and COVID-19 surveillance reports

And compared the reports for this time last year to this time this year.

Then overlaid the 2020 Flu ICU occupancy graph with helpful scale showing what is "very high" with the 2021 Covid and Flu ICU occupancy graph

Source graphs behind spoilers for space reasons.

[IMGW=640]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvebECeXIAMNnul?format=jpg&name=small[/IMGW]

[IMGW=640]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvebqH6XEAAfLFw?format=jpg&name=small[/IMGW]

[IMGW=640]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvecgWVXEAQrxPt?format=jpg&name=small[/IMGW]

Yes - England ICU occupancy has now fallen to the "very high" threshold
 
Well the death rates between the two countries are different (given that Germany has about 25% of the population of the USA)

1OjCc9e.jpg


[url]https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/germany?country=~DEU#what-is-the-daily-number-of-confirmed-deaths[/url]

Just to throw some data into the conversation
 
I value the opinions of independent journalists like Matt Taibbi,

Seems to have an odd style, but I can't find anything particularly objectionable about him, so cool, he seems like a reasonable source.

Glenn Greenwald,

I actually know him. He contributes to The Guardian. I don't always agree with him, but he's a reasonable sort. This is going well so far! I'm not sure I agree with your proclamation that all mainstream media is sensationalist but you seem to listen to sensible people so far. :)

Paul Craig Roberts,

Oh. Oh dear.

Regarding the assassination of John F. Kennedy, Roberts has written that "all evidence pointed to a plot by the Joint Chiefs, CIA, and Secret Service whose right-wing leaders had concluded that President Kennedy was too 'soft on communism'".[25] He has also stated that the Charlie Hebdo shooting has many of the characteristics of a false flag operation" and has described himself as a "9/11 skeptic"

So, a total lunatic.

In 2019, Roberts wrote in support of the views of Holocaust denier David Irving, asserting that "Irving, without any doubt the best historian of the European part of World War II, learned at his great expense that challenging myths does not go unpunished... I will avoid the story of how this came to be, but, yes, you guessed it, it was the Zionists".[32] Roberts added that "No German plans, or orders from Hitler, or from Himmler or anyone else have ever been found for an organized holocaust by gas and cremation of Jews... The "death camps" were in fact work camps. Auschwitz, for example, today a Holocaust museum, was the site of Germany's essential artificial rubber factory. Germany was desperate for a work force."

Oh and a racist scumbag too! Wunderbar. Why do you consider this nasty piece of work a credible journalist, exactly?



Daniel McAdam,

Do you mean Dan Macadam the BBC producer? Seems reasonable to me. If not...who are you talking about?

Jon Rappoport,

You mean the insane crank who wrote Lifting the Veil with self styled prophet and equally delusional headcase David Icke? The guy who thinks we are living inside a fabricated world designed to keep humanity in check for nebulous, sinsister reasons because he had a serious break from reality?

The guy who literally works with a guy who thinks the Queen is a shapeshifting lizard? REALLY? That guy? You go to that guy for your news?

and Caitlin Johnstone.
Seems less crazy than Rappaport and Roberts, but only by comparison. Seems to be orbiting Juptier, quite frankly.
 
Yes., she does come across like George Carlin in a female body. Love love love what she spouts out. How Brave of her.

How is it brave to deny that something exists that has killed hundreds of thousands of people?

Did you miss where I said I knew someone who had died of COVID? No serious underlying conditions, reasonably fit, mid 50s. Ended up on a ventilator. Died on a ventilator.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom