• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Major explosion in downtown Nashville

There was a bombing of our local council building once by a disgruntled councillor and that was just on the outside of the buildings. I don't think there is any standard MO for bombings by nutters.
Not to get too far off track here (because there are no signs this is a disgruntled AT&T worker) but a councillor wouldn't have the same relationship one sees in workplace violence.

Many of these disgruntled people who become murderers blame everyone for their failures. Going postal is a repeatable pattern. Sometimes they kill the boss who fired them. Sometimes, they are like that weird guy in Santa Barbara or someplace who blamed women because none of them liked him. He went around shooting women he drove by.

There is a very distinct pattern. Maybe there are a few outliers who blow up the outside of a building. We can't rule anything in or out until more is found out about the guy.
 
Last edited:
Just speculation but xmas depression gone seriously wrong?

Somebody lost more than they could tolerate, decided to share the pain with others. Went camping downtown on an all night bender and in the morning said goodbye.

Very unlikely given the amount of preperation this bombing required.
What you describe would be more of a spur of the moment action which this is not.
 
Very depressed person with undiagnosed mental problems, suicide, liked explosions but didn't want to hurt anyone.
 
8enotto;13337609[HILITE said:
]Just speculation but xmas depression gone seriously wrong?
[/HILITE]
Somebody lost more than they could tolerate, decided to share the pain with others. Went camping downtown on an all night bender and in the morning said goodbye.

It's possible (at this stage with the information we have damn near anything is possible), but that is one convoluted suicide method.

Xmas depression suicide is more of an urban legend than a reality. Obviously people sometimes do commit suicide at Christmas, but typically the winter months have lowest levels of suicide, and the late spring and summer months have the highest.
 
One thing that is sure is a lot of military vets with battle experience could do what happened.

How? I don't know many that know enough about explosive, ordnance and bomb mechanisms to be able to do this.

Anyone with access to the internet will probably be better equipped to do it than a random vet without internet.
 
I realise that shock can have different effects on people, but the reactions by the woman filming just don’t seem “enough” to me. They feel staged or affected to my ear.
Perhaps I’m so used to the usual OMG OTT reaction from FBers about the most banal of things that I now have a jaded view of reality.

I mean if you overlaid that soundtrack over someone walking through the Chelsea Flower Show, you’d get the impression that she was quite underwhelmed by the displays.

I got the opposite impression, I didn't think she sounded unaffected at all. In fact I thought she sounded close to hyperventilating.
 
This is horrible. But, thank God it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

At this point any speculation as to perpetrator(s) or motive is just that - speculation. But whether the perpetrator was a disgruntled employee, some conspiracy theorist, or someone else entirely, I think it's uncontroversial to state that this attack was the product of a deeply disturbed soul, indeed.

Stay safe, Nashville friends.
 
The significant factors we know are that 1) it was Christmas morning, 2) there was a warning to evacuate indicating an intention to not harm people, and 3) the only sensible target seems to be the AT&T building.

My best guess is that it is related to someone who believes covid is a hoax perpetrated by liberals to control people and a war on Christmas and that this was intended to disrupt anybody who followed guidelines to avoid travel and large gatherings and use phones and internet for virtual celebrations.

Just a guess.
 
Maybe another motive?

There's an AT&T data center here in SF which was whistleblown years ago by one of their on-site techs for some fairly nasty NSA activity. Maybe the bomber is a USG spook CTist who believes the same type of shenanigans are happening in the Nashville facilty?

Just throwing that one out there, since we're speculating. (it's fun.)

My first thought too.
 
One thing seems to be sure -- it's just a one-off event and not a coordinated attack. The first several minutes after something like this are extra tense. At this point in political ire I would have expected not only a city-wide attack but a country-wide one.
 
The significant factors we know are that 1) it was Christmas morning, 2) there was a warning to evacuate indicating an intention to not harm people, and 3) the only sensible target seems to be the AT&T building.

My best guess is that it is related to someone who believes covid is a hoax perpetrated by liberals to control people and a war on Christmas and that this was intended to disrupt anybody who followed guidelines to avoid travel and large gatherings and use phones and internet for virtual celebrations.

Just a guess.

Not sure about this. There is no way to know that no one would be harmed in the blast range, and very good reason to think a lot might have been hurt if the building actually dropped. Cleaning, maintenance and security staff at the very least (Xmas might minimize this but not eliminate it). Sounds to me like a half-assed attempt to say 'well I'm not a murderer. I told them to leave'. Because come on: if you don't actually want to hurt people you don't blow up RVs on residential city streets.
 
Not sure about this. There is no way to know that no one would be harmed in the blast range, and very good reason to think a lot might have been hurt if the building actually dropped. Cleaning, maintenance and security staff at the very least (Xmas might minimize this but not eliminate it). Sounds to me like a half-assed attempt to say 'well I'm not a murderer. I told them to leave'. Because come on: if you don't actually want to hurt people you don't blow up RVs on residential city streets.

But it still indicates intention. They took specific actions to try to prevent harm to people. That indicates and intention to cause property damage rather than to cause casualties. I'm sure they were aware that to cause that property damage there would still be a risk of harming people. But the warning message signals their intention.
 
There are rumors buzzing around about a possible person of interest, but as far as I know nothing substantiated yet.

A press conference is planned for 1pm CST, or roughly 20 minutes or so from now.
 
But it still indicates intention. They took specific actions to try to prevent harm to people. That indicates and intention to cause property damage rather than to cause casualties. I'm sure they were aware that to cause that property damage there would still be a risk of harming people. But the warning message signals their intention.

Only if you assume sincerity. I don't. It reminds me of a cop saying 'freeze or I'll shoot! Now put your hands on your head! BANG'.

Not a slam dunk, but I don't take it as a sincere attempt to mitigate harm. Maybe an attempt to show a prosecutor or the public they intended no harm, if caught later? Kind of a misguided preemptive defense or sympathy ploy?
 
It could be a smoke screen to cover up a domestic dispute. Husband kills wife, quickly comes up with a clever plan to hide the evidence of her demise.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom