• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is also something about being in a mob that "allows" people to do things they wouldn't normally do, and think things they normally wouldn't think.

Absolutely. Mob mentality/cult mentality are basically what you see at Trump rallies.
 
Yes, it would have.

Here's the part I alluded to upthread:
Kavanaugh writes. “Those States want to avoid the chaos and suspicions of impropriety that can ensue if thousands of absentee ballots flow in after election day and potentially flip the results of an election.

That's just stupid. As noted by Kagan(?) there is no result until the ballots are counted. Now that McConnell has packed the Supreme Court with right wing ideologues, we're headed into at least a generation of backward looking decisions.

Let's just call Mitch's Minions what they are. They are nothing more than a bunch of Roland Freislers out to create a Volksgerichthof.
 
It's like when they kept pushing Roy Moore, even after they knew he was a major creeper who pressured young girls into inappropriate relationships. "Are you really telling me that this guy is the best you can do?"

And they keep doing it. Bret Kavanaugh was just as bad as Moore, and yet they moved heaven and earth to get him appointed.

Barret is the same. Fundamentally unqualified for the job, and yet there she is. Do they really not have any qualified conservative judges they could have appointed? Really?

No the Federalist society wanted ideological purity not competence. Hence the fusillade of Freislers.
 
Trump Tweets

I’m NOT just running against Joe Biden—I’m running against the left-wing media, the Big Tech giants, and the wretched Washington Swamp. They have nothing but disdain for you and your values—get out and VOTE to #MAGA!

Proud citizens like you helped build this Country—and together, we are taking back our Country. We are returning power to YOU, the American People! Get out and VOTE — so we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
 
Trump Tweets

I’m NOT just running against Joe Biden—I’m running against the left-wing media, the Big Tech giants, and the wretched Washington Swamp. They have nothing but disdain for you and your values—get out and VOTE to #MAGA!

Proud citizens like you helped build this Country—and together, we are taking back our Country. We are returning power to YOU, the American People! Get out and VOTE — so we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

A dissection of this one spewing could constitute a chapter in a book.
 
But you'd have to open an account with them. I'd bet they have small print about needing to make a certain number/value of bets before that promo offer can be cashed out if it wins. Next thing you know you're placing bets on all sorts of stuff because you've acquired a taste for it. You lose all your money, get divorced, the house is repossessed and the children sold into slavery.

Happens all the time ;)

Man. I was this close to doing it, too. Thanks for saving me that pound, Glenn![*]

[*] Well, that pound and my house. Could do without the wife and kid, but I really like the house.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

I’m NOT just running against Joe Biden—I’m running against the left-wing media, the Big Tech giants, and the wretched Washington Swamp. They have nothing but disdain for you and your values—get out and VOTE to #MAGA!

Proud citizens like you helped build this Country—and together, we are taking back our Country. We are returning power to YOU, the American People! Get out and VOTE — so we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Wait, is that the swamp Trump already drained and filled back up with his cronies?
 
Trump Tweets

If you vote for Biden, your kids will not be in school, there will be no graduations, no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, and no Fourth of July!

We will end surprise medical billing, require price transparency, lower drug prices even more, protect Social Security and Medicare, and we will ALWAYS protect patients with pre-existing conditions!
 
Kevin McCarthy at the Trump rally:
“I want you all to come to the swearing in [of the new Congress]. I want you to watch Nancy Pelosi hand me that gavel. And I promise you this, I won't bang her with it, but I'll bang the end to the socialism, and yes to America."
 
Trump Tweets

A vote for Joe Biden is a vote for the biggest TAX HIKE in history, crushing regulations, slashing Medicare and Social Security, and abolishing American Energy. A vote for Biden is a vote for open borders, offshoring jobs, shredding the Second Amendment...
 
Oh Jaysus! A friend of mine from Michigan is trying to vote now even though he lives in Japan. Talk about leaving things late. He's the same guy who didn't vote last time because "Michigan always goes Democrat, so I don't need to!"

He reckons he should be able to fax his vote in.

Luckily we live in the one country in the world where fax machines are still considered cutting edge and indispensable technology.
 
A vote for Joe Biden is a vote for legalizing bestiality, marriage between siblings, criminalizing ice cream, and forcing great patriotic Christian Americans to convert to Islam!
 
I really do think the states need to come to a consensus on the amount of days for federal election ballots to be counted.

Meh. I'm not so enamored with that idea. That's more because of the very wide variance in relevant local laws, equipment, and conditions, though. Something would need to be done about that, first, before I would be in favor of demanding such a consensus. Rather, I'd be more in favor of regulating media pronouncements a bit more until there's an official count/a winner has been determined.
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if some Republican-led swing states stopped counting ballots the instant Trump goes in the lead, no matter how many are left to be counted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom