• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially killing your voters seems an odd tactic when campaigning in a swing state.

Doubtless there was more to the story than it seems. :rolleyes:

I'm sure luxurious buses were provided but President Trump's supporters chose not to use them, save the campaign money and ensure that he sweeps the Midwest.
 
Did the stupid bitch really just say he was going to get the husbands of suburban housewives back to work? Really? He was in a state where suburban women swept other women into the three most senior elected officials in government.
 
Did the stupid bitch really just say he was going to get the husbands of suburban housewives back to work? Really? He was in a state where suburban women swept other women into the three most senior elected officials in government.
Which one of the stupid bitches said that?
 
Trump Retweeted

Jake Schneider
@jacobkschneider
Boston Herald endorses President @realDonaldTrump!
The choice could not be more clear.

Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
The Boston Herald on why Trump deserves a second term. Editorial: The Herald endorses Trump

Richard Walters
@rww_gop
“[Trump is] what America needs right now, decisive action to get us back to pre-pandemic strength — not an unfeasible spending spree in the name of a progressive utopia.
The Boston Herald endorses Donald Trump for president.”

Trump endorsed by a paper that went bankrupt not too long ago?
 
Trump Tweets

Obama is drawing VERY small (tiny) numbers of people. Biden is drawing almost no one. We are drawing tens of thousands of people. You’ll see that again today. The Great Red Wave is coming!!!

We are spending more in Florida, and we are winning big in Florida. Actually, we are winning big in many states as the Great Red Wave begins to form!

THANK YOU NEBRASKA! Get your friends, get your family, get your neighbors & co-workers & GET OUT AND VOTE! We didn’t come this far and fight this hard to surrender our Country back to the Corrupt Washington Swamp. On 11/3 we must finish the job & Drain the Swamp once and for all!
 
Jeff Zeleny CNN reported

President Trump took off in Air Force One 1 hr 20 minutes ago, but thousands of his supporters remain stranded on a dark road outside the rally. “We need at least 30 more buses,” an Omaha police officer just said, shaking his head at the chaotic cluster that is unfolding.
 
Trump's speech in Omaha is less than an hour. It's the shortest rally speech he's given.

Same stuff as always.
It's less of a speech and more of a Stand Up act.
Trump says a vote for Republicans "is a vote for acknowledgement that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. Is that nice? People don't know that. A lot of people don't know that."

On international relations "I said, wait a minute aren't they always fighting each other? 'Yeah.' Aren't they always killing each other? 'Yeah. For many decades, sir, how did you know?' I said, I know"
 
Trump's speech in Omaha is less than an hour. It's the shortest rally speech he's given.

Same stuff as always.
It's less of a speech and more of a Stand Up act.
Trump says a vote for Republicans "is a vote for acknowledgement that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. Is that nice? People don't know that. A lot of people don't know that."

On international relations "I said, wait a minute aren't they always fighting each other? 'Yeah.' Aren't they always killing each other? 'Yeah. For many decades, sir, how did you know?' I said, I know"

This is what I don't get about Trump supporters. If their candidate was just as vile but razor sharp and clearly intelligent I could understand the rabid support for him because hey, he believes in the vile stuff they do and he is clearly going to be effective and adroit, and might run rings around his opponents. 45 on the other hand is basically a ranting homeless man in a suit, meandering on about absolutely nothing when he speaks. I know he has the same opinions as these people, but surely there is a much better version of him? I disagree most strongly with what Nixon stood for, for example but I respect his intelligence and ability. Donald Trump is just pathetic.
 
Jeff Zeleny CNN reported

President Trump took off in Air Force One 1 hr 20 minutes ago, but thousands of his supporters remain stranded on a dark road outside the rally. “We need at least 30 more buses,” an Omaha police officer just said, shaking his head at the chaotic cluster that is unfolding.
How did they get there to begin with?
 
This is what I don't get about Trump supporters. If their candidate was just as vile but razor sharp and clearly intelligent I could understand the rabid support for him because hey, he believes in the vile stuff they do and he is clearly going to be effective and adroit, and might run rings around his opponents. 45 on the other hand is basically a ranting homeless man in a suit, meandering on about absolutely nothing when he speaks. I know he has the same opinions as these people, but surely there is a much better version of him? I disagree most strongly with what Nixon stood for, for example but I respect his intelligence and ability. Donald Trump is just pathetic.
I keep being reminded, pardon the Godwin, of this documentary I watched of Hitler's rise in Germany. They interviewed two survivors of the war, who said they would go to Hitler's rally, be completely smitten with his speech, and then, when they had returned home and were listening to the same speech on the radio, they realised it didn't make much of an impression on them, in fact they would wonder what they had really been so impressed with. There was just something about actually being there, and Hitler's energy and personality, that had fired them up.

I'm sure Trump's ability to draw people to him and convince people, despite all his lying, incompetence, and lack of consistency, will be studied for decades to come.
 
I keep being reminded, pardon the Godwin, of this documentary I watched of Hitler's rise in Germany. They interviewed two survivors of the war, who said they would go to Hitler's rally, be completely smitten with his speech, and then, when they had returned home and were listening to the same speech on the radio, they realised it didn't make much of an impression on them, in fact they would wonder what they had really been so impressed with. There was just something about actually being there, and Hitler's energy and personality, that had fired them up.

I'm sure Trump's ability to draw people to him and convince people, despite all his lying, incompetence, and lack of consistency, will be studied for decades to come.

I think there is also something about being in a mob that "allows" people to do things they wouldn't normally do, and think things they normally wouldn't think.
 
How did they get there to begin with?

They were bused in from long term parking.

The thing is that while people arrive gradually, they tend to depart all at the same time so there were reportedly insufficient buses and these were caught up in the traffic jam of departing attendees.

According to the Twitter thread linked by Pixel42 upthread.
 
This is what I don't get about Trump supporters. If their candidate was just as vile but razor sharp and clearly intelligent I could understand the rabid support for him because hey, he believes in the vile stuff they do and he is clearly going to be effective and adroit, and might run rings around his opponents. 45 on the other hand is basically a ranting homeless man in a suit, meandering on about absolutely nothing when he speaks. I know he has the same opinions as these people, but surely there is a much better version of him? I disagree most strongly with what Nixon stood for, for example but I respect his intelligence and ability. Donald Trump is just pathetic.



It's like when they kept pushing Roy Moore, even after they knew he was a major creeper who pressured young girls into inappropriate relationships. "Are you really telling me that this guy is the best you can do?"

And they keep doing it. Bret Kavanaugh was just as bad as Moore, and yet they moved heaven and earth to get him appointed.

Barret is the same. Fundamentally unqualified for the job, and yet there she is. Do they really not have any qualified conservative judges they could have appointed? Really?
 
It's like when they kept pushing Roy Moore, even after they knew he was a major creeper who pressured young girls into inappropriate relationships. "Are you really telling me that this guy is the best you can do?"

And they keep doing it. Bret Kavanaugh was just as bad as Moore, and yet they moved heaven and earth to get him appointed.

Barret is the same. Fundamentally unqualified for the job, and yet there she is. Do they really not have any qualified conservative judges they could have appointed? Really?

FFIW, she seems to be qualified in exactly the ways that they actually want.
 
They were bused in from long term parking.

The thing is that while people arrive gradually, they tend to depart all at the same time so there were reportedly insufficient buses and these were caught up in the traffic jam of departing attendees.

According to the Twitter thread linked by Pixel42 upthread.



So the Trump campaign is less well-organized than the Canadian football League team I support.

Not that I'm surprised by that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom