Delvo
Дэлво Δε&#
Well, that's it, everybody, you can't argue with "math" and "economics".Although I have more money in my pocket due to the Trump tax cuts as does every American.
Well, that's it, everybody, you can't argue with "math" and "economics".Although I have more money in my pocket due to the Trump tax cuts as does every American.
It's the change we need to make first.Sadly you're right. I fear many people think electing Biden is the change we need to make, not the way to start the changes we need to make.
Well, the bad news is that Trump still has a 12% chance of winning, according to FiveThirtyEight and Biden merely has an 88% chance.
The worse news is that when it wobbles back to 13%, a tie at 1% and a Biden win at 86%, it will send pulses racing here at ISF about how "it's happening agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!"![]()
My partisan side says, "Go, Mike, go" while my more principled side sees this as just more confirmation that we live in a plutocracy. Money buys votes which buys power for the wealthy. With the Supremes we have now, there's no hope of changing this for the foreseeable future.
If I had those odds in Blackjack, I would bet the bank.
As others have said, there's quite a few self-help books which explicitly go the "wish and you will get" route. Even in the ones that don't spell it out, it's quite a big underlying premise.
And yet it was the Democrats that pushed through the Civil Rights Act. It was the Democrats that pushed through the Voting Rights Act. And it was the Republicans that ended the Voting Rights Act.
We could do this all day Chris. You're not stupid so stop pretending you are.
I admit that if you look back the Dixiecrats/Democrats in the South before Civil Rights legislation in the 60s promoted racism and employed it to hold power from 1870 to to 1960. But that was turned upside down in the 1960s and I know you know that. LBJ famously said when the Civil Rights Act was passed that the Democratic Party would be buried in the South for the next 50 years.
So this crap about the GOP being the party of Lincoln and the Dixiecrats is ancient ******* history.
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Although I have more money in my pocket due to the Trump tax cuts as does every American.
Well, that's it, everybody, you can't argue with "math" and "economics".
The fact that the top 1% got a whole hell of a lot more than anyone else just doesn't seem to matter as long as "I got some, too".
In the end, that's all that matters to some.
... and what suddenly doesn't matter at all is the budget deficit.
I think it will next month
Elderly attendees at Trump’s Omaha MAGA rally being treated for *hypothermia* after AF1 departs. Attendees stuck trying to get out of airport hanger, waiting for delayed buses & walking 3.7 miles to airport economy parking lot. So far 9 rushed to ER.
Well at least we aren't talking about covid anymoreOnce they'd been bussed in they'd served their purpose, why bother to bus them out again?
Elderly attendees at Trump’s Omaha MAGA rally being treated for *hypothermia* after AF1 departs...
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1321319279778779136
Once they'd been bussed in they'd served their purpose, why bother to bus them out again?
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1321319279778779136
They must be expecting Trump to lose, they are already talking about spending.Trump Retweeted
Jake Schneider
@jacobkschneider
Boston Herald endorses President @realDonaldTrump!
The choice could not be more clear.
Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
The Boston Herald on why Trump deserves a second term. Editorial: The Herald endorses Trump
Richard Walters
@rww_gop
“[Trump is] what America needs right now, decisive action to get us back to pre-pandemic strength — not an unfeasible spending spree in the name of a progressive utopia.
The Boston Herald endorses Donald Trump for president.”