• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

A Disgraceful Con Artist! Charges anyone?
Quote Tweet

Gregg Jarrett
@GreggJarrett
BOMBSHELL: Clinton Allegedly Approved Russiagate Falsehood As Distraction From Email Scandal https://gjarr.it/33ocRnF

Well, I think we can all agree that the Trump administration has unmatched expertise in distractions to replace coverage of scandals by the media.
 
Surely business could continue as usual without the outgoing administration having the ability to hold onto such power when they have been voted out?

Yes, but the federal government is altogether a different matter. There are, literally, thousands of appointments to be made, changes in policies to be enacted and the new government's approach to ongoing issues. I think two months is a reasonable transition period. That said, I think that during the transition period, the existing government should be severely limited in the actions they can take.
 
Yes, but the federal government is altogether a different matter. There are, literally, thousands of appointments to be made, changes in policies to be enacted and the new government's approach to ongoing issues. I think two months is a reasonable transition period. That said, I think that during the transition period, the existing government should be severely limited in the actions they can take.

Let's not forget lots of legally mandated information to be passed from the outgoing to the incoming administration. Like the pandemic playbook.
 
All I can say about the Trump Presidency is that I hope we wake up from what has become a national nightmare. I didn't think it could get this bad. In 2016, I thought, "well, I didn't vote for him but how bad could it be?" Yeeesh. And I'm not talking about a specific policy or action that Trump has done. Reality is he hasn't done much at all and what little he has done has been mostly disastrous. I'm talking more about the actual State of the Union as it stands on October 7, 2020. I've never experienced my country like it is right now. I've had long time friends, colleagues, mentors and other acquaintances turn into (reveal themselves as?) hateful people. I've never personally lived through so much division and outright hate for "the other side." I've never seen such callousness for human life as we've seen in the response to the Covid pandemic. I've never felt so . . . ashamed, maybe? That's close enough. I've never felt so ashamed to be an American.

The Trump era needs to end. Period.

My greatest fear is the damage has already been done.

This post did not age well.
 
All I can say about the Trump Presidency is that I hope we wake up from what has become a national nightmare. I didn't think it could get this bad. In 2016, I thought, "well, I didn't vote for him but how bad could it be?" Yeeesh. And I'm not talking about a specific policy or action that Trump has done. Reality is he hasn't done much at all and what little he has done has been mostly disastrous. I'm talking more about the actual State of the Union as it stands on October 7, 2020. I've never experienced my country like it is right now. I've had long time friends, colleagues, mentors and other acquaintances turn into (reveal themselves as?) hateful people. I've never personally lived through so much division and outright hate for "the other side." I've never seen such callousness for human life as we've seen in the response to the Covid pandemic. I've never felt so . . . ashamed, maybe? That's close enough. I've never felt so ashamed to be an American.

The Trump era needs to end. Period.

My greatest fear is the damage has already been done.

It has become pure Tribalism. It is not even about policy...you can almost always find a compromise on that....but about getting one over on the other side. Unless this chantes, it will wreck this country.
I think Trump is a symptom rather then the cause of this,but his performance in office has only made matters worse.
And, in the worst sign of all, you see people on the left becoming infected with the same tribalism.
 
And, in the worst sign of all, you see people on the left becoming infected with the same tribalism.
Only because they're beginning to recognize that the optimal answer does not always lie in the middle as a compromise because some guys will act (or just are) ◊◊◊◊◊◊* crazy to stretch the "middle" over towards them. This is a revelation that they're about two decades slow on.

As someone who'd like to see them compromise a little less, I have every confidence that as soon as they find a Republican who is even somewhat lucid most of the time, the Democrats will again fall over themselves trying to please them to prove their bipartisan credentials.
 
Last edited:
....
I've never personally lived through so much division and outright hate for "the other side." I've never seen such callousness for human life as we've seen in the response to the Covid pandemic. I've never felt so . . . ashamed, maybe? That's close enough. I've never felt so ashamed to be an American.

I want to repeat the above because it closely reflects my own view. After the first debate was over I felt ashamed for America.... or ashamed to be an American .... or ashamed of America. All three, I guess.

And never in a way parallel to past shameful actions. The Vietnam War. Jim Crow. Spewing pollution. All these and more were shameful but were bad policy choices that led to bad actions. But with Trump somehow the shame became personal. It hit home like nothing else, like I was a part of what was happening, despite myself.

As xjx388 noted, the worse is not all the laws Trump has broken or his many, many personal faults, the bigger issues are the lack of civility, the childish name calling, the disinterest in the success of our democratic experiment, being president for only his base and so on. He campaigned on bring out the worst of us, not the best. He's allowed racism and white nationalism to exist on the public stage.

As Thomas Paine wrote in December, 1776, "These are the times that try men's souls." They are, indeed.
 
President Trump claimed on Wednesday that catching the coronavirus was “a blessing from God” and portrayed as a miracle cure the unproven therapeutic drug he was given after testing positive last week for the virus. Mr. Trump said he planned to make the antibody cocktail being developed by the drug maker Regeneron, which does not yet have government approval, free to anyone who needs it. He did not explain how he would do it... New York Times link


The way trump has been behaving the past several days, if he was a U.S. Navy ship captain he'd have been relieved of his command. Realistically, the United States doesn't have a president right now. It's a very scary time. Never saw anything like this. Never could have imagined anything like this.
 
The way trump has been behaving the past several days, if he was a U.S. Navy ship captain he'd have been relieved of his command. Realistically, the United States doesn't have a president right now. It's a very scary time. Never saw anything like this. Never could have imagined anything like this.

President Trump wouldn't have to say how he would deliver those drugs to everyone for free because he's an ideas man, a big picture guy, he doesn't have to bother with the nitty gritty of tiny details - he has people for that.

For an illustration of this, look at his approach to healthcare. He makes an announcement that he has a great plan, issues an Executive Order but then the content of that EO is that other people need to work through the nitty-gritty of actually coming up with a plan.

It's like if I decide that I want to own a world class restaurant. That's my part done, setting the vision, it's up to other people to raise the money, find and refurbish the location, decide what kind of restaurant it's going to be, recruit the staff, decide what kind of restaurant it's going to be, develop the menu and so on. :rolleyes:
 
Trump is on a call to Fox ranting and raving about indicting Hillary Clinton.
 
Asked what he'll do to bring the economy back in a second term, Trump goes on an unhinged rant abo
"We shouldn't be hurting our workers because China put the curse on"

"She's a communist," Trump says of Kamala Harris, adding without a shred of irony that "Biden won't make it two months as president"

Trump claims he's killed terrorists that are "bigger names than Osama bin Laden"
 
Last edited:
"He's been disappointing" -- Trump throws FBI Director Wray under the bus

"Unless Bill Barr indicts these people for crimes -- the greatest political crime in history of our country -- then we'll get little satisfaction ... and that includes Obama and that includes Biden"
 
Trump Retweeted

George Papadopoulos
@GeorgePapa19
BREAKING: The Department of Justice announced an 11AM press conference tomorrow on a “Matter of National Security.”


This seems to have passed unnoticed, since it was pretty much a non-event.
The big DOJ press conference yesterday on "a matter of national security" turned out to be announcing the indictment of several ISIS terrorists who were captured back in 2015.
No arrest warrants for Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Biden after all.
 
As Maria Bartiromo tries to end the interview, Trump yelled out of nowhere, "why isn't Hillary Clinton being indicted?!"
 
We aren't going to the end of this without a high profile Democrat Politician being assassinated on Trump's ranting dogwhistles.
 
Trump has been tweeting all manner of crazy crap since his return from the hospital, yet it doesn't seem to be moving any needles or catching any eyes. I think... I mean... are we finally over him? Has he faded into the background noise? Just a dull roar from the White House that everyone's tuned out?
 
Trump has been tweeting all manner of crazy crap since his return from the hospital, yet it doesn't seem to be moving any needles or catching any eyes. I think... I mean... are we finally over him? Has he faded into the background noise? Just a dull roar from the White House that everyone's tuned out?

I don't want to jinx it but maybe, here in the 11th hour, Trump finally has achieved "Planck" crazy.
 
As Maria Bartiromo tries to end the interview, Trump yelled out of nowhere, "why isn't Hillary Clinton being indicted?!"

Because someone is desperately trying to safe Trump's bacon by not setting the precedent that it is okay to use the DOJ against your political rivals.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom