• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it seems to have done so far, based on FiveThirtyEight's poll numbers, is a small uptick in his approval rating which isn't reflected in election polls.



Well, to be fair, I approve of him getting sick, because I think the bastard deserves some suffering, so there's that.
 
Lots of "concern" here, lots. Anyway, I would advice to check the main poll aggregators which really are the best actual data at the moment. The Biden lead is exceptionally big in these polarized times and remarkably stable, except that it has been slowly rising for weeks now. So maybe a bit less "concern" would be in order...
 
Lots of "concern" here, lots. Anyway, I would advice to check the main poll aggregators which really are the best actual data at the moment. The Biden lead is exceptionally big in these polarized times and remarkably stable, except that it has been slowly rising for weeks now. So maybe a bit less "concern" would be in order...

Personally, I'd say that the change that has shown thus far is insignificant - more or less swamped by random variation. The main thing about these aggregators is that they smooth out sudden spikes in this or that poll, unless they reflect *actual* shifts in public opinion - at which point they're reflected decently in every poll.
 
I really struggle to imagine the voter who has been up until now undecided on Trump, but has now decided to vote for him because he caught the coronavirus.

I struggle to imagine anyone who isn't decided on their position on President Trump but apparently they exist.

Whether they're stuck making a decision between President Trump and Joe Biden is a different matter - though they probably exist - IMO it's more a case of whether someone will actually bother to turn out and vote for him.

Either way, suddenly feeling sorry for him or thinking that he's bravely putting his own welfare to one side to work for the good of the country may be just enough to persuade that person to vote to re-elect the President.
 
"President Trump's re-election campaign is arguing that his COVID-19 diagnosis and subsequent hospitalization should be seen as advantages over his Democratic challenger, former Vice President Joe Biden, who has not contracted the coronavirus, in the lead up to the presidential election.

Erin Perrine, the Trump campaign's director of press communications, told Fox News on Monday that Trump's bout with the virus is just another addition to his list of "firsthand experiences" — which also includes his career as a businessman and the last several years in the Oval Office — that Biden does not have."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/poli...him-edge-over-biden/ar-BB19IPXL?ocid=msedgdhp
 
"President Trump's re-election campaign is arguing that his COVID-19 diagnosis and subsequent hospitalization should be seen as advantages over his Democratic challenger, former Vice President Joe Biden, who has not contracted the coronavirus, in the lead up to the presidential election.

Erin Perrine, the Trump campaign's director of press communications, told Fox News on Monday that Trump's bout with the virus is just another addition to his list of "firsthand experiences" — which also includes his career as a businessman and the last several years in the Oval Office — that Biden does not have."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/poli...him-edge-over-biden/ar-BB19IPXL?ocid=msedgdhp

Brilliant. There's no doubt Trump has lots of experience Biden hasn't. Has Biden ever paid off a porn star, even once?

Biden could've gone the extra mile and contracted H1N1 while he was VP, but did he? No. Because he doesn't care enough about the US of A.

I'm sold.
 
Brilliant. There's no doubt Trump has lots of experience Biden hasn't. Has Biden ever paid off a porn star, even once?

Biden could've gone the extra mile and contracted H1N1 while he was VP, but did he? No. Because he doesn't care enough about the US of A.

I'm sold.

Biden could also have declared bankruptcy several times, cheated on his taxes, and cheated on his wives. I guess that would have given more of the same experience as Trump, too.
 
Has Biden ever had to run the country during a Trump Presidency? No only Trump has.

Checkmate libruls.
 
Has Biden ever had to run the country during a Trump Presidency? No only Trump has.

Checkmate libruls.
Really? From the way trump talks/campaigns I thought Biden was the incumbent any trump was the challenger.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
 
I just know Trump will recover and then downplay the virus even more. He'll be something like this:

"The doctors couldn't believe my recovery. They said, 'Sir, how did you beat it so fast?' and I said, 'I have a great immune system, one of the great immune systems of all time. You've never seen an immune system like mine, believe me.' And it was no big deal, really. They said 'Oh weren't you worried you'd die?' and I was like 'No, but I tell you what, Sleepy Joe should be worried. He should be worried because the Kung Flu will take him like that [makes slashing gesture]. Why do you think he always wears that mask? He's scared! He's scared and he's weak."
 
He just tweeted he'll be released today. This leads me to believe that it was all a political stunt
 
He just tweeted he'll be released today. This leads me to believe that it was all a political stunt

It leads me to believe he'll be readmitted back to the hospital within 24 hours in much worse condition. The man's a fool to himself, not just to the rest of us.
 
It leads me to believe he'll be readmitted back to the hospital within 24 hours in much worse condition. The man's a fool to himself, not just to the rest of us.

I think that is not unlikely, but I try not to get my hopes up, this is 2020 after all.
 
There's still some people at the White House he hasn't infected yet. He'll go back to the Hospital after he's licked all of them.
 
Could be, although, being a stunt would conflict a bit with the leaks about low blood oxygen levels and requiring steroids.


There was a discussion in the Trump and COVID thread about the side effects of the drug he was given, from someone who has taken it themselves.

"It is an upper; within just a few hours you feel smarter and believe you are thinking faster than ever. When on it I would make elaborate jokes that I thought were clever but most others didn’t get. You don’t need to sleep."

That's likely why he's babbling about how great he feels.
 
There was a discussion in the Trump and COVID thread about the side effects of the drug he was given, from someone who has taken it themselves.

"It is an upper; within just a few hours you feel smarter and believe you are thinking faster than ever. When on it I would make elaborate jokes that I thought were clever but most others didn’t get. You don’t need to sleep."

That's likely why he's babbling about how great he feels.

How is this different from how he normally behaves?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom