• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

I'm guessing that the first few posts in this thread are typical of the rest. The amount of cheering and ill wishing is unprecedented and it would be hard to find a comparable scenario if I godwinned this thread. Much as we would prefer Tweedledum to Tweedledee, I see no reason to make it so personal.

Has anybody considered that anything that keeps Trump out of circulation would be good for his re-election chances?
 
Remember, people love Trump because he says what he is thinking and isn't worried about being PC.

And people hate Hillary because she said things that hurt their precious little feefees.

And they hate her because someone who used to be her spokesperson has now said something she is thinking without worrying about being PC.

They love Trump because he says what THEY are thinking, and he can get away with not being "PC". Someone speaking their mind without filter when it offends THEM... well now that's different.
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing that the first few posts in this thread are typical of the rest. The amount of cheering and ill wishing is unprecedented and it would be hard to find a comparable scenario if I godwinned this thread. Much as we would prefer Tweedledum to Tweedledee, I see no reason to make it so personal.

Has anybody considered that anything that keeps Trump out of circulation would be good for his re-election chances?

Yeah texted back and forth with my brother this morning that this could be fake in order for Trump to get out of future debates. But, so many around Trump testing positive probably means its real, we doubt Trump could pull this off.
 
I want Trump to stop hurting America. At the end of the day that's it.

I'd feel bad and would be doing some deep moral soul searching IF I held onto to even the slightest hope that Trump was capable of either accepting defeat, changing and growing as a person enough to reach the level of 'normal bad,' or even just going away.

So I want Trump to stop hurting America. If the only way that happens is if he shuffles off the mortal coil that's on him, not me.

The sooner he dies the better. Even three months of a lame duck Pence would be better than Trump laying waste to everything in sight.
 
Having the maskless POTUS coughing with COVID versus the mask-wearing COVID-negative challenger really throws this election season into a poetic light
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing that the first few posts in this thread are typical of the rest. The amount of cheering and ill wishing is unprecedented and it would be hard to find a comparable scenario if I godwinned this thread. Much as we would prefer Tweedledum to Tweedledee, I see no reason to make it so personal.

Yes, how reprehensible that people wish suffering on someone who is the cause of so much suffering.

Has anybody considered that anything that keeps Trump out of circulation would be good for his re-election chances?

How so? Please be specific.
 
Some comments from Doctor Ronnie:



https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/wor...7731cc741ac102ce3d69a3&pinned_post_type=share

I suppose for the literal meaning of incredible - unable to be believed - then I suppose it's right.



Hmmmmmmm......

But he clearly states what IMO is going to be the GOP position on this:



IOW, Covid-19 has been blown out of all proportion by the Democrats and while the illness itself is not a hoax per-se, the need to close anything down or take any extraordinary precautions have ended up creating the "Covid-19 is especially dangerous" hoax.

It's like that joke:

"after my surgery, will I be able to play the trumpet?"
"when the stitches come out, yes"
"good, because I've always wanted to"

Energetic isn't exactly the first word that I'd use to describe Trump. Although I did see one sycophant saying that he was as vigorous as a 30-year old, which gained marks for insincerity.
 
How so? Please be specific.

If President Trump had been unable to attend the debate, he likely wouldn't have lost the 1% or 2% following his performance.

It seems that the less people see and hear of him, the more inclined they'd be to forget what a **** he is.
 
The sooner he dies the better. Even three months of a lame duck Pence would be better than Trump laying waste to everything in sight.

IMO there's a very real risk that Pence would be re-elected on a wave of public sympathy.
 
It's like that joke:

"after my surgery, will I be able to play the trumpet?"
"when the stitches come out, yes"
"good, because I've always wanted to"

Energetic isn't exactly the first word that I'd use to describe Trump. Although I did see one sycophant saying that he was as vigorous as a 30-year old, which gained marks for insincerity.

When I went in for minor surgery on my left hand with only a local anesthetic some years ago, when the doctor approached I asked him "Doc, after this will I be able to play the piano?" He played along for the punch line. Then he cut off my hand! No, the surgery took about ten minutes, but dammit I still can't play the piano!
 
I'm guessing that the first few posts in this thread are typical of the rest. The amount of cheering and ill wishing is unprecedented and it would be hard to find a comparable scenario if I godwinned this thread. Much as we would prefer Tweedledum to Tweedledee, I see no reason to make it so personal.

Has anybody considered that anything that keeps Trump out of circulation would be good for his re-election chances?

Much like his financial maneuvers, his absence in anything would likely be more beneficial than his input.
 
If President Trump had been unable to attend the debate, he likely wouldn't have lost the 1% or 2% following his performance.

It seems that the less people see and hear of him, the more inclined they'd be to forget what a **** he is.

Much like his financial maneuvers, his absence in anything would likely be more beneficial than his input.

He’s a politician running for office who just took himself off the campaign trail for half the time he has left to campaign.

Furthermore, something like 2/3rds of the electorate already don’t trust Trump on his coronavirus response. The man was just on live television mocking Biden for wearing a mask. And now despite all his claims to the contrary, Trump has just demonstrated that he can’t even keep himself and his family safe, let alone the country.

There is no way this isn’t devastating to the GOP “Everything is fine” narrative.

I just don’t see how this is a net positive for the Trump campaign.
 
Remember, people love Trump because he says what he is thinking and isn't worried about being PC.

And people hate Hillary because she said things that hurt their precious little feefees.

Republican snowflake is most pathetic kind of snowflake.
 
I'm guessing that the first few posts in this thread are typical of the rest. The amount of cheering and ill wishing is unprecedented and it would be hard to find a comparable scenario if I godwinned this thread. Much as we would prefer Tweedledum to Tweedledee, I see no reason to make it so personal.

Has anybody considered that anything that keeps Trump out of circulation would be good for his re-election chances?

Definitely. I've been convinced for a while that the only thing that endangered Trump's reelection is Trump himself. Trump doesn't know how to shut up.

But Trump catching COVID doesn't mean he's going to die from it. Chances are he won't. Nobody and I mean nobody gets better care than the President. So I doubt he will.

I'm worried he'll be even more insufferable if his symptoms are mild. I have wanted Trump to catch COVID for a while. I want him to suffer. Now that doesn't mean I want him to die. I don't wish anyone to die and ordinarily I wouldn't want anyone to suffer. But maybe a little suffering would help Trump be empathetic.

I probably am making the mistake that Trump could become more human like. If he can't, I have no problem with him succumbing to the virus. I'd shed a tear..maybe.
 
One can but hope his doctors insist on complete rest and take his phone away. Imagine 14 days blissfully free of Trump tweets...
 
Last edited:
Nobody and I mean nobody gets better care than the President.

Nobody has access to better care. But that doesn't mean he'll avail himself of it. A lot of people are just bad patients, no matter what the quality of their care. Trump is the sort of person who'd eat before a surgery, lie about it, then barf up cheeseburger and breathe it into his lungs while under anesthesia. That's very irritating for the surgeons.

Consider this: Trump also has access to the best hair stylists. How's that working out for him?
 
Nobody has access to better care. But that doesn't mean he'll avail himself of it. A lot of people are just bad patients, no matter what the quality of their care. Trump is the sort of person who'd eat before a surgery, lie about it, then barf up cheeseburger and breathe it into his lungs while under anesthesia. That's very irritating for the surgeons.

Consider this: Trump also has access to the best hair stylists. How's that working out for him?

You do have a point.
 
He’s a politician running for office who just took himself off the campaign trail for half the time he has left to campaign.

Furthermore, something like 2/3rds of the electorate already don’t trust Trump on his coronavirus response. The man was just on live television mocking Biden for wearing a mask. And now despite all his claims to the contrary, Trump has just demonstrated that he can’t even keep himself and his family safe, let alone the country.

There is no way this isn’t devastating to the GOP “Everything is fine” narrative.

I just don’t see how this is a net positive for the Trump campaign.

Neither do I, but I'll offer the anxiety produced scenario that I really, really, hope doesn't play out.

Consider your average person planning on voting for Trump.

His true believer supporters won't be affected just because he comes down with some flu-like symptoms. Short of actually dying, they'll come up with some excuse why he was right all a long.

There's another group of people, a fairly large group, actually, that hates Trump. However, they feel that any Republican is better than any Democrat. Nothing about this will change their vote.

So, the only people who could be influenced are the undecideds. How many of those are there? I would think these developments would shift some into the Biden camp, but if they were undecided, they probably already thought Trump was doing a lousy job with Covid, or that whatever he was doing didn't really matter and that the disease was going to "run it's course" anyway.

But there's another electoral influence. It could remind people just how dangerous the virus is. If even the President can't be protected, it must be very dangerous to go out and interact with people, like, for instance, in a line at a polling place. And since Democratic voters are more likely to be afraid of the virus than Republican voters, turnout could be further depressed by seeing the President infected.

That's kind of a nightmare scenario, but not unthinkable.

In general what worries me about this election is that lots of people will vote by mail for the first time, which will result in lots of spoiled ballots, because it's easier to fill out a mail in ballot improperly and get the ballot rejected. Other people will plan on voting by mail, but not get around to doing it in time, and will decide to sit out the election. Other people will plan on voting in person, but at the last minute decide that it isn't safe. Since Democrats fear the virus more than Republicans, all of these things help Trump, and him getting sick makes all of them worse.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom