• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

The “Trump Doctrine” earns President Trump a third Nobel Peace Prize Nomination!
@LouDobbs
PTSD case in evidence. [emoji20]


Question... Someone (SG?) posted yesterday that the committee rules keep noms sealed for IIRC 50 years.
Are eligible nominators just saying "yeah, I submitted his name" or what?
 
Last edited:
After which trump asked when they would be coming out with a coal-powered model.

Marine legend Chesty Puller once, according to legend, was shown a new model of flamethrower and asked where one would mount the bayonet on it.

Trump's like that except he'd ask where you'd mount the bayonet on a bomber.
 
Question: in the article, it says: "She [Parscale's wife] said he had post-traumatic stress disorder and had recently become violent, showing police bruises on her arms from an argument two days prior."

Someone knows how or where he got this PTSD?

Of course, they all are. Parscale led the campaign for the candidate of the "Family Values" people, so he beats his wife. Figures. :(

I read his bio, it wasn't from serving his country.
 
Mmm. To poke a little further at the Lincoln Project and the Supreme Court - Here's an interesting argument that's worth considering -

Right-wing media outlets are already running with the talking point that Amy Coney Barrett must be confirmed before the election in order to rule on the next Florida 2000 scenario (a case she worked on as a lawyer, of course!). This facially makes no sense since there’s already a conservative majority on the Court, thus making another confirmation irrelevant. However this isn’t about making sense, it’s just bait placed right where Trump can see it and parrot it on Twitter. Conservatives don’t want this confirmation done before the election because they think it helps him win, they want it done so they can stop having to deal with him.

Rewire’s Imani Gandy put it exactly right on Twitter this morning: those thorns in Trump’s political side over at Project Lincoln are very quiet about this power grab because fundamentally Project Lincoln still revels in the idea of a right-wing, anti-majoritarian Court blocking popular calls for expanded rights and business regulation, they’re just fed up with Trump’s antics. And that’s a sliding scale that all Republicans are on, and in Amy Coney Barrett, many that still publicly side with him are seeing the end of the slide approaching rapidly.

Handing the Republicans a 6-3 majority for the foreseeable future with only two conservatives in their early 70s all but wraps up a job well done for Trump in their eyes. Why stick their necks out for a guy imperiling their national brand any longer if he’s already delivered everything they can possibly hope for? Especially if this results in Democrats pursuing a court expansion plan that can set the stage for the next Republican president to cement right-wing domination for a generation.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

Now Fake News @CNN is actually reporting that I wanted my daughter, Ivanka, to run with me as my Vice President in 2016 Election. Wrong and totally ridiculous. These people are sick!

Might as well mention this because it will never be reported by the Lamestream Media!
Quote Tweet
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrumpThe “Trump Doctrine” earns President Trump a third Nobel Peace Prize Nomination! @LouDobbs

Okay, so Trump confirmed that he wanted Ivanka to be VP. I assume this was an attempt at a dynastic transfer of power.
 
Trump Tweets

Now Fake News @CNN is actually reporting that I wanted my daughter, Ivanka, to run with me as my Vice President in 2016 Election. Wrong and totally ridiculous. These people are sick!

This from the guy who publicly admitted being horny for his daughter.
 
Eric Trump on Fox today said
"The LGBT community, they are incredible. And you should see how they come out in full force for my father every single day. I'm part of that community, and we love the man."
 
Did Eric Trump just admit to being gay? Or Trans?
He's already "clarified" his remarks. He's not LGBT, he's just stupid.
I thought it was a case where he was jealous of all the attention that Trump pays to Ivanka and wanted some attention for himself.

"He wants to have sex with my sister... maybe if I am gay he will want to have sex with me".
 
Question... Someone (SG?) posted yesterday that the committee rules keep noms sealed for IIRC 50 years.
Are eligible nominators just saying "yeah, I submitted his name" or what?

Yes. The Nobel committee won't confirm any nominations, but anyone can admit to nominating someone.
 
Eric Trump on Fox today said

"The LGBT community, they are incredible. And you should see how they come out in full force for my father every single day. I'm part of that community, and we love the man."
Is pathologic hyperbole inheritable? [emoji53]
 
Trump Tweets

Now Fake News @CNN is actually reporting that I wanted my daughter, Ivanka, to run with me as my Vice President in 2016 Election. Wrong and totally ridiculous. These people are sick!

Might as well mention this because it will never be reported by the Lamestream Media!
Quote Tweet
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrumpThe “Trump Doctrine” earns President Trump a third Nobel Peace Prize Nomination! @LouDobbs

Okay, so Trump confirmed that he wanted Ivanka to be VP. I assume this was an attempt at a dynastic transfer of power.

No, he wanted her as FLOTUS
 
Like driving their car or carbon monoxide?
It's gotten much harder to induce automotive CO poisoning - something about catalytic converters. No, I was talking about people smashing their cars into bridge abutments, or vaulting into the Grand Canyon, or just stepping out in freeway traffic, which is not at all fair to the guy in the tractor-trailer rig that mows you down, but it happens.

I was never able to quantify it, but every single police agency I talked to could remember quite a few cases off the tops of their heads.
 
The guy is a prominent public figure who may have assaulted his wife. He gave up claims to privacy a long time ago.

Oh, (and I'm sure you're quite aware of this) there are many things the mainstream media will run with now that they wouldn't touch in 2009.
I don't know. Some things haven't changed enough since 2009. U.S. media as far as I can tell is still extremely squeamish about some things. It's practically verboten to show a corpse. Which I get, from a sensitivity viewpoint. But it's just not like that in some countries, and it didn't used to be like that here, either. It was assumed that people would survive watching something upsetting.

I can think of a lot of classic news photos that would probably not even run today.

There would be plenty of reasons to rationalize covering Parscale's case, but him giving up his right to privacy isn't a big issue for me. It's not about his rights but about a news organization's general practices. I do have to keep remembering, however, that my information is out of date.

Still, you know how when there's a disgusting video everyone can see on YouTube and the news will run a fragment of it bracketed by warnings that "This could be upsetting to some viewers"? Then they run an edited fragment that doesn't even include the worst part.
 
The out-loud response:
Brad Parscale is a member of our family and we all love him. We are ready to support him and his family in any way possible.

My interpretation:
What a loser. Thank God we dumped him from the inner circle.

It sounds like Parscale was dealing with PTSD from abuse inflicted by Trump. I'm not going to go so far as to feel sorry for him, and I admit to a frisson of schadenfreude, but I did wonder about the newsroom conversations on this one.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom