Whether you like sports or not, the idea that they're worthless or marginal is destroyed simply by the economics of it, regardless of whether you adhere to the doctrine of Bill Shankly.
That's exactly why I started the thread all those posts ago.
A young woman trains for her entire life and gets beaten by a bloke who claims to be a woman*.
It doesn't amuse me at all how many second-rate men's athletes have suddenly realised they were really women once they recognise they're at their peak performance and it's not good enough to compete against men.
And if you think that's a bad thing, you're a TERF, a transphobe or misandrist.
*I've been working with a young woman on sponsorship deals who's at the very elite level of her sport, working towards (barring injury) her certain selection for the NZ Olympic team. She is a brilliant athlete, stunningly intelligent, the hardest-working person I've ever met, and a superb leader - former Head Girl, winner of various female leadership awards, etc, etc.
The idea that because she's in a strength event, she could have the opportunity snatched away if one of the male competitors turns up in a dress and claims the women's title frankly disgusts me, and it's already happened with NZ women's mountain biking as I've stated earlier.