• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Who will Biden choose as running mate?

Who will Biden choose as running mate?


  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
I'm curious, what happens if Biden gives up the ghost before election day? Do people just keep voting the same Biden/Harris ticket, and VP Harris gets the bump on inauguration day? Or does she become the candidate and select a VP to run with her?

No, the Dems would have to nominate a new ticket. Biden would be ineligible to run, from what I understand, and votes for him would be nullified. Maybe. It's never happened before. Came close, Horace Greeley kicked it between the general and EC votes, but he lost the general vote so the question was never tested.

Where it would get interesting is after the election, or after the EC vote and before the swearing in. Harris would then get the gig. That's either the 20th or 25th amendment. She then nominates a VP to get certified by the House. Once she becomes the VP-elect, it's official. The only problem is, the term VP-Elect, while used in the constitution, is not defined.

Of course, some of these rules were written when the VP was it's own race and not a single ticket item. So who knows. But it Biden punches out before the vote, I'm sure the Dems would have an alternate ready to go.
 
Lincoln Project: 'Kamela'
I am so used to see their ads being anti-trump/anti-republican attacks that it seems almost weird to see a positive pro-Democrat ad. (Not that I am complaining... Their stuff usually seems to be good )

Eta: I wonder if they threw that together at the last minute or if they had multiple ads (one for each possible VP pick) ready just in case.
 
Last edited:
Harris, wow I made a correct guess. Think I'll start playing options.....well maybe not
 
I am so used to see their ads being anti-trump/anti-republican attacks that it seems almost weird to see a positive pro-Democrat ad. (Not that I am complaining... Their stuff usually seems to be good )

Eta: I wonder if they threw that together at the last minute or if they had multiple ads (one for each possible VP pick) ready just in case.

Probably pre-prepared a few of the more likely ones, the same way as I have no doubt there are people on this board preprepped to explain why it's a bad pick regardless of who Biden chose.
 
A reasonable choice but not my fav pick.

Not mine either.. but I get it. Traditionally, the Presidential candidate tries to stay above the fray and the VP candidate is the attack dog. Kamala Harris is probably best suited for that role.
 
Not mine either.. but I get it. Traditionally, the Presidential candidate tries to stay above the fray and the VP candidate is the attack dog. Kamala Harris is probably best suited for that role.

VP choice is not hugely important as regards the election. You can basically only screw it up or be safe and meh. So I really do like this safe, non-exciting choice. So far Biden has played this election pretty perfectly. You can't compete with the Clown in Chief for the daily news cycles this early and neither you should when the idiot is digging deeper and deeper.
 
I am so used to see their ads being anti-trump/anti-republican attacks that it seems almost weird to see a positive pro-Democrat ad. (Not that I am complaining... Their stuff usually seems to be good )

Eta: I wonder if they threw that together at the last minute or if they had multiple ads (one for each possible VP pick) ready just in case.

That can't be thrown together that quickly. They have at least five of those ready to go. One day I think it would be interesting to see what the others looked like.
 
Who knew Trump opponents were anti-immigrant? Learn something new every day.

You might want to learn the difference between stating a fact that they were immigrants and being anti-immigrant. But nice try.


But you're rather missing the point. Yes, they were immigrants. But they weren't illegal immigrants. They were not targeted because they were immigrants, that just made deportation possible. They were targeted because of their political opinions.

You missed varwoche's point which was "And yet, no past president unleashed goons to attack peaceful protesters," to which you linked to the Palmer raids. Those weren't protesters; those were immigrant political anarchists and immigrant communist labor actvists. They weren't protesting. Do try and get your facts straight.


The repeal doesn't change the fact that it was passed. And the fact that it was during a time of war is an excuse, it's not a justification.

Nonsense. You used the Sedition Act in an attempt to somehow hand wave away this statement by varwoche:

No past president threatened a whistleblower extra legally.

How you think the Sedition Act of 1918 has anything to do with the above is a mystery. The whistleblower was not committing sedition. Whistleblowers are protected by law and you damn well know it.

Nevertheless, Roosevelt said nice things about Stalin. You can't ad hom your way around that fact.

Oh, get off it. Roosevelt had to work with Stalin during WWII because he needed him. Roosevelt wasn't "servile" to Stalin and he certainly didn't accept Stalin's word over his own intelligence agencies like Trump has. Nor did he act the fool the way Trump has with Kim. You can't lie your way around those facts.
Robert Orlando is a right wing nut job. He thinks Patton was assassinated, silenced by his enemies.
 
Trump just said that Harris is a person who has told many lies.



ETA: The Idiot in Chief just mispronounced Kamala "Ka MAH la". He also used "Pocahontas" and "Sleepy Joe" in the same answer. What a putz.
 
Last edited:
I wonder if the pick of Kamala is telegraphing to Trump that Biden will not be pardoning Trump of all the crimes.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom