• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Who will Biden choose as running mate?

Who will Biden choose as running mate?


  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
The way I see it, voters tend to think of the VP as part of the candidate's total package. Some will select the candidate because of their VP pick. Some will select the candidate in spite of their VP pick. Some will select the candidate without caring about the VP pick. None will select the VP independently of their preference for the candidate.

I think that is true. People vote the top of the ticket.
 
.....because I am not hiring this person, I am presenting them as a potential hire to the American people, and I think it is important that a person representing a race and gender that has never been represented in this office before be offered up as an option.

And, is Biden really campaigning all that much? - he is not even going to attend the "convention".

(but, yeah, he is just fine- fit as a fiddle!!)


Well said. Biden is not hiring his VP and he will not be the boss, i.e. he cannot fire the VP after she is elected. This is simply as if you were going to apply for a job that hires people in pairs and you wanted to pick someone you know to come and apply with you.
 
I think Harris is likely the best speaker; but I fervently hope that Biden does NOT choose a sitting US senator.
 
...People around here switching to the "What's wrong with defending Stalin?" line shortly.


I'm afraid that's your own cross to bear. I want Trump to nuke those Russkies back to the stone age.


"but, but, but .... that makes you a hypocrite!"

No, that makes me a troll.

"Whatever, dude, we win 'cuz you just said you're no better than us!!"

No, you'll only "win" if, you know, you actually win. And the lib platform is still completely different. So there's that to look forward to and, of course, a whole lot of trolling!

"But that's not fair!"

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha
 
I picked Kamala Harris because that is who I think he will go with, but like you, I think Susan Rice would be the best pick, and if he went that way, Kamala Harris' extensive legal experience would make her a great AG.

I think Harris is likely the best speaker; but I fervently hope that Biden does NOT choose a sitting US senator.

I'd prefer he doesn't take any out of the Senate to put in his cabinet, either.
 
If I'm not mistaken, it's been 36 years since a sitting member of the House of Representatives ran for VP. That would seem to imply that the "conventional wisdom" is that representatives don't have enough national recognition to bring in a lot of votes.
 
The thing is, the demonstrations have not been universally popular among Dems, and the Defund the Police movement is still in its infancy and still lacks a universal formula for how to get there. Putting a Dem with and LE background on the ticket could help counter some of that. Give Dems leverage to appear to counter the worst ideas regarding changes in Law Enforcement in America, without coming out in support of the old status quo.

The Nation argues that picking Harris would in fact be support for the old status quo:

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-vp-police-prosecutor/
 
It's a shorthand. The Nation published it. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.

It's a big wrong impression don't you think? I can go the NY Times on any given Sunday and read Op-Eds that profess diametrically opposed opinions. The same is true about The Nation.
 
Doocy from Fox had an amazing scoop yesterday: "Biden has picked his running mate".

And there's video from Biden (in his bizarre looking basement, I guess) confirming it:

 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom