• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the reason for calling them Republican crimes is that we're done being charitable with these scumbags. We've spent years now giving them the benefit of the doubt, only to see them get worse and worse.

So far, every gun-toting thug we've seen protesting the lockdowns and the requirements of social distancing, like face masks and closed seating areas in restaurants, has been a Republican. I've seen no images and heard no reports of any left-wing people running around with guns, complaining about having to be nice to people during a pandemic. Even the "Antifa" bogeyman has been entirely absent, even from the right-wing blathersphere.

So yeah, these are Republican Crimes until they are absolutely proven not to be. Any Republican who doesn't like that can either **** right off, or start voting Democrat.

They should do both.
 
The reason for calling them Republican crimes is to trigger the Cons. As we have learned, that is very important. At least when the other side is doing it.

Well, I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
 
No it is simply he can't remember the correct name when he is spouting his stream of (semi)consciousness.

Which is why it always surprised me that he got "Hydroxy-chloroquine" right without having it written in front of him, as far as I know.
 
Oooh, valet close to The President tests positive for Covid-19. I imagine that The PDJT is a blubbering apopleptic at the moment.
 
Oooh, valet close to The President tests positive for Covid-19. I imagine that The PDJT is a blubbering apopleptic at the moment.

On general principle, I would never wish illness on anyone.

But then there’s the concept of “poetic justice”. In that regard, Trump or Pence or both absolutely need to contract COVID 19 to keep the universe in balance. But I feel a little guilty feeling that way.
 
On general principle, I would never wish illness on anyone.

But then there’s the concept of “poetic justice”. In that regard, Trump or Pence or both absolutely need to contract COVID 19 to keep the universe in balance. But I feel a little guilty feeling that way.

And I feel quite guilty for knowing just how you feel.
 
Trump Tweets

As you know, I designated this day to be a National Day of Prayer. As our Nation heals, our Spirit has never been Stronger!
 
Trump Tweets

As you know, I designated this day to be a National Day of Prayer. As our Nation heals, our Spirit has never been Stronger!

And the Holy Spirit came to the Apostles and spake thusly: "Cough, cough. Wheeze. Cough, cough, cough." And the Apostles were imbued with the Holy Spirit and went forth to the multitudes.
 
Oooh, valet close to The President tests positive for Covid-19. I imagine that The PDJT is a blubbering apopleptic at the moment.

Ideally, he and all he have had contact with should immediately go into a 14-day quarantine. Do you think that's going to happen? Absolutely not.

Will he wear a mask? Hell no.

Will he even maintain a safe social distance? No way.
 
On general principle, I would never wish illness on anyone.

But then there’s the concept of “poetic justice”. In that regard, Trump or Pence or both absolutely need to contract COVID 19 to keep the universe in balance. But I feel a little guilty feeling that way.


And that's why these ******** win so often. They never feel guilty, so they can do anything it takes to win. Sure, we could pull all the same tricks, but we're self-aware enough to know that that would make us no better than they are.

Someday soon, though, it's going to get bad enough that we stop feeling guilty.

If I were them, I would not be looking forward to that day.
 
Pacific theater U.S. personnel killed was ~111,000

We should be there about the end of this month.
Wait, what? I should pay more attention if you're right.
6-7 weeks ago I sputtered an out of nowhere WAG of US fatalities over a 2 to 3 course run (through next Spring) and asked if I was being optimistic. No one replied*.
For 3-4 weeks now I've thought the opposite (that distancing and other measures have done what I feared wouldn't be done) and expected the 100k Mark around this July soonest.

*I feared 200 to 500k over those 18 months. And as I say... wasn't optimistic about even that. I'd been in a thoroughly better frame of mind before reading your projection. ."Say it ain't so..." [emoji15]
 
This is from the coronavirus politics thread but it obviously fits better here.
...To state that the crowd was "the biggest ever" was a trivial lie. or mistake...He decided to double down.

I read an article explaining this. It was based on interviews and polling. Many of trump's supporters 'like' him BECAUSE he's such a transparent liar. The worse he behaves the more they support him. Why? Because 'he gets away with it.'

It seems to be support based on a blend of tribalism and emotion, not reason. This kind of thing:

  • Q - Is it good do you think, to have a president who is a proven liar and cheat?
  • A - Probably not but I can't help it; I like that about him. I can't explain it. I just do.
 
Last edited:
On general principle, I would never wish illness on anyone.



But then there’s the concept of “poetic justice”. In that regard, Trump or Pence or both absolutely need to contract COVID 19 to keep the universe in balance. But I feel a little guilty feeling that way.
I do too.
**** it... karma can come kick me in the balls. I've honestly not had a whit to give till now, I'll give that. [emoji21]
 
This is from the coronavirus politics thread but it obviously fits better here.


I read an article explaining this. It was based on interviews and polling. Many of trump's supporters 'like' him BECAUSE he's such a transparent liar. The worse he behaves the more they support him. Why? Because 'he gets away with it.'

It seems to be support based on a blend of tribalism and emotion, not reason. This kind of thing:

  • Q - Is it good do you think, to have a president who is a proven liar and cheat?
  • A - Probably not but I can't help it; I like that about him. I can't explain it. I just do.
Christ... just shoot me now. [emoji20]
 
One saving grace on the lockdown being phased out is that I doubt anyone is thinking in terms of re-opening public schools, since there would be scant instructional benefit. At least that's one population (students, teachers, administrators) who aren't going to be forced into close quarters at the height of a pandemic.
 
Trump Tweets

Congratulations to former Governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie, and all others involved, on a complete and total exoneration (with a 9-0 vote by the U.S. Supreme Court) on the Obama DOJ Scam referred to as “Bridgegate.” The Democrats....

....are getting caught doing very evil things, and Republicans should take note. This was grave misconduct by the Obama Justice Department! @GovChristie
 
One saving grace on the lockdown being phased out is that I doubt anyone is thinking in terms of re-opening public schools, since there would be scant instructional benefit. At least that's one population (students, teachers, administrators) who aren't going to be forced into close quarters at the height of a pandemic.

I doubt that the Community Babysitting Services (as a frustrated history teacher friend of mine basically called schools) would remain closed if everything else starts opening up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom