• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: 2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker Part IV

Bernie should stay in because it increases the profile of his ideas and pressures Biden to make more concessions to the left. We've already seen some success in this, with Biden trying to woo Bernie and Warren supporters with new policies. The bankruptcy policy is an explicit offer for Warren and her supporters, and the college policy is clearly something aimed at progressives generally .

Bernie has proven himself to be quite pragmatic in wielding his enthusiastic base of support within the bounds of the Democratic party.
 
Last edited:
I didn't. Appears to be a comedian. Was I really supposed to know that?

The way I see it, yes.

Not in the sense of "it's information stored as a retrievable pattern in my brain chemistry". But certainly in the sense of "it's information I can retrieve from external storage in roughly the same amount of time it takes me to send a message to external storage saying I don't have that information."

It's a good news, bad news type situation. The bad news is, thanks to the Internet, there is now such a thing as a stupid question. The good news is, thanks to the Internet, you never actually have to ask a stupid question.

Think of yourself as a cyborg, connected to a vast external thought and memory system that you've integrated into your basic tool set. Who is Jimmy Dore? Maybe you don't have that information at the top of your mind, but you certainly have it at the tips of your fingers. Don't sell yourself short. Don't blind yourself to the powerful tools at your disposal. Of course you know who Jimmy Dore is. You know that, and a million other things besides, that you've never thought about and wouldn't remember, but which you could pull up in an instant if prompted.
 
The way I see it, yes.

Not in the sense of "it's information stored as a retrievable pattern in my brain chemistry". But certainly in the sense of "it's information I can retrieve from external storage in roughly the same amount of time it takes me to send a message to external storage saying I don't have that information."

Got it. I took the IDK response more as "that hasn't influenced my thinking because I'm unaware of that person's work int he first place" but it wasn't all that clear.

Yeah, I rarely type a question that I can google into anything other than google. If I ask a question here it is to get the hive mind's opinion and some good natured ribbing for having to ask in the first place. Oh, and to find out if Travis has access to high speed rail yet. Sure, you could google it but that wouldn't be any fun at all.
 
I think some posters on here are rather disappointed that Biden didn't start drooling, looking around glassy-eyed, and asking where his mommy was. Their claims of Biden's dementia are going to be even less credible after the debate tonight. Not that they were credible before.

I wonder if it had been Biden, instead of Sanders, who'd mistakenly said "ebola" in place of "covid" a couple times, would they be claiming it's evidence of his confusion?

Hey Stacy, I'd like to go back to the conversation we had three months ago.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=12917575#post12917575



As I predicted, Democrat voters rejected all the black candidates, brown candidates, yellow candidates, gay candidates, female candidates, poor candidates and young candidates and nominated a crusty old rich straight white man.

Democrats don't give a damn about diversity, it's a ruse they try to use to bludgeon their political opposition.
 
Ouch. That is going to rile up some of her biggest fans.

It's pretty jarring watching all the usual pundits who were calling her a Russian asset or crytpo-Republican only a month ago give her such glowing reviews now that she's on the Biden train.
 
It's pretty jarring watching all the usual pundits who were calling her a Russian asset or crytpo-Republican only a month ago give her such glowing reviews now that she's on the Biden train.

To be fair she's been giving mixed messages.

But I see that happening now as well from her critics.
 
As I predicted, Democrat voters rejected all the black candidates, brown candidates, yellow candidates, gay candidates, female candidates, poor candidates and young candidates and nominated a crusty old rich straight white man.

Democrats don't give a damn about diversity, it's a ruse they try to use to bludgeon their political opposition.

Only if you think the strawman that caring about diversity means you MUST vote for a minority candidate holds true. Since it's complete nonsense, your prediction is worth nothing. Less than nothing, since it's misinformation.
 
Only if you think the strawman that caring about diversity means you MUST vote for a minority candidate holds true. Since it's complete nonsense, your prediction is worth nothing. Less than nothing, since it's misinformation.

It's rather tempting to call it self-serving disinformation, honestly, given how brazenly and obviously false it is, rather than simply misinformation.
 
The way I see it, yes.

Not in the sense of "it's information stored as a retrievable pattern in my brain chemistry". But certainly in the sense of "it's information I can retrieve from external storage in roughly the same amount of time it takes me to send a message to external storage saying I don't have that information."

It's a good news, bad news type situation. The bad news is, thanks to the Internet, there is now such a thing as a stupid question. The good news is, thanks to the Internet, you never actually have to ask a stupid question.

Think of yourself as a cyborg, connected to a vast external thought and memory system that you've integrated into your basic tool set. Who is Jimmy Dore? Maybe you don't have that information at the top of your mind, but you certainly have it at the tips of your fingers. Don't sell yourself short. Don't blind yourself to the powerful tools at your disposal. Of course you know who Jimmy Dore is. You know that, and a million other things besides, that you've never thought about and wouldn't remember, but which you could pull up in an instant if prompted.
Now that you've completely redefined "know" we can confidently assume you "know" how to speak at least several dozen languages, right?
 
From what I've seen over the last two days, Andrew Cuomo is the candidate I wish I could have voted for. His has been the most decisive leadership I've seen since this whole thing started.
 
The way I see it, yes.

Not in the sense of "it's information stored as a retrievable pattern in my brain chemistry". But certainly in the sense of "it's information I can retrieve from external storage in roughly the same amount of time it takes me to send a message to external storage saying I don't have that information."

It's a good news, bad news type situation. The bad news is, thanks to the Internet, there is now such a thing as a stupid question. The good news is, thanks to the Internet, you never actually have to ask a stupid question.

Think of yourself as a cyborg, connected to a vast external thought and memory system that you've integrated into your basic tool set. Who is Jimmy Dore? Maybe you don't have that information at the top of your mind, but you certainly have it at the tips of your fingers. Don't sell yourself short. Don't blind yourself to the powerful tools at your disposal. Of course you know who Jimmy Dore is. You know that, and a million other things besides, that you've never thought about and wouldn't remember, but which you could pull up in an instant if prompted.

The irony is that no one asked, Who is Jimmy Dore. I made a statement that I don't know who he is in response to the suggestion that my previous post is a result of watching too much Jimmy Dore. I could certainly look up who he is, but there is no reason to do so because it's irrelevant to the conversation.

As you pointed out, everything is on the internet these days, including lessons on reading comprehension.
 
Last edited:
If people in here squabble any more they'll resemble Democratic candidates two months ago. Let's not stoop to that level, 'kay?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom