Beelzebuddy
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Jun 10, 2010
- Messages
- 10,926
It means doing things the right way, giving them a chance to cooperate with you, and if they don't you get them done regardless.What does that mean? They have the Senate.
Put legislation forward, and if McConnell (assuming he's still around) doesn't let it hit the Senate floor, put it into place as an executive action. All of it. McConnell don't want a vote, McConnell don't get a vote.
Each year, draft a set of appointee candidates for the Senate's consideration. If they don't get hearings withing a reasonable time limit, they don't get a budget. No promises to be reneged on, no unspoken but mutually-understood mores to be broken in technically-legal betrayals.
I don't think Biden's got the spine for that.
Whereas I'm a cynical bastard so I'm wondering why Trump hasn't invaded someone by now. Presidents don't lose elections in wartime.Maybe I’m just being paranoid, but it’s a sick feeling that’s starting to creep into my otherwise optimistic world view.
Last edited: