• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Trump suggested that brain injuries are not that serious (regarding soldiers injured in the recent Iranian attack). Apparently a veterans group is now demanding an apology:

From: https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/politics/trump-vfw-traumatic-brain-injuries/index.html
The Veterans of Foreign Wars is demanding that President Donald Trump apologize for downplaying traumatic brain injuries sustained by US service members in Iraq after Iranian missile strikes on American troops earlier this month...."The VFW expects an apology from the President to our service men and women for his misguided remarks," William "Doc" Schmitz, VFW National Commander, said...

Keep in mind that Veterans are a demographic that seems to be one of Trump's strongest support blocks (even after Trump's attacks on gold star families and POWs.)


I'm going to predict that a) he won't apologize,cand b) they will support him anyway.
 
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
....secondly, he is fulfilling every promise he made, and that is making his opponents apoplectic. They’re trying to get him out of office, and they’re not going to succeed.” Pastor Robert Jeffress, author of “Choosing the Extraordinary Life”
Thank you Pastor! @LouDobbs @FoxBus

I wonder if we could see some check stubs from Mexico for the payments for the wall.

I'm ecstatic with the Obamacare replacement! It's better coverage and far cheaper!

And the Federal Deficit hasn't exploded; it's been eliminated just as Trump promised!

Thank goodness sanctuary cities have been federally defunded!

I feel much safer after the creation of his radical Islam commission. Don't you?

And thank goodness citizenship by birthright has been outlawed.

I love that term limits have been enacted for all Congresspeople.

And no more foreign lobbyists can raise money for American elections. Woohoo!

His renegotiation of the Iran Deal was superb!

I love being able to deduct my healthcare insurance premiums form my taxes. Go Trump!

I'll stop now. Thinking about all these kept campaign promises is making me giddy! I need to go lie down.
 
I suspect he will actually apologize* in this instance.
It can easily be spun to good optics with a strategic backtrack.

*for some values of "apologize"

He might go to his favorite: “Someone told me that. I wasn’t given the correct information.” Of course, the press never follows up with, “is someone going to be fired for giving you such embarrassingly wrong information?”
 
Remember when Trump suggested that brain injuries are not that serious (regarding soldiers injured in the recent Iranian attack). Apparently a veterans group is now demanding an apology:

From: https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/politics/trump-vfw-traumatic-brain-injuries/index.html
The Veterans of Foreign Wars is demanding that President Donald Trump apologize for downplaying traumatic brain injuries sustained by US service members in Iraq after Iranian missile strikes on American troops earlier this month...."The VFW expects an apology from the President to our service men and women for his misguided remarks," William "Doc" Schmitz, VFW National Commander, said...

Keep in mind that Veterans are a demographic that seems to be one of Trump's strongest support blocks (even after Trump's attacks on gold star families and POWs.)

Which I think are nothing compared to lying to a roomful of service personnel in a combat zone. “You haven’t had a raise in ten years, but I got you a ten-percent raise.”
 
I'm ecstatic with the Obamacare replacement! It's better coverage and far cheaper!

And the Federal Deficit hasn't exploded; it's been eliminated just as Trump promised!

Thank goodness sanctuary cities have been federally defunded!

I feel much safer after the creation of his radical Islam commission. Don't you?

And thank goodness citizenship by birthright has been outlawed.

I love that term limits have been enacted for all Congresspeople.

And no more foreign lobbyists can raise money for American elections. Woohoo!

His renegotiation of the Iran Deal was superb!

I love being able to deduct my healthcare insurance premiums form my taxes. Go Trump!

I'll stop now. Thinking about all these kept campaign promises is making me giddy! I need to go lie down.

Pfft. Being concerned with facts is so 20th Century.
 
It didn't bother him to attack a Gold Star family. He's going to ignore this or double down then make some speech about how he's the Vets' best friend.



I hope he does. Every time he pulls this ****, it's one more chance for his supporters to see who and what he really is, and even a few percent drop in votes will have him out of office.

There have to be at least a few people in the VFW who will finally see this for what it is.
 
I hope he does. Every time he pulls this ****, it's one more chance for his supporters to see who and what he really is, and even a few percent drop in votes will have him out of office.

There have to be at least a few people in the VFW who will finally see this for what it is.

They. Do. Not. Care.
 
Oh, they don't care that he's a scumbag. That's a bug, not a feature. They might care if they start to realise just how stupid and incompetent he is and how little he's really getting done.
Surely.
 
Most don’t care.
And among those who might, most wont see that story.
And among those who do, many won’t be able to admit to themselves they were conned.

Dont forget, if you’ve got folks who believe Hillary Clinton ran a pedophile ring out of a pizza parlor, then facts are going to get in the way of their Trump-centered belief.


ETA
Then again, I could be talking out of my ass.

MORE ETA
..again.
 
Last edited:
.... and too childish to let an error fade away without unashamedly drawing a line on a weather map.

In the long term, that redrawing of the hurricane map could well become the ultimate marker of Trump's presidency. It was stupid, it served nothing except his ego, and was a transparent lie. It was, in short, the perfect summary of Trump, himself.
 
Trump Retweets

Geraldo Rivera
@GeraldoRivera
Imagine being a new president & having elements of your #DOJ & #FBI trying for 2 years to entrap you in perjury after failing to prove you a traitor? Dems pontificating now about alleged misdeeds by @realDonaldTrump re Ukraine are same people who slandered him during Russia hoax
 
Trump Tweets

“You don’t come to court and ask for witnesses after you’ve already presented your case, unless you know your case is not working. I think their real motivation is for them to keep this President busy. We’re doing a great job on the economy, we’re building our military, look.....

....at the judges that we have right now"

Previous quote from the great Republican Senator, Jim Inhofe, of Oklahoma - Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee
 
Trump Tweets

وزیر امور خارجه ایران می گوید ایران خواستار مذاکره با ایالات متحده است اما می خواهد که تحریم ها برداشته شود.
@FoxNews @OANN نه، مرسی!

Iranian Foreign Minister says Iran wants to negotiate with The United States, but wants sanctions removed. @FoxNews @OANN No Thanks!
 
Trump Tweets

“You don’t come to court and ask for witnesses after you’ve already presented your case, unless you know your case is not working. I think their real motivation is for them to keep this President busy. We’re doing a great job on the economy, we’re building our military, look.....

....at the judges that we have right now"

Previous quote from the great Republican Senator, Jim Inhofe, of Oklahoma - Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee

Do you ask for witnesses and documents that have been denied to you by a rogue president? I think so.
 
Trump Retweets

Geraldo Rivera
@GeraldoRivera
Imagine being a new president & having elements of your #DOJ & #FBI trying for 2 years to entrap you in perjury after failing to prove you a traitor? Dems pontificating now about alleged misdeeds by @realDonaldTrump re Ukraine are same people who slandered him during Russia hoax
The Russia hoax that involved Russia but left Trump still in power?


According to the report, shortly after a WikiLeaks release,[which?] Rick Gates, then Deputy Campaign Chairman, was going to LaGuardia Airport with Trump when Trump took a phone call. After the call, "candidate Trump told Gates that more releases of damaging information would be coming".[113][31] The report also notes that Trump consistently said that he had no business connections to Russia, despite his company trying to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. "After the election, the President expressed concerns to advisors that reports of Russia's election interference might lead the public to question the legitimacy of his election".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_Report#Trump_campaign's_response_to_Russian_support
 
Do you ask for witnesses and documents that have been denied to you by a rogue president? I think so.

I look at it this way, these are mostly Mitch McConnell's words from a Speach he gave at Sourhwire Aluminum years ago, I just changed Democrates to Republicans, and Clinton to Trump.

At Abraham Lincoln's Trial before Squire Pate at the Pate House in Lewisport Kentucky in 1827, Kentucky vs. Abraham Lincoln , Abraham Lincoln Made the Declaration that the Law is Like Pregnancy, you either are pregnant or you are not Pregnant.
Under the Law you are or you are not Guilty, I am not Guilty because I did no wrong as I and the Dill Brothers have Testified I took no one across the Ohio River, but only to a Steam boat in the Middle.
Half way, in the law there is no half way, you either are or are not Guilty.
It is the Testimony of those who witnessed this event that Exonerates me!
Like Lincoln, Donald John Trump either is or is not Guilty, that's why a fair Trial with witnesses and Documents is so important, especially if Republicans seek to Exonerate him in this, without such you will only show the Senate under Republican Authority is more Courpt than the Kangaroo Soviet show Trials of Stalin.
Does the GOP want that to be their Legacy?
 
Trump Tweets

“You don’t come to court and ask for witnesses after you’ve already presented your case, unless you know your case is not working. I think their real motivation is for them to keep this President busy. We’re doing a great job on the economy, we’re building our military, look.....

....at the judges that we have right now"

Previous quote from the great Republican Senator, Jim Inhofe, of Oklahoma - Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee

What? They did ask for those before presenting their case.
 
I look at it this way, these are mostly Mitch McConnell's words from a Speach he gave at Sourhwire Aluminum years ago, I just changed Democrates to Republicans, and Clinton to Trump.

At Abraham Lincoln's Trial before Squire Pate at the Pate House in Lewisport Kentucky in 1827, Kentucky vs. Abraham Lincoln , Abraham Lincoln Made the Declaration that the Law is Like Pregnancy, you either are pregnant or you are not Pregnant.
Under the Law you are or you are not Guilty, I am not Guilty because I did no wrong as I and the Dill Brothers have Testified I took no one across the Ohio River, but only to a Steam boat in the Middle.
Half way, in the law there is no half way, you either are or are not Guilty.
It is the Testimony of those who witnessed this event that Exonerates me!
Like Lincoln, Donald John Trump either is or is not Guilty, that's why a fair Trial with witnesses and Documents is so important, especially if Republicans seek to Exonerate him in this, without such you will only show the Senate under Republican Authority is more Courpt than the Kangaroo Soviet show Trials of Stalin.
Does the GOP want that to be their Legacy?

The GOP does not care. They are only interested in the present.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom