• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency: Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bizarre mind he has. It is not enough to assert that it won’t work; he has to complain about its appearance. His border wall is beautiful, but a seawall that is supported by Democrats looks terrible. It is impossible for this man to be more shallow.

It is not.
 
Does he have an explanation for why, when the Dems had a Supermajority his guns weren't taken? Why now would they suddenly have the power they lacked then?

I know, it's a rhetorical question, but I have relatives they believe this too and they never really address that one.

Yes.
If you look at a chart of annual gun sales you see that every year the gun-seizers wait, the more difficult their task becomes.
 
He just tweeted (again) the assertion that he's got "95% approval with Republicans. A new record!" (again)

I think maybe his toadies are just showing him the same (bogus) poll from months ago every few days to calm him down, and he forgot he'd ever seen it before. Then he Tweets because it's REAL NEWS.
 
Hmm. Poking time!

Military leaders requested new force to fight cyberwar, but got Space Force instead

Sounds about right.

...For a daily bit of :eek::eek::eek:...

Assume Putin decides to 'retake' Alaska, the way he 'retook' Crimea. Assume further that a president allows him to do it, because he believed that Russia has a legitimate claim to 'its' original territory... That would be terrible, but would it be impeachable? Not under the Constitution.

Alan Dershowitz, one of the stars of Trump's Impeachment Defense, from his recent book.
 
Hmm. Poking time!

Military leaders requested new force to fight cyberwar, but got Space Force instead

Sounds about right.

...For a daily bit of :eek::eek::eek:...



Alan Dershowitz, one of the stars of Trump's Impeachment Defense, from his recent book.
That has to be a Poe. :rolleyes:

I assume it isn't but ... :eek:


What if Congress voted to go to war with Russia and Trump didn't. Would that be an impeachable offense?

I hope Schiff has a chance, maybe in a press conference, to read from Derchie's book.
 
What a bizarre mind he has. It is not enough to assert that it won’t work; he has to complain about its appearance. His border wall is beautiful, but a seawall that is supported by Democrats looks terrible. It is impossible for this man to be more shallow.

Not just complain about the appearance but even mock those that stand to suffer damages from such storms ("Sorry, you’ll just have to get your mops & buckets ready!").

He's so shallow he's actually inverted.
 
Trump is claiming the impeachment has been arranged to take Sanders away from the campaign at a critical time. No mention of Warren or Klobuchar, who are also Senators.
Oh, wait, I forgot: They are just women and not worthy of mention.

More like, Trump wants to 1) face Bernie more than he wants to face any of the rest of the Senators, 2) stir up trouble and give Bernie supporters more Democratic targets if Bernie loses, and 3) try to make another argument for why he should not be being impeached.
 
If he faces Sanders, he can scream about him being a filthy Socialist who hates America. Just like he will with any other candidate nominated by the Dems.
Seriously, the Dems could resurrect and nominate Ronald Reagan and he'd be called a Socialist.
 
In Europe and North America, only a white person could say that. ["I don't recognise 'race'. It's a nonsense concept."] Everyone else doesn't have the luxury of not noticing race.

I thought this was an interesting point but I'm responding here because, to respond within the thread it came from would be blatantly off-topic. It seems to me, in much of the United States that is no longer true. In fact, the loss of that 'privilege' is probably one of the things that drive Trump supporters. Trump would get that. The need to have some awareness of a person's race when engaged in a social or business interaction. Obviously, some whites resent that and make it known they resent it.
 
If he faces Sanders, he can scream about him being a filthy Socialist who hates America. Just like he will with any other candidate nominated by the Dems.
Seriously, the Dems could resurrect and nominate Ronald Reagan and he'd be called a Socialist.

True, but President Trump would level that charge against:

a resurrected George Washington or a resurrected Adam Smith,

a resurrected Thomas Jefferson, a resurrected George Jefferson, or even against a resurrected Jefferson Davis.

FFS, he’d make it against a resurrected Frederick Trump. President Donald is a bit of a Johnny-one-note.


ETA
I just realized that we have elected a man who would take time out of his presidential schedule to respond to tweets from a six-bit psychic claiming to be in touch with his late father who is disappointed with his son’s presidency.

In fact I think I might take offer even odds that President Trump is dumb enough to respond to a psychic claiming that his late father said, “I am disappointed in Donald because if I were in that position, I would not be giving my salary away, I’d be using the office to make money hand over fist.”
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

I have never seen the Republican Party as Strong and as Unified as it is right now. Thank you!

I will be going to Austin, Texas. Leaving soon. Always like (love!) being in the Lone Star State. Speaking to our great Farmers. They hit “paydirt” with our incredible new Trade Deals: CHINA, JAPAN, MEXICO, CANADA, SOUTH KOREA, and many others!
 
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You're right; I have morals and principles.

I have an idiot BIL who believes that crap about the Dems taking away his guns. He's a one issue voter and it's guns.

Does he have an explanation for why, when the Dems had a Supermajority his guns weren't taken? Why now would they suddenly have the power they lacked then?

I know, it's a rhetorical question, but I have relatives they believe this too and they never really address that one.

He's one of the 'slippery slope' believers. He thinks it begins with outlawing assault type rifles and will end up with no one (but criminals) being able to own a gun.

When I remind him that can't happen because of the 2nd Amendment, he argues that it can because the Dems 'will find a way'.

In order to keep peace in the family, we agreed not to talk politics anymore. It helps.
 
>snip<
ETA
I just realized that we have elected a man who would take time out of his presidential schedule to respond to tweets from a six-bit psychic claiming to be in touch with his late father who is disappointed with his son’s presidency.

Could you please provide the link to this? I'd love to read it.
 
And a better military commander than George Washington.

A modern day renaissance man, I tell you.

People are saying he invented the Renaissance. Lots of people are saying, "Sir, you invented the Renaissance." I've read it, too. I don't think most people know that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom