• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is going to be shooting at whom? We are not geographically divided.

ETA
If the ant-intellectuals get violent, they will shoot people who say “whom.”

In that case, I'm getting a kevlar vest. The only question is from whom I'll purchase it.
 
Trump Tweets

The story today that we are sending 12,000 troops to Saudi Arabia is false or, to put it more accurately, Fake News!

I can find no claim of any 12,000 troops being sent to SA. The only thing that comes up is the Daily Mail saying no such claim was made.
Trump denied planning to send 12,000—a number no one had alleged
Donald Trump denied Thursday night that he plans to deploy 12,000 uniformed servicemen and women to Saudi Arabia, refuting a specific set of facts that no one in major news media had laid out.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-12-000-troops-Saudi-Arabia-fake-news.html
 
Trump Tweets

The story today that we are sending 12,000 troops to Saudi Arabia is false or, to put it more accurately, Fake News!

I can find no claim of any 12,000 troops being sent to SA. The only thing that comes up is the Daily Mail saying no such claim was made.
Does it still count as 'fake news' if Trump himself is the one that was promoting it?
 
I'm not strong on presidential history but would you go with "there has never been a POTUS this overtly racist?

Recently, yes.
But a number of the pre Civil War presidents were open supporters of slavery, so long term no.
 
Would owning black slaves be “overtly” racist?

I never ceased to be amazed how many well educated people in this forum seem to be so woefully ignorant of history.
That goes double if they are politically involved. Seems to me if you are interested in politics, you should be interested and halfway knowlegab le about history,but that does not seem to be the case.
 
I can't help but feel when you ask "Is X the most Y ever?" and the response is "What do you mean by Y?" the question has been answered in most cases.
 
I'm not strong on presidential history but would you go with "there has never been a POTUS this overtly racist?

I never ceased to be amazed how many well educated people in this forum seem to be so woefully ignorant of history.
That goes double if they are politically involved. Seems to me if you are interested in politics, you should be interested and halfway knowlegab le about history,but that does not seem to be the case.

I'd say yes. Especially considering that at least a dozen Presidents owned slaves. The first African American to be invited to dine with the President didn't happen until 1901. That was Booker T Washington. Lincoln despite the emancipation thought Blacks to be inferior.

A few Presidents were virulently racist most particularly Andrew Jackson. Trump has got nothing on Jackson when it comes to open racism. In fact, as much as I dislike Trump and do think he has racist streak, he is typical of most Presidents before 1961.
 
Technically true (the best kind), since the Pentagon is saying that the most realistic option they're planning is 4,000 to 7,000 troops.

How does increasing the troops in the Middle East translate to sending troops to Saudi Arabia?

But with that in mind, I wonder if this isn't Trump letting the squirrels out so we don't see the fact we are not getting out of the Middle East like Trump keeps claiming.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom