When I'm participating in a thread, I often do a bit of basic research on the topic, trying to find links and articles and such. Most of the time in this case that's limited to putting the search term "transgender" into google news. However, on a couple of occasions I have decided to turn off safe search, make sure I wasn't on any computer that I was ever going to take to the Robotics team, and use a few more precautions before searching, and then I did a more general search.
I want to assure anyone, just in case anyone thought that perverts were limited to the cisgender world, that there are plenty of transgender perverts in the world.
Two things: First, it's interesting that certain fetishistic displays on the internet are far more common in men than in women, and yet, when it comes to transgenders, those displays are more common in transwomen than in trans men.
Let me throw a question out to the class to see if anyone has any theories on why that might be. Anyone? No, no, not you Rolfe, we want to see some new hands on this one. I already know that you know the answer.
Second, we've been saying "pervert" a lot, as if it were a bad thing. I'm not so sure we ought to be so judgemental.
The problem with peepers is not that they are perverted. The problem is that they do things, specifically watching, without others' consent.