• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

MORE Act. Legal Weed?

I'm sorry.

Don't be.

You seem to be thinking I was trying to correct his argument or his logic.

Well, yeah. You said this:

I didn't know calling out arguments that I found factually inaccurate was considered getting defensive, but I learn new things around here every single day.

So you'll understand that this is what you meant you were doing.

As I said, I was just calling it out as ********.

Incorrect. That's not what you said. See above.
 
I'm unsubscribing from tis thread because of the (I hate "drugs") idiots posting ... where alcohol and caffeine is fine with them! :(
 
^^^ I've been on the pro-pot side of this thread the entire time, but when did anyone say that? ACB has been adamant that he doesn't like anything, including caffeine. And pretty much everyone in here has mentioned that alcohol is worse than pot.
 
I'm unsubscribing from tis thread because of the (I hate "drugs") idiots posting ... where alcohol and caffeine is fine with them! :(

^^^ I've been on the pro-pot side of this thread the entire time, but when did anyone say that? ACB has been adamant that he doesn't like anything, including caffeine. And pretty much everyone in here has mentioned that alcohol is worse than pot.

I have to agree with Duval here. As much as I disagree with the points being made in this thread, everyone has been consistent in their views.
 
LoL ok. Whatever.

And again, typical final response by you. You can't even accept your own words, and you run away when they're pointed out to you.

Why not just say you misspoke or that you didn't intend that sentence to refer to that specific post of yours? Anything that shows that you have any sort of intention of discussing something honestly for once.
 
And again, typical final response by you. You can't even accept your own words, and you run away when they're pointed out to you.

Why not just say you misspoke or that you didn't intend that sentence to refer to that specific post of yours? Anything that shows that you have any sort of intention of discussing something honestly for once.

Because I obviously don't think I did. I never said I was making counter points. I said I was calling out his post for being ******** which is exactly what I see in your quoted post and response. It wasn't being defensive, it was just saying "that post is ********". I didn't feel the need or desire to say more.

Feel free, at any point in time, to not engage me if you feel that's what I do. That would be my reaction, but it just wasn't a battle I wanted to fight. I don't care that much about being right that I need someone else to admit to me they're wrong. Can we be done with this now or do you need me to apologize to you like last time? If so, I'm ******* sorry. Moving on.
 
Because I obviously don't think I did. I never said I was making counter points. I said I was calling out his post for being ******** which is exactly what I see in your quoted post and response. It wasn't being defensive, it was just saying "that post is ********". I didn't feel the need or desire to say more.

Well, sorry for insisting on this, but you said that you were calling out arguments that are factually inaccurate. Would you not think that this implies you'd, you know, someone address their factual inaccuracy? Otherwise it's just screaming out in frustration, which doesn't seem to be calling out anything.

Feel free, at any point in time, to not engage me if you feel that's what I do.

For some reason I always have an undying hope that we're going to have a fruitful conversation at some point. I guess I must have the impression that you're a smart fellow, deep down.
 
I must have phrased something strangely in my previous post. I don't have to "rationize" anything to anyone. I'm perfectly comfortable in my life, my decisions, and where I'm at. "Rationizing" means that I feel what I'm doing is wrong. Kind of tough for me to agree with considering medical reviews are showing the positives of weed outweigh the negatives. It's called "progress"
And yet, here you are on a soapbox extolling the use of marijuana.

Yes, I get it. More random ass stories from you about your personal experiences that have exactly nothing to do with anything, but ok. Now I get one. I have a friend that was in Vietnam. He couldn't get help from anywhere, and he finally found someone that could get him some weed. He took it to his lake cabin and then informed that person that after smoking it was the first time in 10 years he hadn't gone "back to a foxhole".

So great, your friend sucks at chess when he's stoned. And? You seem to keep telling me these stories and I seem to continue to not care about your anecdotal tales.
Sorry for having lived. Seems to me, personal experiences being around drugs is valuable to the conversation.

I didn't dismiss your anecdote. That seems to be a legitimate medication for dealing with PTSD. At what point have I ever suggested that I oppose its use for that? In fact, I've expressed that I think its medical uses need further exploration.
 
Well, sorry for insisting on this, but you said that you were calling out arguments that are factually inaccurate. Would you not think that this implies you'd, you know, someone address their factual inaccuracy? Otherwise it's just screaming out in frustration, which doesn't seem to be calling out anything.

I think there's an old saying, "pot doesn't make people lazy, but plenty of lazy people sure do enjoy pot."

That must explain why I think so many people are morons. You think?

LoL Jesus ******* Christ, what a ******** thing to say.

I just called it out as ********. Nothing more, nothing less.

For some reason I always have an undying hope that we're going to have a fruitful conversation at some point. I guess I must have the impression that you're a smart fellow, deep down.

We're all wrong from time to time. The important thing is we learn from it.
 
I just called it out as ********. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok, then. Could you explain why it's BS? So that at least we have some basis for discussion?

We're all wrong from time to time. The important thing is we learn from it.

That sounds like you're telling me that having a reasoned discussion with you is impossible. I'm sure you didn't mean to say that. :)
 
And yet, here you are on a soapbox extolling the use of marijuana.

My last statement about the treatment of PTSD was the only positive thing I've really said in this thread, of the many things I've said. If I'm wrong, I promise you I'll get called out. The majority of my posting here has been to run contrary to your claim that it's a waste of one's faculties. Which even you've said is an opinion. One we obviously disagree on.

Sorry for having lived. Seems to me, personal experiences being around drugs is valuable to the conversation.

No need to apologize, but I don't see how any of your anecdotes have supported your statement that it's a waste. I've seen you call your family members, and others that use pot, stupid. I've seen you refer to them derogatorily, and I've seen you post some of the negative effects of marijuana. Anecdotes just don't appear to be relevant to me.

I didn't dismiss your anecdote. That seems to be a legitimate medication for dealing with PTSD. At what point have I ever suggested that I oppose its use for that? In fact, I've expressed that I think its medical uses need further exploration.

Which is great, we've found common ground. Yay for us! That being said, I posted it as an example of pot "wasting one's faculties" as being a goal, not a negative. For some, I dare say many, their mental status when stoned enables them to not only be productive, but feel better.
 
Ok, then. Could you explain why it's BS? So that at least we have some basis for discussion?

In the previous exchange, which was lengthy, we had a back and forth about how he (acbytesla) probably comes in contact with a myriad of people that are stoned and he has no idea they are. The implication that he thinks "so many people are morons" is because of weed is not one based in fact >> to me <<.

That sounds like you're telling me that having a reasoned discussion with you is impossible. I'm sure you didn't mean to say that. :)

That's pretty much where I was headed with it, but it was mostly a joke. I like to think in the 8ish years I've been around here people generally have gotten use to the fact that I'm an *******. It's just...part of my nature. That's why I advise people not to take me too seriously.
 
Last edited:
No need to apologize, but I don't see how any of your anecdotes have supported your statement that it's a waste. I've seen you call your family members, and others that use pot, stupid. I've seen you refer to them derogatorily, and I've seen you post some of the negative effects of marijuana. Anecdotes just don't appear to be relevant to me.

They may not be relevant to you. It's difficult to discuss this without mentioning my impressions of people I know.

Let's just put it this way. I oppose the recreational use of all drugs.
It's not a stance on their legality. It's not a moral stance. It's a health stance. Its a communal productivity stance.
It's also a I don't want to have a conversation with someone who is "obviously" stoned or drunk stance.
It's an I don't want to bail you out of jail for DUI stance.
It's a I don't want to discuss how cool the universe is with someone who probably can't find their car stance.

This doesn't make a user a bad person. I don't hate them. I worry for them. I hope it doesn't ruin their lives. But I don't believe that it's a wise idea to experiment with drugs.
 
Last edited:
They may not be relevant to you. It's difficult to discuss this without mentioning my impressions of people I know.

Ok, well lets take a look at your list.

Let's just put it this way. I oppose the recreational use of all drugs.

Ok. Weird, but it's your thang you can shake it how you wanna...

It's not a stance on their legality. It's not a moral stance. It's a health stance. Its a communal productivity stance.

Here we have a problem. I find most of this to be nonsensical; however, we disagree on this. No biggie. Moving on.

It's also a I don't want to have a conversation with someone who is "obviously" stoned or drunk stance.

It seems like you base all of this on the stereotypical stoner. You've having a conversation with someone who is high RIGHT NOW. It's happening in real time.

It's an I don't want to bail you out of jail for DUI stance.

So don't.

It's a I don't want to discuss how cool the universe is with someone who probably can't find their car stance.

Never, in the years I've smoked weed, have I had someone do this to me despite seeing the stereotype all over. Decades of smoking and I've never run into something like this. Which is part of my issue. It seems like all of your complaints are focused on the stereotypical stoner than the actual reality of real people who smoke. It's why I brought up the fact that most of the complaints I see are from people who just don't have the experiences with people in our current age that smoke.

This doesn't make a user a bad person. I don't hate them. I worry for them. I hope it doesn't ruin their lives. But I don't believe that it's a wise idea to experiment with drugs.

Well, if it helps you certainly don't have to worry for me, Argentina. Despite my years of star searching in my mental bliss I have still managed to carve myself out a pretty damn good life. I think, if you dug deeper, you'd see that marijuana can be a net positive.
 
Last edited:
It seems like you base all of this on the stereotypical stoner. You've having a conversation with someone who is high RIGHT NOW. It's happening in real time.
There is a reason there are stereotypes.

Never, in the years I've smoked weed, have I had someone do this to me despite seeing the stereotype all over. Decades of smoking and I've never run into something like this. Which is part of my issue. It seems like all of your complaints are focused on the stereotypical stoner than the actual reality of real people who smoke. It's why I brought up the fact that most of the complaints I see are from people who just don't have the experiences with people in our current age that smoke.
I'm convinced you're being dishonest or your perception is distorted as I have had too many of them to count.

Well, if it helps you certainly don't have to worry for me, Argentina. Despite my years of star searching in my mental bliss I have still managed to carve myself out a pretty damn good life. I think, if you dug deeper, you'd see that marijuana can be a net positive.

Great. And I'll pass.
 
Last edited:
This is a "my friends are jackasses and I should sever ties" stance, not a "drugs make you DUI" stance. Stop basing your personal stances on ignorant stereotypes.

None of that is based on ignorance as I have encountered all those stereotypes. Also, just because I don't want to do something doesn't mean I won't. My friends are my friends despite the occasional times when they're a pain in the ass. Hopefully, they feel that way about me.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom