• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think he is.

I have been saying for about 1 1/2 years on here the corrupt, idiot orange one will probably win again.

Because the left media are incredibly dim in their tactics.

Seems to me the reason all these Democrats are flocking to run is because they believe Trump won't win.
 
There is a kind of irony in the fact the only one that has a chance is the same type of person the left are into slagging off.
 
That's thin. A local poll in one state, and a stereotype of older black voters.

Yes, religious older black voters were against gay marriage and many probably still are.

Like you also quoted but didn't bolden:

This is how propaganda works. You start with a thread of truth and weave it into the thread of whole cloth. Look deeper.
WA Po, Jonathan Capehart, Nov 6th

Then there is the biggest variable of all: If you were a black and had to choose between the white supremacist that is Trump and gay Buttigieg, which would you vote for? What percentage of Trump voters are black?

We're still in the primary, and I think the idea if it's applied to the general might be that voter enthusiasm/turnout would be lower with Pete vs someone else.

ETA: also, check the url of the kink you hyperlined to. It's goofy.
 
I think the billionaire class is just having a hissy fit over the chance that someone might try really hard to tax them a bit more. lol
 
We're still in the primary, and I think the idea if it's applied to the general might be that voter enthusiasm/turnout would be lower with Pete vs someone else.

ETA: also, check the url of the kink you hyperlined to. It's goofy.

Sorry for quoting myself, but...
I had typed "url of the link you hyperlinked" to.

Weird.
 
Ugh. Just what we wanted, another elderly white male billionaire to step forward and declare that the current 20 candidates just aren't enough. He'll show those women and ethnics and gays how it's done! Same old, same old, slow steam ahead!

Not sure what you're driving for here. Is his gender or age or skin colour or sexual orientation the issue? If not, what's that bit about telling minority groups how it's done? I don't get it.
 
Not sure what you're driving for here. Is his gender or age or skin colour or sexual orientation the issue? If not, what's that bit about telling minority groups how it's done? I don't get it.

I'm saying Bloomberg is superfluous, and his belated decision to run is insulting to the voters as well as the other candidates.
 
What the hell is wrong with people who "vote" by staying home like that. They need to get it through their thick skulls: Your choice is four more years of Trump and his wholesale destruction of democracy, or someone who will spend the next four years repairing the damage Trump's already done!
No, it isn't, at least not yet. The Democrat primary process is still working out whether we'll get that or somebody who might not contribute (as much as a Republican) to making things worse but won't fix/undo anything either... and whether the latter will pretend they're trying or openly talk about how proud they are of being so "bipartisan".
 
I'm all for Bloomberg joining the race: it must really piss off Trump to know that he might be up against someone who can buy and sell him 20 times over.
 
. . . the left media are incredibly dim in their tactics.
Is this because we don't have a left media in the US? We have a robust, in your face, 24-7 right wing media presence, and then a bunch of "mainstream" media. Our mainstream media is well left of the right-wing media but it's pretty well centered. Even ostensibly marketed for liberals MSNBC actually sources its claims, i.e., it's not just Fox News for liberals.
 
I'm all for Bloomberg joining the race: it must really piss off Trump to know that he might be up against someone who can buy and sell him 20 times over.

Or he's tickled pink at the thought that for all his money, Bloomberg can't actually buy or sell The Donald, and can't even wrest the Presidency from him.

I often wonder how closely Trump's inner life matches the life his detractors have dreamed up for him.
 
Or he's tickled pink at the thought that for all his money, Bloomberg can't actually buy or sell The Donald, and can't even wrest the Presidency from him.

I often wonder how closely Trump's inner life matches the life his detractors have dreamed up for him.

You think Bloomberg couldn't destroy Trump, financially, whenever he wants?
 
I think it's exactly the opposite; that they sense the current crop of Democrats doesn't have a winner in its midst.

That's probably true for some of them, especially Steyer. I don't know Bloomberg well enough but it seems to me this late entry suggests the same.
 
....
ETA: also, check the url of the kink you hyperlined to. It's goofy.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I've been using Startpage, anonymous view for WA Po hoping the link worked when shared with others.

You seem to have access to WA Po, you'll have to search for it if you're interested. Sorry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom