• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency: Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, as I assume most people here know, the Democrats in the house have been far from idle... Instead, the Democrats have been passing bills, and McConnell has been blocking them in the senate.

I'm sure you've noticed from way back in the Obama years that McConnell's whole strategy was to stonewall the President and then claim that he wasn't consulting them. Block the opposition, then blame them for the lack of progress.

McConnell is a traitor to his country.
 
Normally in a video like this, I think "Maybe they interviewed dozens of people who were intelligent and picked just the minority of people who were idiots". But given the general intelligence/ignorance of the average Trump voter, I would assume that they probably didn't have to reject too many interview subjects before they found the ones featured here.

Quite possibly correct. Especially given that when asked why the respondents said that they liked him and supported him.

We live in a country where surveys consistently show that 1/3 of Americans don’t know who the Vice President is. Where many people cannot identify the decade in which the civil war took place. Where a measurable amount cannot identify the century in which it took place.

............
**** my auto correct that capitalizes Vice President!!
 
I suspect that many are probably quite partisan in nature.

Yes, I'm sure many of them are, but that isn't the question, which is, how many are NOT?

I know of at least one that passed the house with like 400 votes that McConnell won't even introduce in the senate (it was a condemnation of some country for their actions). Hard to blame the house for not doing anything at all when the senate won't even consider bipartisan efforts.
 
Kimmel's recent man-on-the-street segment with Trump supporters...

Actors? Cherry-picked replies from among hundreds to find idiots? Please tell me this isn't a true representative sample of ordinary people.
 
Actors? Cherry-picked replies from among hundreds to find idiots? Please tell me this isn't a true representative sample of ordinary people.

Well look at the CNN interviews with the 12 Pennsylvania Trump voters who had gems about being ok with him murdering people.
 
Actors? Cherry-picked replies from among hundreds to find idiots? Please tell me this isn't a true representative sample of ordinary people.

It's almost certainly not a representative sample; they're mostly tourists who went to the freaking Hollywood Walk of Fame. But still. Even if hundreds, maybe thousands, passed by, how do you find that many idiots?
 
It's almost certainly not a representative sample; they're mostly tourists who went to the freaking Hollywood Walk of Fame. But still. Even if hundreds, maybe thousands, passed by, how do you find that many idiots?

Swing a cat. Idiocy abounds.
 
.....
how do you find that many idiots?

You start with that small subset of the population that is willing to be interviewed by a TV comedy show for national broadcast. They almost certainly were asked to sign releases, which would have been a second chance to reflect. Do they think the world wants to bask in their wisdom? Most people across the political spectrum would keep walking.
 
Last edited:
It's almost certainly not a representative sample; they're mostly tourists who went to the freaking Hollywood Walk of Fame. But still. Even if hundreds, maybe thousands, passed by, how do you find that many idiots?

It's not representative. They are looking for the idiots. But any way you look at it, the world is full of them.
 
We should merge this thread and the impeachment thread. From here on out, there is no Trump "presidency" divorced from the impeachment.
 
thanks ...


and ... wow ...

I'm am going to link this video whenever anyone complains about me calling Trump supporters Trumptrash. I mean seriously, our kind and Trump supporters can't live together. They need to have separate but equal public facilities and accommodations. Their kind and ours (by which I mean, real loyal Americans who haven't betrayed their country with their support for Trump) will never be able to coexist.
 
Last edited:
I'm am going to link this video whenever anyone complains about me calling Trump supporters Trumptrash. I mean seriously, our kind and Trump supporters can't live together. They need to have separate but equal public facilities and accommodations. Their kind and ours (by which I mean, real loyal Americans who haven't betrayed their country with their support for Trump) will never be able to coexist.

Venting a little?
 
Venting a little?

It's obvious that we've passed a Rubicon here. There are now Americans and Trump supporters. Americans can't be Trump supporters and Trump supporters can't be Americans. One of our groups belongs on the back of the bus and it's Trump supporters.
 
It's obvious that we've passed a Rubicon here. There are now Americans and Trump supporters. Americans can't be Trump supporters and Trump supporters can't be Americans. One of our groups belongs on the back of the bus and it's Trump supporters.

Going Trump's errand much?

Hans
 
Kimmel's recent man-on-the-street segment with Trump supporters...


Maybe the one with the curlers.
Cherry-picked replies from among hundreds to find idiots?
That's the problem with ALL man-on-the-street interviews.
Please tell me this isn't a true representative sample of ordinary people.
It's not.

I'm not particularly fond of Kimmel, who started his TV career as straight man to Ben "Expelled" Stein.
 
I'm not particularly fond of Kimmel, who started his TV career as straight man to Ben "Expelled" Stein.

I like Kimmel. He's improved a lot since Ben Stein or when he was on "The Man Show".

He beats Fallon. Neither IMV hold a candle to Colbert.
 
Trump Tweets

Today I opened a major Apple Manufacturing plant in Texas that will bring high paying jobs back to America. Today Nancy Pelosi closed Congress because she doesn’t care about American Workers!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom