• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
short term predictions are hard.

Long term predictions are just a question of how big your error bars need to be.

Fair point

Weather arguments tend to always end up with old people pointing out anecdotes the "Great floods of 1963!" and the "Heatwave in 1932!" and "the storms of 1985!", when looked at in short terms.

But extremists are now talking short terms.
 
The biggest crime of the Trump administration with regards to Climate Change is the defunding of projects that just gather data - without good data, even the best intended and funded projects will have far less impact.
 
The biggest crime of the Trump administration with regards to Climate Change is the defunding of projects that just gather data - without good data, even the best intended and funded projects will have far less impact.


Agree 101%

(Added the 1 just too annoy pedants)

The more actual real time measured data the better the modeling
 
This should be fun

Why?

Teach me 3point4 your vast array of knowledge.

A few simple bullet points will suffice

Oh, I've said my piece, you can read it above. You know, the bit where I point out that you think you know better than the massed ranks of climate scientists around the world. That bit.

You just carry on chap.
 
Oh, I've said my piece, you can read it above. You know, the bit where I point out that you think you know better than the massed ranks of climate scientists around the world. That bit.

You just carry on chap.

You said this about my post.


It is a separate conversation

"You know that this statement shows anyone that knows what they're on about that you really are woefully uniformed, don't you? It appears you have attempted to educate yourself. You need a better, more exacting, less sloppy teacher."

I you don't have it the where with all to back it up that is fine.
 
You said this about my post.


It is a separate conversation

"You know that this statement shows anyone that knows what they're on about that you really are woefully uniformed, don't you? It appears you have attempted to educate yourself. You need a better, more exacting, less sloppy teacher."

I you don't have it the where with all to back it up that is fine.


Ah yes, that's the one where you complain that climate science isn't accurate because the weather forecast isn't accurate.
 
You said this about my post.


It is a separate conversation

"You know that this statement shows anyone that knows what they're on about that you really are woefully uniformed, don't you? It appears you have attempted to educate yourself. You need a better, more exacting, less sloppy teacher."

I you don't have it the where with all to back it up that is fine.

There have been countless links posted here from the likes of the IPCC and NASA. Did you read any of them? Highly unlikely.

Ignorance can be bliss I suppose.
 
Ah yes, that's the one where you complain that climate science isn't accurate because the weather forecast isn't accurate.

I said when it came to computer modeling it was the least reliable, and could be dodgy

This not actually reading post thing really does seem to be catching.

Now we have this correction established teach me your wise words Obi Wan
 
Seriously, stop bothering trying to convince a climate denier to come back to reality. The denial doesn't come from reason, and you can't use reason to dissuade it.

Ignore and move on. Climate denial is dying faster than the planet. Hopefully it'll be fast enough.
 
Seriously, stop bothering trying to convince a climate denier to come back to reality. The denial doesn't come from reason, and you can't use reason to dissuade it.

Ignore and move on. Climate denial is dying faster than the planet. Hopefully it'll be fast enough.

So you didn't actually mean your post criticising my post for being ignorant?
 
Boy Trump is sure lucky the news cycle shifted to something else. He might still be being criticized for trolling a child with mild autism if something more interesting hadn't come along.
 
I said when it came to computer modeling it was the least reliable, and could be dodgy

No, you said you thought it was a bit dodgy.

This not actually reading post thing really does seem to be catching.

Now we have this correction established teach me your wise words Obi Wan


Okay, I will if you can lay down form me exactly what I would need to provide to convince you that you are wrong and that this is a much bigger issue than you think it is. Can you do that with any specificity?
 
You said this about my post.


It is a separate conversation

"You know that this statement shows anyone that knows what they're on about that you really are woefully uniformed, don't you? It appears you have attempted to educate yourself. You need a better, more exacting, less sloppy teacher."

I you don't have it the where with all to back it up that is fine.

Which all say AGW is happening, which I agree with.

No you bloody don’t. You obviously don’t know what the “A” stands for. Time for some last minute googling.

You do not agree with AGW if you doubt human contribution to global warming.

Educate yourself.
 
Which all say AGW is happening, which I agree with.

No, all say it is a looming crisis which needs dealing with. You deny that. Hence the label 'denier'.

What would it take to convince you that you're wrong? What do you need to see?
 
No, you said you thought it was a bit dodgy.




Okay, I will if you can lay down form me exactly what I would need to provide to convince you that you are wrong and that this is a much bigger issue than you think it is. Can you do that with any specificity?

You claimed my post, or for some reason a "statement" as you call it.

"shows anyone that knows what they're on about that you really are woefully uniformed, don't you?"

Claims require evidence or at least justification.

I have already said don't worry about it if you have none.

I won't think too much less of you.
 
FFS

You asked what scientists I listen to and to name one

I did

You never said name a scientist that you agree with everything they say

You do get this.....

I mean it ain't that hard

I tell you what as it seems to be a point with you Darat.

Name scientists you listen to on climate change who you agree with every single point on

I meet your demand. Meet mine ..... courtesy thing.
You are really tying yourself in knots. Remember you said you listened to scientists about climate change, I asked you to name them, one of those names you gave was Cox. However as your posts above show you do not listen to Cox when he talks about climate change, so why did you mention his name?

So again which scientists do you listen to in regards to climate change?
 
No, all say it is a looming crisis which needs dealing with. You deny that. Hence the label 'denier'.

What would it take to convince you that you're wrong? What do you need to see?

No the links you mentioned say it is a crisis
 
Greta Thunberg: The GOP’s Teenage Climate Nemesis | Full Frontal on TBS (min. 3:43)



ETA: I didn't know that Bjørn Lomborg was one of the misogynists attacking Greta Thunberg:
The Misogyny of Climate Deniers (New Republic, Aug. 28, 2019)
That he is a climate denier (or is it now called a global warming centrist?) was clear a long time ago.
 
Last edited:
You are really tying yourself in knots. Remember you said you listened to scientists about climate change, I asked you to name them, one of those names you gave was Cox. However as your posts above show you do not listen to Cox when he talks about climate change, so why did you mention his name?

So again which scientists do you listen to in regards to climate change?


How does me not agreeing with his doom scenario say I don't listen to him?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom