• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trials of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito: Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
The earliest available ticket, LHR to NYC, as of today, is £9.4K you won't get a cheap ticket. Flights to the US from Europe mostly go via London or Paris.
Funny. I can find flights fro London Heathrow to JFK for a lot less than that. For tomorrow. As low as €511. Face it. You dishonestly spiked the results using search criteria. Even still, I can get a first class ticket for tomorrow for 6638 sterling on BA. Premium for 1533 sterling. and economy for 538 sterling all on BA.

Innevitably, you will complain that AK travelled first class. But hey, I have been upgraded to first class plenty of times and I am just Joe Travelling Public.

But hey, enjoy your little fantasies.
 
Funny. I can find flights fro London Heathrow to JFK for a lot less than that. For tomorrow. As low as €511. Face it. You dishonestly spiked the results using search criteria. Even still, I can get a first class ticket for tomorrow for 6638 sterling on BA. Premium for 1533 sterling. and economy for 538 sterling all on BA.

Innevitably, you will complain that AK travelled first class. But hey, I have been upgraded to first class plenty of times and I am just Joe Travelling Public.

But hey, enjoy your little fantasies.



Knox and her family travelled business back to Seattle. As I recall it, either the check-in staff or the gate staff at Heathrow moved them to the upper-deck business section in order to afford them a better level of privacy and protection from the media hacks who'd got themselves last-minute bookings on the same flight (and also, I suppose, a certain level of privacy from curious members of the public who were on that same flight).

I believe that Knox and her family were either gifted standard-class tickets by BA, or at least BA gave them a discounted rate. And that then those standard-class tickets were upgraded at the airport as outlined above.

So I think at the very least the comparator figure should be the cost of last-minute standard-class seats, and not the cost of business or (definitely) first seats.

I'm afraid what we've witnessed here is nothing more or less than the usual pro-guilt toxic combo of ignorance, misinformation and partisan bollocks - all for the purpose of trying to paint Knox and/or her family in the worst possible light.

ALL FOR MEREDITH!!! :rolleyes:
 
Knox and her family travelled business back to Seattle. As I recall it, either the check-in staff or the gate staff at Heathrow moved them to the upper-deck business section in order to afford them a better level of privacy and protection from the media hacks who'd got themselves last-minute bookings on the same flight (and also, I suppose, a certain level of privacy from curious members of the public who were on that same flight).

I believe that Knox and her family were either gifted standard-class tickets by BA, or at least BA gave them a discounted rate. And that then those standard-class tickets were upgraded at the airport as outlined above.

So I think at the very least the comparator figure should be the cost of last-minute standard-class seats, and not the cost of business or (definitely) first seats.

I'm afraid what we've witnessed here is nothing more or less than the usual pro-guilt toxic combo of ignorance, misinformation and partisan bollocks - all for the purpose of trying to paint Knox and/or her family in the worst possible light.

ALL FOR MEREDITH!!! :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that only a portion of the family were upgraded to business class seats in the upper deck but they were all allowed access to the business class lounge at Heathrow to avoid any issues with security. I seem to remember reading that Edda sat next to Amanda while the rest of the family was on the main deck. The video of them at Heathrow shows at least 8 people in their party and maybe as many as 11.
 
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that only half the family were upgraded to business class seats in the upper deck but they were all allowed access to the business class lounge at Heathrow to avoid any issues with security. I seem to remember reading that Edda sat next to Amanda while the rest of the family was on the main deck.



Ah well that makes sense (the seating arrangements on the aircraft). Especially as obviously it was only Amanda in whom the media (and others) would have been interested (they probably wouldn't even have recognised anyone else from Knox's family anyhow).

But in any case, as you and I and almost everyone else knows full well: this is all entirely moot and irrelevant in the context of Vixen's ridiculous attempts to conjure up an "argument" on this issue....
 
I am pleased to say I have chartered a plane to fly me from London to Malaga next week.
It was quite an easy process, I went on to a website called Easyjet, got together with another 250 people who wanted to go to the same place and we shared the cost of the charter between us.
I don't know why I've never thought of this before.
 
I am pleased to say I have chartered a plane to fly me from London to Malaga next week.
It was quite an easy process, I went on to a website called Easyjet, got together with another 250 people who wanted to go to the same place and we shared the cost of the charter between us.
I don't know why I've never thought of this before.



Oh but I bet it cost you something like £9,000 per ticket, didn't it?!

Ah, wait......... :D
 
I am pleased to say I have chartered a plane to fly me from London to Malaga next week.
It was quite an easy process, I went on to a website called Easyjet, got together with another 250 people who wanted to go to the same place and we shared the cost of the charter between us.I don't know why I've never thought of this before.

Don't give Vixen any ideas. I can all but guarantee this concept will be inserted into this very discussion in the next 2-month iteration cycle of the "chartered flight home" claim.
 
I'm pretty sure that only a portion of the family were upgraded to business class seats in the upper deck but they were all allowed access to the business class lounge at Heathrow to avoid any issues with security. I seem to remember reading that Edda sat next to Amanda while the rest of the family was on the main deck. The video of them at Heathrow shows at least 8 people in their party and maybe as many as 11.

From WTBH, Amanda says that Chris and a supporter who worked for the airline secured them 3 business class seats. The flight attendants kept the journalists from going to the upper section of the 747 where the 3 were seated. At first, that was Chris, Amanda and Deanna. The rest of the family was in the back: Edda, Curt, Ashley, Delaney, Cassandra, Madison, and her aunts, Christina and Janet. Steve Moore was also there.

Amanda did write that Edda and Deanna changed places. She didn't mention any other switching of seats between other family members, but that doesn't mean there wasn't.

I ran across this discussion which took place just after Knox landed in Seattle. Already the myth that Knox and her 'entourage' had taken over the entire upper deck of the 747 had begun. As the saying goes, lies fly around the world before truth gets its pants on.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=526615
 
Last edited:
From WTBH, Amanda says that Chris and a supporter who worked for the airline secured them 3 business class seats. The flight attendants kept the journalists from going to the upper section of the 747 where the 3 were seated. At first, that was Chris, Amanda and Deanna. The rest of the family was in the back: Edda, Curt, Ashley, Delaney, Cassandra, Madison, and her aunts, Christina and Janet. Steve Moore was also there.

Amanda did write that Edda and Deanna changed places. She didn't mention any other switching of seats between other family members, but that doesn't mean there wasn't.

I ran across this discussion which took place just after Knox landed in Seattle. Already the myth that Knox and her 'entourage' had taken over the entire upper deck of the 747 had begun. As the saying goes, lies fly around the world before truth gets its pants on.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=526615

Thanks. I read the book once a few years ago. So my memory was pretty close. There were also articles and news reports about how the media bought tickets and never got close to Amanda. It is amazing how somebody just maybe guessed that the family had booked the entire upper deck and then discussed it as if it was fact.

I got the number in the party right from the video of the family in the vans at Heathrow.

 
Last edited:
I am pleased to say I have chartered a plane to fly me from London to Malaga next week.
It was quite an easy process, I went on to a website called Easyjet, got together with another 250 people who wanted to go to the same place and we shared the cost of the charter between us.
I don't know why I've never thought of this before.

Well, duh! Obviously you don't have a $2 million massive juggernaut of a PR firm behind you. :D
 
Don't give Vixen any ideas. I can all but guarantee this concept will be inserted into this very discussion in the next 2-month iteration cycle of the "chartered flight home" claim.

Don't worry. Vixen gets all her ideas from Barbie Nadeau and TJMK.:rolleyes:
 
I was glancing through more of the comments on that old aviation discussion forum I linked in #2788 about the Knox flight home in 2011. I found this one especially amusing:

Side toughts:

apart from all the guessing on who paid what for her flight home, how comes she obtained new passport (old beeing expired) in just 2/3 hours at FCO (according to the media), when we have to wait the holy bible time for ours to be renewed here in Italy?
All in all it smells of another mess from italian autorithies....

Oh please don't be so naive....Do you really think a simple passport would be stopping her show... Awaiting Amanda Knox in the next season of Dancing with the stars.....

I don't know how these things get started, but Amanda's passport had not expired. In WTBH, she mentions that her passport photo was taken just before she left or Italy. As they are good for 10 years, it still had at least 5 years before expiration. Sounds like the second poster would be right at home on TJMK; never miss a chance to make a snotty remark about Amanda even if based on false information.


Also in support of it being a regularly scheduled flight (not that Vixen will acknowledge that):

I spent most of the early part of this week working overnight. What little information about this that I acquired indicated that A. Knox was flying FCO-JFK-SEA, though all the stories I read were breaking at the time and have since been updated rather than archived. It was false information, but I assure all of you that it was out there for some time early Tuesday morning. I didn't realize that BA49 was the flight we're talking about here until several hours ago...I've seen that plane come into SEA for most of my life and didn't think anything of it until I had a chance to check the news. You're both correct, but I assure you that there was misleading information printed in the local press yesterday that has since been revised.
 
Thanks. I read the book once a few years ago. So my memory was pretty close. There were also articles and news reports about how the media bought tickets and never got close to Amanda. It is amazing how somebody just maybe guessed that the family had booked the entire upper deck and then discussed it as if it was fact.

I got the number in the party right from the video of the family in the vans at Heathrow.


If anything good can have come from this horrific ordeal for Amanda's family, it may be that Curt and Edda have forgiven each other and healed as a family. I hope so.
 
If anything good can have come from this horrific ordeal for Amanda's family, it may be that Curt and Edda have forgiven each other and healed as a family. I hope so.

You don't see many divorced parents having to go through something like this. Circumstances probably made their past issues irrelevant history.
 
Last edited:
You don't see many divorced parents have to go through something like this. Circumstances probably made their past issues irrelevant history.

All we saw from Curt, Edda, Cassandra and Chris was a united effort to support Amanda. As you say, it probably made whatever past issues they may have had irrelevant history.
 
Very little progress.

Actually, I thought she would do exactly what she has done. I had been requesting that Vixen admit she was wrong about the private jet story and she still wouldn't do it despite video evidence and British Airways flight schedules between Rome and London. Instead she couldn't bring herself to say/write "she was wrong or something similar, but instead replied with the dodgy and weak response of "fair enough".

This is so much like Donald Trump it's amazing. Both the Donald and Vixen lie about everything. Even the incredibly irrelevant. And they cannot admit they were wrong. I mean whether Amanda flew on a private jet or on a broom doesn't have a damn thing to do with her guilt or innocence. So why lie about it?


I said 'fair enough' because your account seems reasonable enough. I don't see it as definitive proof that she simply booked the flight the same way as everybody else.
 
Funny. I can find flights fro London Heathrow to JFK for a lot less than that. For tomorrow. As low as €511. Face it. You dishonestly spiked the results using search criteria. Even still, I can get a first class ticket for tomorrow for 6638 sterling on BA. Premium for 1533 sterling. and economy for 538 sterling all on BA.

Innevitably, you will complain that AK travelled first class. But hey, I have been upgraded to first class plenty of times and I am just Joe Travelling Public.

But hey, enjoy your little fantasies.

Don't call me dishonest. You're the dishonest one because if you look at the attachment it clearly gives the date, time and fares. You won't get a last minute budget fare unless you are lucky. Dishonest because you searched for 'tomorrow' and days in advance. I looked up 'next'.

Are you really expecting us to believe Knox and co are going to be perusing budget airlines in the early hours? Fact is, she went via Heathrow.
 
Knox and her family travelled business back to Seattle. As I recall it, either the check-in staff or the gate staff at Heathrow moved them to the upper-deck business section in order to afford them a better level of privacy and protection from the media hacks who'd got themselves last-minute bookings on the same flight (and also, I suppose, a certain level of privacy from curious members of the public who were on that same flight).

I believe that Knox and her family were either gifted standard-class tickets by BA, or at least BA gave them a discounted rate. And that then those standard-class tickets were upgraded at the airport as outlined above.

So I think at the very least the comparator figure should be the cost of last-minute standard-class seats, and not the cost of business or (definitely) first seats.

I'm afraid what we've witnessed here is nothing more or less than the usual pro-guilt toxic combo of ignorance, misinformation and partisan bollocks - all for the purpose of trying to paint Knox and/or her family in the worst possible light.

ALL FOR MEREDITH!!! :rolleyes:

I repeat. You will not get business class on the next flight via Heathrow to Seattle for much less than £10K.
 
I'm pretty sure that only a portion of the family were upgraded to business class seats in the upper deck but they were all allowed access to the business class lounge at Heathrow to avoid any issues with security. I seem to remember reading that Edda sat next to Amanda while the rest of the family was on the main deck. The video of them at Heathrow shows at least 8 people free loaders in their party and maybe as many as 11.

FIFY
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom