• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump Tweets

The E.U. and China will further lower interest rates and pump money into their systems, making it much easier for their manufacturers to sell product. In the meantime, and with very low inflation, our Fed does nothing - and probably will do very little by comparison. Too bad!

The Fed “raised” way too early and way too much. Their quantitative tightening was another big mistake. While our Country is doing very well, the potential wealth creation that was missed, especially when measured against our debt, is staggering. We are competing with other.....

....countries that know how to play the game against the U.S. That’s actually why the E.U. was formed....and for China, until now, the U.S. has been “easy pickens.” The Fed has made all of the wrong moves. A small rate cut is not enough, but we will win anyway!
 
Trump Tweets

Crazy Bernie Sanders recently equated the City of Baltimore to a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY! Based on that statement, I assume that Bernie must now be labeled a Racist, just as a Republican would if he used that term and standard! The fact is, Baltimore can be brought back, maybe......

....even to new heights of success and glory, but not with King Elijah and that crew. When the leaders of Baltimore want to see the City rise again, I am in a very beautiful oval shaped office waiting for your call!
 
Well then I'm rather confused because you are the one who responded to my comment to Belz, so if you aren't arguing against my point I'm confused as to what your point way.

It's coming increasingly common and annoying to keep having to stop discussion to have the "Who's arguing otherwise?" hijack with people who started the "otherwise."

In other words... if you think the Dems can still do more without going to far... I wasn't talking to you.

You suggested lots of folk think that losing with dignity is more important than winning. That is true if you mean that losing with dignity means doing what one can to win without violating principles, but losing anyway.

But no one that I've seen argues that doing better in the Blue Wall states was required by considerations of "dignity". That has nothing to do with dignity or principles.

So who are these folk who think the Democrats can do literally nothing more without going too far? Point them out so I can join you in rebutting these deluded fools. I can't see them from here.

ETA: Your comment was to Beelzebuddy, not the similarly named Belz..., by the way. I'm not criticizing you for an easy mistake, just thought you'd like the minor correction.
 
Last edited:
I must say, all these Sleeper Agents are very sound sleepers: they have overslept the Revolution since the 60's.


To be fair, the last person I heard make the Communist agent claim was Michael Savage, and his mind is pretty firmly stuck in the 1950s. I once heard him criticize a Congresswoman for wearing jeans in public. It reminded me of the episode of MASH in which Frank Burns freaked out after his wife sent him a picture of herself wearing slacks.
 
That's pretty good. I have to remember that. ;)

“Almost heaven, West Virginia,
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees,
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze”.

John Denver

Cities are wonderful. I lived in or in the suburbs of one most of my adult life.

But casting aspersions on country folk who have different priorities in life is just dumb. And elitist, as I mentioned before.
 
Sez you! Not your cup of tea? Avoid them. Others may not agree.

My point is that social media like Twitter is ill-equipped for long, reasoned discussions. Forums are better for this. I don't think that people should expect, therefore, reasoned discussions on Twitter. They also shouldn't expect opinions on social media, or the internet in general, to reflect meatspace very well.
 
“Almost heaven, West Virginia,
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees,
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze”.

John Denver

Cities are wonderful. I lived in or in the suburbs of one most of my adult life.

But casting aspersions on country folk who have different priorities in life is just dumb. And elitist, as I mentioned before.

I live in North Dakota, not in even in the largest city, but I can see both end of the coin.

I like living here because I can get from my house to work in 10 minutes. I'm also the cream of the crop since we have few people with technical experience around here.

That being said, there are several times I hate living here. No professional sports, no real concerts, no culture that doesn't involve the word "farmers" in it somewhere. It's just a dull place.

No idea how this is relevant to the thread. Just thought I'd share a small town guys out look. That being said, my entire collection of cousins left Pelican Rapids (Technically Erhardt) to move to Fargo. Not exactly a massive city, but they moved fast and never looked back.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

I have known Al for 25 years. Went to fights with him & Don King, always got along well. He “loved Trump!” He would ask me for favors often. Al is a con man, a troublemaker, always looking for a score. Just doing his thing. Must have intimidated Comcast/NBC. Hates Whites & Cops!

Al Sharpton would always ask me to go to his events. He would say, “it’s a personal favor to me.” Seldom, but sometimes, I would go. It was fine. He came to my office in T.T. during the presidential campaign to apologize for the way he was talking about me. Just a conman at work!

https://twitter.com/TheRevAl/status/1155810975599271937

Trump says I’m a troublemaker & con man. I do make trouble for bigots. If he really thought I was a con man he would want me in his cabinet.
 
Did you know Trump was right there at Ground Zero after 9/11, helping with the emergency response? Neither did I, or anyone else.


Donald Trump has always had a bit of Walter Mitty in him. But on Monday morning, in a speech to first responders and others impacted by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, he took his fantastical memory of himself to new and not-at-all-appropriate heights.
"I was down there also, but I'm not considering myself a first responder," Trump said. "But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you."
 
Did you know Trump was right there at Ground Zero after 9/11, helping with the emergency response? Neither did I, or anyone else.

Huh. Donald Trump actually visited Ground Zero while the initial recovery effort was still under way, and people were still being rescued. That's a lot more than I can claim. I've never been to GZ, before or after.

Clearly Trump is a heinous liar, for making this claim.
 
Huh. Donald Trump actually visited Ground Zero while the initial recovery effort was still under way, and people were still being rescued. That's a lot more than I can claim. I've never been to GZ, before or after.

Clearly Trump is a heinous liar, for making this claim.

No he's not. He is a heinous liar, but apparently not for this. Do you think one truth makes up for a ton of lies?

Hans
 
Huh. Donald Trump actually visited Ground Zero while the initial recovery effort was still under way, and people were still being rescued. That's a lot more than I can claim. I've never been to GZ, before or after.

Clearly Trump is a heinous liar, for making this claim.

So it's ok for him to lie about what he did to help those at 9/11? I've been to Ground Zero, years after the fact. Why is there a constant need to justify the things he says? I don't get it.

Better yet, why would he even claim something so easily proven to be false? It's dumb as ****.
 
But your post seemed to suggest that they should adopt underhanded strategies to compete. ... I did not assert that the only way to beat Trump was to become Trump. I said that if this is the only apparent way, then it's better to lose. I didn't suggest that it is the only way nor that one ought to give up searching for a winning strategy.
I'm wondering if it's so bad to be a little underhanded when the deck is so stacked against you. I don't want Democrats to turn into Trump but there probably are some buzzwords they could be using to manipulate people.
 
This whole pissing contest about whether living in the city or the country is better is an embarrassment to all participating. (I do not mean Fast Eddie B here.)

Yes, Trump gets into these stupid topics. The fact that we can see how childish his arguments are ought to be a warning not to enter the same arena, not a challenge to do better.

I'll agree that it's a stupid pissing argument. On the other hand, I don't fault people for hitting back hard and in kind when people say idiotic things.

Did you know Trump was right there at Ground Zero after 9/11, helping with the emergency response? Neither did I, or anyone else.

Huh. Donald Trump actually visited Ground Zero while the initial recovery effort was still under way, and people were still being rescued. That's a lot more than I can claim. I've never been to GZ, before or after.

Clearly Trump is a heinous liar, for making this claim.

Trump has a long history of lying about things related to him and 9/11 that includes a number of different things - from his claims that he was there clearing rubble and trying to rescue victims to likely outright fraud that diverted about $150,000 into his pockets for repairs to his undamaged buildings and similarly untenable claims. It's true that it's not a stretch to say that Trump likely visited the site at some point, yes, but he's repeatedly claimed so much more. The link, incidentally, also includes a little bit of a list, along with listing some of the usual dishonest shenanigans of the Trump Administration to attack Democrats as he signed the 9/11 Responders Bill. Good for him for signing the bill. **** him for the BS.

In other news...

Incidentally, we may have an answer for what triggered Trump to unleash his attacks on Cummings and, by extension, Baltimore.

House Dems authorize subpoenas for senior White House aides' official communications

The House Oversight and Reform Committee voted on Thursday to authorize subpoenas for senior White House officials’ communications via private email accounts and messaging applications, a significant escalation in a years-long, bipartisan effort to learn more about potential violations of federal record-keeping laws.

Thursday’s vote by the Democrat-led panel came after the White House refused to turn over the messages voluntarily earlier this month — including senior adviser Jared Kushner’s WhatsApp communications with foreign officials, senior adviser Ivanka Trump’s use of a private email account to conduct official business, and former chief strategist Stephen Bannon’s use of a personal mobile device for White House business.

Democrats have raised concerns that those practices violate the Presidential Records Act.

“It makes clear that White House records belong to the public — not the president,” Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) said. “The committee has already received evidence of multiple senior officials using their personal accounts to conduct official business.”

On a party-line vote, the committee authorized Cummings to subpoena all communications sent or received since President Donald Trump took office that were not forwarded to official email accounts within 20 days, as required by law. Cummings can also subpoena information about whether those messages contained classified information.

It's questionable how meaningful this can be in the face of the brazen obstructionism that's been manifest in by this administration, and the deletion of messages that is entirely predictable and admitted to have happened when it comes to previous cases like the passing on of polling data to the Russians, but still worthwhile.

To jump over the Coats, then, here's an article that lays down the situation at hand and provides a bit of history of Coats, as well.

Dan Coats Lost His Job for Telling Trump the Truth
The president wants intelligence that will hurt his enemies, not challenge his opinions.


Either way, may Ratcliffe be rejected by the Senate because of how thoroughly and completely he's wrong for the job and brazenly a partisan hack who will undermine the security of our nation.
 
Trump tweets

It is the 25th Anniversary of a GREAT Organization run by people who truly love our Country, @JudicialWatch. On behalf of all Americans, I thank them! @TomFitton
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom