Trump wants you to have health coverage for pre-existing conditions as long as you are filthy rich and can pay for it.IMO Dems should be firing up a meme machine and recruiting people to get talking points out there. I lost my original (long) post so I'll keep this brief. Things that might have legs on social media:
- Trump wants to take away health coverage from people with pre-existing conditions.
Trump is quietly destroying the environment...[examples]- Trump is a threat to national security.
Well this is frustrating. I had 2 more. Maybe they will come to me. None of them were about lying, grabbing genitals, being self-centered. I'm thinking of serious policy issues currently in the news. They were brilliant (if not, apparently, memorable).
That's a good one. Things like that can easily go viral and aren't dishonest.
OK, thought of some other messaging Dems could do which might be more credible than the issues his base doesn't care about:
- Trump can't keep good help. The turnover in his staff is appalling. Most people can relate to having a bad boss ... Trump is a bad boss.
- The abysmal pace of Border Patrol/ICE recruiting. Without saying "wall bad" one can ask where Trump is going to get the agents given his/Republicans track record.
I'm talking about changing the conversation in ways that appeal to Trump supporters' values. Yes I think those folks have some values. National security, staff churn, pre-existing conditions, can't hire Border Patrol agents. There's a way to do this without falling back on the latest goofy thing he's said or done. His America isn't happening.
Video: Has President Trump rebuilt America's military?
The answer is hell no, and this guy ain't no Democrat.
Who could have pulled this off? Does it mean Trump has a traitor on board? I hope so.
That's funny, like where's Waldo.I think I remember reading that this was some sort of 'projection', rather than a printed logo. If so, pulling it off wouldn't be that difficult... just changing a single image on a computer file.
Heck, it may not have even been deliberate... Trump supporter John gets emailed an image of the altered logo by Bill as a joke. John accidentally saves the file to the wrong directory on his lap top, Comes time to set up for Trump's speech, John just takes the first logo he finds on his computer (which happens to be the altered logo) without looking too closely at it.
I remember a few years ago, they had found a bunch of pro-bin Laden protesters had signs that featured a picture of Bin Laden along with Bert (from Sesame street). Whomever made the signs had done an image search and picked one of the first ones he found, not paying enough attention to notice the fuzzy yellow guy in the picture. The same sort of thing may have happened here.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bert-is-evil/
I love the idea of fighting Trump et al. with billboards. It's the one form of media nobody can avoid except users of mass transit who are usually Democrats anyway.This seems appropriate:
https://www.wnky.com/putins-mitch-billboard-grabs-attention-on-interstate-65/
A new billboard along I-65 in Hart County is raising some eyebrows. The sign reads, “Putin’s Mitch” and features a photo of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
I love the idea of fighting Trump et al. with billboards. It's the one form of media nobody can avoid except users of mass transit who are usually Democrats anyway.
And then there's this:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...ation-is-over-paying-farmers-for-trade-losses
Lots of American companies have lost sales since the Trump administration and China embarked on the current cycle of tariff-raising and retaliation....ecretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue unveiled details of the latest aid package for farmers who've lost export sales....In his remarks, Perdue portrayed the payments as a modest contribution toward the enormous losses that farmers have endured. Agricultural economists, however, disagreed. "This is going to be a lot of money pumped into the Corn Belt," said Scott Irwin at the University of Illinois. Even last year's smaller aid package probably overpaid farmers for their trade-related losses...
I have to admit, I'm actually a little surprised. Early on in the trade wars I had heard reports of farmers having problems... lost sales, not enough assistance to compensate. Maybe it depends on the particular crops and locations.
He hasn't noticed the heat-wave. The cops probably appreciated being cooled down for free.Trump Tweets
We love our Law Enforcement Officers all around this great Country. What took place in NYC with water being tossed on NYPD officers was a total disgrace. It is time for
@NYCMayor @BilldeBlasio to STAND UP for those who protect our lives and serve us all so well...
...What took place was completely unacceptable, and will not be tolerated. Bill de Blasio should act immediately!
The Trump administration's effort to get Obamacare completely repealed via litigation also would take away the right for young people to be covered by a parent's work plan up until age 27, which has been very popular with the middle class.I agree: Trump wants you to have health coverage for pre-existing conditions as long as you are filthy rich and can pay for it.
Trump is quietly destroying the environment...[examples]
Trump has developed a kleptocracy ..[examples]
How about a health system that would cover you even if you wern't in work?The Trump administration's effort to get Obamacare completely repealed via litigation also would take away the right for young people to be covered by a parent's work plan up until age 27, which has been very popular with the middle class.
With so many young people in the "gig economy" many of them probably aren't covered through work.
Not finished there. The eagles shield is changed to the shape of the shield from the Russian coat of arms, and the 5 "stars" at the top of that shield are actually hammers and sickles.
Me too.Aridas, I wanted to let you know I appreciate these posts, please keep them up.
That is great, and another thank you for this post.This seems appropriate:
https://www.wnky.com/putins-mitch-billboard-grabs-attention-on-interstate-65/
A new billboard along I-65 in Hart County is raising some eyebrows. The sign reads, “Putin’s Mitch” and features a photo of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Trump Tweets
Very disappointed in Prime Minister Stefan Löfven for being unable to act. Sweden has let our African American Community down in the United States. I watched the tapes of A$AP Rocky, and he was being followed and harassed by troublemakers. Treat Americans fairly! #FreeRocky
Give A$AP Rocky his FREEDOM. We do so much for Sweden but it doesn’t seem to work the other way around. Sweden should focus on its real crime problem! #FreeRocky
Trump doesn't recognize things until he sees embarrassing news feeds. When Fox is outraged by the shameful disgrace, as bad as disrespecting the flag no doubt, we'll see the Tweets.I'm surprised there are no angry tweets about it.