• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Area 51 people pledging to raid to find aliens

Yeah, U.S. Infantry school includes a final march that's something like 20 miles a day (I think it's 100 miles over 5 days...may be 4 though). And that's after intense training to build up to it.

Yep, in my late teens and early twenties when I was in good shape I could do 20-25 miles a day with a moderate pack. Maybe a bit more if the conditions were perfect.

If I were looking at 85 miles across a desert I would plan on getting up two hours before sunrise, walk until as close to noon as I could stand and then pitch a tent and rest for about four hours. Maybe six, depending on the time of year. Then I would try to walk a bit more in the late afternoon until it was getting too dark to be safe. Set up camp and rinse and repeat. In the winter you may get 25 miles in a day, in the summer I would expect less than 20, even though the days will be longer. That mid day break will be much longer and much less restful in the summer. Of course this is all hypothetical. I'm not in that kind of shape nor at all interested in that kind of hiking at my current age. Bopping around Garden of the Gods for a few hours had me breathing heavy.
 
Maybe they've made contact with the aliens already, and convinced them to help them cross the desert.
 
I did smile when someone suggested that while the US was 'storming' Area 51, we Europeans should do the same at the Vatican.

The tag line being - 'we'll get the aliens, you get the predators'...
 
I did smile when someone suggested that while the US was 'storming' Area 51, we Europeans should do the same at the Vatican.

The tag line being - 'we'll get the aliens, you get the predators'...
Now that would win a pith award.
[emoji2]
 
What do you guys think of this? Apparently it is at 900.000 people pledged.

Probably breaks down to the majority of them being bots, astroturfers and trolls, followed by people who signed on and never had any intention of attending, then SJWs who thought Area 51 to be an ICE detention facility but changed their minds after reading up on it.

Whats left, less than a hundred will attempt to make the trip - to Rachel. Of those, probably less than a dozen, will be either rescued or collected from the desert.
 
Probably breaks down to the majority of them being bots, astroturfers and trolls, followed by people who signed on and never had any intention of attending, then SJWs who thought Area 51 to be an ICE detention facility but changed their minds after reading up on it.

Whats left, less than a hundred will attempt to make the trip - to Rachel. Of those, probably less than a dozen, will be either rescued or collected from the desert.

The alternative is NONE. ;)
 
Probably breaks down to the majority of them being bots, astroturfers and trolls, followed by people who signed on and never had any intention of attending, then SJWs who thought Area 51 to be an ICE detention facility but changed their minds after reading up on it.

Whats left, less than a hundred will attempt to make the trip - to Rachel. Of those, probably less than a dozen, will be either rescued or collected from the desert.

I'd guess the vast majority were people who recognized it as a joke and went along with it.
 
Probably breaks down to the majority of them being bots, astroturfers and trolls, followed by people who signed on and never had any intention of attending, then SJWs who thought Area 51 to be an ICE detention facility but changed their minds after reading up on it.

Whats left, less than a hundred will attempt to make the trip - to Rachel. Of those, probably less than a dozen, will be either rescued or collected from the desert.

Thought for many years I’d retire in Las Vegas and even bought a couple of lots with the thought of building on them. Lost those in a divorce and the ex did exactly what we had planned and she and her husband live in Henderson which is basically a bedroom district of Las Vegas. Spent many many years in the desert Southwest and know the area well. No way no how under any conditions would I think even in my youth of doing several miles cross country out there and I am a trained and experienced mountain climber and hiker. If I was the base commander I’d put a few forward deployed guard post out there and let the desert sort out the “invaders”.
 
Thought for many years I’d retire in Las Vegas and even bought a couple of lots with the thought of building on them. Lost those in a divorce and the ex did exactly what we had planned and she and her husband live in Henderson which is basically a bedroom district of Las Vegas. Spent many many years in the desert Southwest and know the area well. No way no how under any conditions would I think even in my youth of doing several miles cross country out there and I am a trained and experienced mountain climber and hiker. If I was the base commander I’d put a few forward deployed guard post out there and let the desert sort out the “invaders”.

You were left with the shaft, it sounds like. ;)
 
Is it, really? Nukes don't produce much long-term radiation.

While the leftovers of surface detonations (trinitite, etc.) emit safe levels of radiation, I surely wouldn't want to trudge through it and breath in the dust for any length of time. I am by no means an expert but I don't think that would be very healthy, though probably no worse than smoking a few cartons of cigarettes.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom