He explicitly equates the country and the flag with himself.
That is tin-hat despot speech.
And the GOP, especially his base absolutely love it......
He explicitly equates the country and the flag with himself.
That is tin-hat despot speech.
Side note: Not completely sure but I think Trump is getting those 'polling' numbers from an internal Democratic party poll leaked to the press, that involved: "likely general-election voters who are white and have two years or less of college education and knew of the two outspoken lawmakers."Trump Tweets
Those Tweets were NOT Racist. I don’t have a Racist bone in my body! The so-called vote to be taken is a Democrat con game. Republicans should not show “weakness” and fall into their trap. This should be a vote on the filthy language, statements and lies told by the Democrat.....
.....Congresswomen, who I truly believe, based on their actions, hate our Country. Get a list of the HORRIBLE things they have said. Omar is polling at 8%, Cortez at 21%.
Of course he will... given the number of times that Trump has molested the flag (grinding up against it like a stripper on a poll), he's probably humping a flag a this very moment. He's worried about getting hit in the crossfire!Attack the flag and Donald Trump is going to defend himself.
Side note: Not completely sure but I think Trump is getting those 'polling' numbers from an internal Democratic party poll leaked to the press, that involved: "likely general-election voters who are white and have two years or less of college education and knew of the two outspoken lawmakers."
(See: https://news.yahoo.com/anonymous-democratic-group-leaked-poll-205906247.html)
So, it wasn't a general poll; it was targeted at a small demographic who they thought might be 'swing' voters in later elections. (The demographic seems to be one associated with Trump and his followers.)
ETA: Does anyone have any idea what this "list of horrible things" is? I know that to a republican, anything that doesn't involve complete fawning over Israel is somehow "anti American" but is there anything more specific?
Trump Tweets
Those Tweets were NOT Racist. I don’t have a Racist bone in my body! The so-called vote to be taken is a Democrat con game. Republicans should not show “weakness” and fall into their trap. This should be a vote on the filthy language, statements and lies told by the Democrat.....
.....Congresswomen, who I truly believe, based on their actions, hate our Country. Get a list of the HORRIBLE things they have said. Omar is polling at 8%, Cortez at 21%. Nancy Pelosi tried to push them away, but now they are forever wedded to the Democrat Party. See you in 2020!
I don't know. I am sure if you had told people two years ago that the guy they voted for would start saying "Go back to your country!" they would deny he would say it, and would be against it. I can't believe it myself.
As someone from the UK myself, I tend to agree with JoeMorgue's assessment that Trump had to know where the line was and yet just rampaged over it.
The whole Republican Party ? I agree that they weren't and indeed aren't, there are doubtless fringe members of every party.
I would claim that the majority of Republicans are demonstrably racist (which, considering the core demographics is hardly surprising). Maybe not all in a "white sheet and burning cross" sort of a way, but certainly in a "being uncomfortable with their daughter dating a black man" way. The way that the GOP treated President Obama is ample proof of this.
Then again the majority of Trump's base (which is a big part of current GOP support) is properly racist in all the usual cliched ways.![]()
He explicitly equates the country and the flag with himself.
That is tin-hat despot speech.
Look they like Trump and they support this statement, so as they can not be called racist that means this statement can not be called racist. Hence it wasn't racist because if it was it would mean that the republican party is OK with overt displays of racism.


Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight![]()
The important thing is we're all talking about how outrageous this latest outrage is, and no longer paying any attention to his long friendship with alleged serial rapist Epstein or the House subpoenas of his family and business associates.
Trump wins again.
Trump Tweets
Kevin McCarthy @GOPLeader, “The President’s Tweets were not Racist. The controversy over the tweets is ALL POLITICS. I will vote against this resolution.”
Thank you Kevin!
The problem is "outrage" isn't just a linear scale, it's also different categories.
Association with a rapist or telling four Congresswomen to "go back where they came from." I don't really want to rank those two on some which "which is worse scale." They are both just abjectly awful within their own contexts.
He's no longer distracting us from one outrage by causing another. He's maxed out all the distinct outrage classes and just cycling through him.
A clear indicator that racism is a vote-winner for them.
Reminds me of the movie Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, which takes place back in the 30s. The protagonists end up at a political rally for a politician who is actually a member of the KKK. The politician tries to both deny he is a member, but also suggest that he is a member, using some doublespeak.Also an indicator that being seen as racist is political poison, despite everything. Otherwise what's the point of denying it?