• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread Scorpion's Spiritualism

They didn't do anything wrong as such. I had given them cause to question me. But the officer that shouted " He is a psychopath trained in the martial arts" gave the game away. He told me the local police thought I was a psychopath while trying to warn the officer that was talking to me. He obviously knew my case, as how else would he have known I did the martial arts ?
You probably looked like a martial arts psychopath when you attacked a building by kicking it.
 
My brother-in-law Terry was "known to the police" for several mostly minor offences, though he did eventually end up doing 12 months for breaking and entering. Every policeman in town knew who he was from an early age, it's not like British towns have large numbers of potential troublemakers to keep an eye on. Being in jail when his son was born seemed to finally shock him to his senses and he was never in trouble again, but for years he was regularly harassed and brought in for questioning - "round up the usual suspects" is not, it turns out, something that's only said in movies. He complained bitterly about it, but there was nothing remotely surprising about it. Once on the police's radar always on the police's radar, and I found it hard to have much sympathy.

Terry didn't believe that everything odd or unlucky that happened to him was the result of a police conspiracy against him, though, because he wasn't a paranoid schiozophrenic. He was just an idiot.
 
My brother-in-law Terry was "known to the police" for several mostly minor offences, though he did eventually end up doing 12 months for breaking and entering. Every policeman in town knew who he was from an early age, it's not like British towns have large numbers of potential troublemakers to keep an eye on. Being in jail when his son was born seemed to finally shock him to his senses and he was never in trouble again, but for years he was regularly harassed and brought in for questioning - "round up the usual suspects" is not, it turns out, something that's only said in movies. He complained bitterly about it, but there was nothing remotely surprising about it. Once on the police's radar always on the police's radar, and I found it hard to have much sympathy.

Terry didn't believe that everything odd or unlucky that happened to him was the result of a police conspiracy against him, though, because he wasn't a paranoid schiozophrenic. He was just an idiot.

Well I am going to find out if I am on the police national computer soon, as I just filled out the application form.
 
I said boring, didn't I? Scorp, didn't I?

Over the years, this forum has been visited by schizos in small numbers, possibly not enough for safe generalizing -- but I'll risk this much: They always collapse into a self-engorged monologue about themselves and their tedious delusions.

If there's a book inside any of them, it'd be damn short, and every line of it predictable.
 
@The Norseman: well, it was worth a shot. :rolleyes:
lol Yeah, well, I am trying to be supportive.

A little.


You probably looked like a martial arts psychopath when you attacked a building by kicking it.
Oh, don't be ridiculous! It's much more reasonable for the police to be using telepathy amongst themselves and they simply scanned him beforehand. The shout later was just a ruse.
 
Well I am going to find out if I am on the police national computer soon, as I just filled out the application form.

It might be interesting or not but it won't matter much.

You have made a good run of life for some seven decades despite aa bit of a setback. That in itself is a testament to your ability to adapt. A good portion of my school mates didn't see 30 and had only the setback of failing the Darwin test.

Unless there has been a plumbing van outside your house constantly for the last 45 years and your phone clicks and buzzes more than one should they stopped worrying about you.

Relax, enjoy life and write your memoirs with a smile. Concentrate on the good and the victory over an illness.
 
I said boring, didn't I? Scorp, didn't I?

Over the years, this forum has been visited by schizos in small numbers, possibly not enough for safe generalizing -- but I'll risk this much: They always collapse into a self-engorged monologue about themselves and their tedious delusions.

If there's a book inside any of them, it'd be damn short, and every line of it predictable.

Do you think the police should be allowed to get away with psychologically torturing the mentally ill ? Well I aim to stop them, too bad if that bores you.
 
It might be interesting or not but it won't matter much.

You have made a good run of life for some seven decades despite aa bit of a setback. That in itself is a testament to your ability to adapt. A good portion of my school mates didn't see 30 and had only the setback of failing the Darwin test.

Unless there has been a plumbing van outside your house constantly for the last 45 years and your phone clicks and buzzes more than one should they stopped worrying about you.

Relax, enjoy life and write your memoirs with a smile. Concentrate on the good and the victory over an illness.

Thanks.
 
Well I am going to find out if I am on the police national computer soon, as I just filled out the application form.

But if you are given the answer that you are not. Will you believe that or draw the conclusion that They are protecting their buts?
 
But if you are given the answer that you are not. Will you believe that or draw the conclusion that They are protecting their buts?

I may get some general notes, but they obviously will not send me anything that incriminates them.
 
Do you think the police should be allowed to get away with psychologically torturing the mentally ill ? Well I aim to stop them, too bad if that bores you.

But your delusions aren't even original. Telepathy? Thought broadcasting? Persecution by the coppers? Or by co-workers? Secret plots against the great I me mine myself? Old stuff, stale stuff. Nut cases are always babbling it.

Upthread, a poster made a distinction between a loonie and an idiot. But is the line always clear?

I think that ignorance lets madness in. A stupid man is sure to be ignorant: he can't master facts, he can't reason from them, and he can't readily distinguish between reality and his own notions. How different is that from insanity?

Others may differ, but I don't for one minute believe that there's such a thing as a mad genius.
 
I will make my reasoning plain as I continue to write. For example here is how I know for a fact the police labeled me a psychopath.

One night I got drunk, and on the way home I walked past a shop with steel shutters and I kicked them. A bit further up the road a police car pulled up behind me and an officer got out and approached me. He said something to me that I don't remember, but then another officer got out of the car which was a few yards away. The second officer shouted at the first one. "he is a psychopath trained in the martial arts" I turned and looked at him and he shouted the same thing again while I was looking at him. There is no doubt whatever in my mind about this event. I am going to tell my story and if the police sue me for slander because I have no evidence ,I will fight them in court.

As it happens I recently sent a letter to the police asking for my file under the data protection act, and I got a form back to fill in. I am going to fill it in and send it, but it even says on the form that some sensitive data may be withheld. Obviously the police are not going to send me documents that would incriminate them. But I am expecting documents that will give me dates and details of some events like when I was arrested.
Obviously in your drunken stupor you did not recognize sarcasm.
 
I may get some general notes, but they obviously will not send me anything that incriminates them.

So if their answer confirms your suspicions you will accept them, but if they do not you will see that as proof of a covering up? It seems to me that you are just looking for confirmation of what you already know is the Truth!. Nothing can change your mind can it?

Your story is sad and I feel for you. I believe that you are telling the truth as you see it. But your evidence is very subjective and could easily be misunderstandings. I hope that your book let you get an ending and that you can finally let it all go.
 
So if their answer confirms your suspicions you will accept them, but if they do not you will see that as proof of a covering up? It seems to me that you are just looking for confirmation of what you already know is the Truth!. Nothing can change your mind can it?

Your story is sad and I feel for you. I believe that you are telling the truth as you see it. But your evidence is very subjective and could easily be misunderstandings. I hope that your book let you get an ending and that you can finally let it all go.

Thanks.
 
Decided to do a search on police and the mentally ill and so far I found these two articles. They speak for themselves.


https://www.theguardian.com/public-...nhs-crisis-police-struggle-public-sector-cuts

From the article:
I am a police officer in an English police force and I’d like to apologise for the lack of support we can offer to people facing mental health problems. Cuts to NHS mental health services in recent years have put mounting pressure on the police force to pick up the slack and we aren’t trained or prepared to deal with it.

That was the actual police speaking.

This is your characterisation of the police:

Do you think the police should be allowed to get away with psychologically torturing the mentally ill ?

As you say, it really does speak for itself.
 
I just posted this on another thread.

It's a 10 minute clip called Derren Brown Fools Psychic Readers & Talks To The Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acnUkYNTk90

He gives three impressive readings at a spiritualist church and convinces the resident medium that he has a gift.

Yes, but he wasn't one of the special, real mediums that Scorpion encountered, that are really real and everything.
Or maybe the naughty bad spirits were speaking through Brown, and so this actually proves that mediumship is real.
Or indeed, any excuse at all to cling to clearly unsupportable beliefs, because you're a meanie.
Oh, and Native Americans. Purple Hedgehog says be nice to trees, and that also proves the spirit world is real.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom