• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of attitude we need from the Democrat candidates.

Ocasio-Cortez: If Trump was gone tomorrow, it wouldn't change 'systemic injustices'

CNN, MSNBC and other ostensibly left-leaning media like to make it about the Orange Man, how members of the left take shots at him, how much better they speak, read, write than him. And the Mueller investigation that they just can't wait patiently for...

We get it, but we can do that all day. What about the middle class, what about healthcare, the corrupting corporate influence in politics, etc?

Yep.

Exclusively being obsessed with Trump and ignoring systemic injustices and oligarchy, pretending the tens of thousands dying from lack of healthcare a year in the US don't exist, etc and so on, is some kind of new ideological purity test with centrists, and I'm not sure how well it's going to serve the Democratic Party in 2020.
 
Last edited:
This is the kind of attitude we need from the Democrat candidates.

Ocasio-Cortez: If Trump was gone tomorrow, it wouldn't change 'systemic injustices'

CNN, MSNBC and other ostensibly left-leaning media like to make it about the Orange Man, how members of the left take shots at him, how much better they speak, read, write than him. And the Mueller investigation that they just can't wait patiently for...

We get it, but we can do that all day. What about the middle class, what about healthcare, the corrupting corporate influence in politics, etc?

I’m voting for her!
 
....what?

I won't bother linking, since the Bernie Bros are mostly idiots on Twitter, but I've seen this as well, as well as:

1) "She's trying to pander, look at her dancing at one point and claiming that she likes Tribe Called Quest, it's like when Hillary said she had hot sauce in her bag!" Note that references to Hillary's love of hot sauce can be found going back to the 1990s, and Harris is the perfect age to enjoy rap from that era;

2) "Harris isn't even black/never identified as black, her father's Indian and her mother is Jamaican!" from Tariq Nasheed and other hoteps.

And stay tuned for Birtherism 2.0!

(again, "Bernie Bro" isn't any Sanders Supporter, but the ones who insisted that Hillary was a bitch and a c*nt, viciously attacked anyone who offered even mild criticism of Sanders, and so forth)
 
Last edited:
I won't bother linking, since the Bernie Bros are mostly idiots on Twitter, but I've seen this as well, as well as:

1) "She's trying to pander, look at her dancing at one point and claiming that she likes Tribe Called Quest, it's like when Hillary said she had hot sauce in her bag!" Note that references to Hillary's love of hot sauce can be found going back to the 1990s;

2) "Harris isn't even black/never identified as black, her father's Indian and her mother is Jamaican!" from Tariq Nasheed and other hoteps.

And stay tuned for Birtherism 2.0!

I have to admit to not understanding a single word of the 'arguments' you've quoted there. What are they saying?
 
This is the kind of attitude we need from the Democrat candidates.

Ocasio-Cortez: If Trump was gone tomorrow, it wouldn't change 'systemic injustices'

CNN, MSNBC and other ostensibly left-leaning media like to make it about the Orange Man, how members of the left take shots at him, how much better they speak, read, write than him. And the Mueller investigation that they just can't wait patiently for...

We get it, but we can do that all day. What about the middle class, what about healthcare, the corrupting corporate influence in politics, etc?

I’m voting for her!

I love her too. Her policy positions ARE not off the deep end. She's also genuine. She's not faking enthusiasm.
 
I have to admit to not understanding a single word of the 'arguments' you've quoted there. What are they saying?

That'll take a while, and it's all pretty minor

The complaints Travis is referring to concern her record as a prosecutor. This is fair game, but some people on the left are of the "get rid of prisons" type, so they object to even rapists and murderers being imprisoned. She doesn't agree with this, naturally.

In the US, prisoners often do menial work for corporations for far below minimum wage (which we should stop), and in California nonviolent offenders are sometimes used fo fight brush fires, but are ineligible for firefighting jobs upon release (this is just stupid), so this is where the "she kept slaves" claim comes from.

"A Tribe Called Quest" is a popular 1990s rap group - Harris recently named one of their songs as "a song that always makes me dance", which is supposedly "pandering".

The second is basically an attack from the more misogynistic segments of US black culture. "Hoteps" are obsessed with pseudoscience, Egyptian pseudohistory of the sort that portrays black Americans as the descendents of an ancient Wakanda-like version of Egypt, and the like.

Howard is an HBCU (Historically Black College or University)- Tariq Nasheed is basically claiming that she's only claiming black Americans now that she's running for president - despite her attending a black college (she also pledged a black sorority, but that's another matter). In other words, this is a childish "you're not black enough" argument.

I assume you know what birtherism is - I've seen people claiming that she's ineligible to be president because her parents were immigrants/she wasn't *really* born in the US/etc.
 
This is the kind of attitude we need from the Democrat candidates.

Ocasio-Cortez: If Trump was gone tomorrow, it wouldn't change 'systemic injustices'

CNN, MSNBC and other ostensibly left-leaning media like to make it about the Orange Man, how members of the left take shots at him, how much better they speak, read, write than him. And the Mueller investigation that they just can't wait patiently for...

We get it, but we can do that all day. What about the middle class, what about healthcare, the corrupting corporate influence in politics, etc?

I'm one of many that have said the same here. It's definitely nice to hear it from someone in congress, though.
 
Citation please.

I could swear, there once was a time when an expectation existed that claims such as this should be followed by, get this, a quote and a link. What a concept!

Lacking a quote and a link, and being aware of the BS you routinely foist, I don't buy your unsupported claims for a nanosecond.


Are you not on twitter?


Seriously just look at the tweets in any major story about her and someone will come up with some line of reasoning that goes "Kamala was a cop that kept slaves."


If you really are ignorant of all this it refers to a belief held by some very nosy twitter bernie bros that she deliberately kept black men in prison so that the state of California could use them for prison labor. It is stupid and yet the question even came up during her town hall last night on CNN. It is stupid and yet I come across it again and again on twitter.


I won't even get into the ridiculousness that is their claims that she slept her way to the top. But that is out there too on twitter.
 
I won't bother linking, since the Bernie Bros are mostly idiots on Twitter, but I've seen this as well, as well as:

1) "She's trying to pander, look at her dancing at one point and claiming that she likes Tribe Called Quest, it's like when Hillary said she had hot sauce in her bag!" Note that references to Hillary's love of hot sauce can be found going back to the 1990s, and Harris is the perfect age to enjoy rap from that era;

2) "Harris isn't even black/never identified as black, her father's Indian and her mother is Jamaican!" from Tariq Nasheed and other hoteps.

And stay tuned for Birtherism 2.0!

(again, "Bernie Bro" isn't any Sanders Supporter, but the ones who insisted that Hillary was a bitch and a c*nt, viciously attacked anyone who offered even mild criticism of Sanders, and so forth)


Tariq got on her for just putting her hair in a bun. Somehow claiming that pulling her hair back was some sort of pandering to "real black women" or something. That guy is weird and I note that a lot of other black people on twitter seem to hate him.
 
It's called "I made up an opinion that sounds like something someone on the other side would say, so I'm just gonna say they said it without actually waiting for someone to actually say it."

Travis does that a lot.


The fact that you think I make stuff up is telling that you keep to some safe places and don't dive deep into the comments left all over the place on the web but especially on social media.
 
The fact that you think I make stuff up is telling that you keep to some safe places and don't dive deep into the comments left all over the place on the web but especially on social media.

No. I don't go looking for people to get angry at. Do you honestly think that makes you a better person than me?

Yes Travis you go looking for any random anonymous online who says whatever you need to justify your rage. We know.

bad_opinions.png


Alt Text: "I thought of another bad opinion! I couldn't find anyone who expressed it specifically, but still, the fact that I can so easily imagine it is infuriating! I'm gonna tell everyone about it!"
 
Last edited:
The fact that you think I make stuff up is telling that you keep to some safe places and don't dive deep into the comments left all over the place on the web but especially on social media.

Travis. Dude. Get the hell off social media. It isn't representative of reality, and it's making you miserable.
 
If you really are ignorant of all this it refers to a belief held by some very nosy twitter bernie bros that she deliberately kept black men in prison so that the state of California could use them for prison labor.

Her office made that exact argument in court.

Harris was responding to revelations that lawyers in her office argued in court without her knowledge that a program to parole more prisoners would drain the state’s source of cheap labor.
 
Last edited:
Are you not on twitter?

I have an account, but I never use it. I value my mental health too highly to spend hours of my day reading gobs of bile.

Seriously just look at the tweets in any major story about her and someone will come up with some line of reasoning that goes "Kamala was a cop that kept slaves."


If you really are ignorant of all this it refers to a belief held by some very nosy twitter bernie bros that she deliberately kept black men in prison so that the state of California could use them for prison labor. It is stupid and yet the question even came up during her town hall last night on CNN. It is stupid and yet I come across it again and again on twitter.

Seriously... don’t look at the tweets!

Although, now that you mention it, isn’t there something in the idea that penal slave labour, especially given the way it tends to be performed by minority groups is something worth condemning and those who participate in the system?

Maybe the “nosiness” of the Bernie Bros, if you mean those who investigate candidates’ background, is warranted.
 
That'll take a while, and it's all pretty minor

The complaints Travis is referring to concern her record as a prosecutor. This is fair game, but some people on the left are of the "get rid of prisons" type, so they object to even rapists and murderers being imprisoned. She doesn't agree with this, naturally.

In the US, prisoners often do menial work for corporations for far below minimum wage (which we should stop), and in California nonviolent offenders are sometimes used fo fight brush fires, but are ineligible for firefighting jobs upon release (this is just stupid), so this is where the "she kept slaves" claim comes from.

"A Tribe Called Quest" is a popular 1990s rap group - Harris recently named one of their songs as "a song that always makes me dance", which is supposedly "pandering".

The second is basically an attack from the more misogynistic segments of US black culture. "Hoteps" are obsessed with pseudoscience, Egyptian pseudohistory of the sort that portrays black Americans as the descendents of an ancient Wakanda-like version of Egypt, and the like.

Howard is an HBCU (Historically Black College or University)- Tariq Nasheed is basically claiming that she's only claiming black Americans now that she's running for president - despite her attending a black college (she also pledged a black sorority, but that's another matter). In other words, this is a childish "you're not black enough" argument.

And this supposedly comes from Sanders supporters?

I assume you know what birtherism is - I've seen people claiming that she's ineligible to be president because her parents were immigrants/she wasn't *really* born in the US/etc.

Well, the right doesn't have a monopoly on crazy people.
 
Are you not on twitter?

I'm on Twitter to get news on stuff all on one site, not to hear gossip from conspiracy theorists and political activists.

It's a thing with you that you pick the worst thing you can find about a group of people and present it here as if it's somehow representative of that group. You really should quit that.
 
The fact that you think I make stuff up is telling that you keep to some safe places and don't dive deep into the comments left all over the place on the web but especially on social media.

STOP DIVING. You only find the fringe idiots and crackpots. Why would you want to do that? To find outrage for yourself?

Dude, get a life.
 
I won't bother linking, since the Bernie Bros are mostly idiots on Twitter, but I've seen this as well, as well as:

1) "She's trying to pander, look at her dancing at one point and claiming that she likes Tribe Called Quest, it's like when Hillary said she had hot sauce in her bag!" Note that references to Hillary's love of hot sauce can be found going back to the 1990s, and Harris is the perfect age to enjoy rap from that era;

2) "Harris isn't even black/never identified as black, her father's Indian and her mother is Jamaican!" from Tariq Nasheed and other hoteps.

And stay tuned for Birtherism 2.0!

(again, "Bernie Bro" isn't any Sanders Supporter, but the ones who insisted that Hillary was a bitch and a c*nt, viciously attacked anyone who offered even mild criticism of Sanders, and so forth)

None of my black friends trust Harris, and none are hoteps. LOL None are Bernie Bros, either.

Also, those criticisms you mentioned aren't saying Harris kept slaves.

The actual Bernie Bros aren't really weighing in on any of the dem candidates much yet as far as I can see. A couple have said Warren is "just like Clinton", but they don't seem to really care much either way.
 
I have an account, but I never use it. I value my mental health too highly to spend hours of my day reading gobs of bile.

My twitter feed is idiot-free. You just have to follow the right people. I mostly follow quasi-obscure journalists and some economists. That's where the action's at. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom