Nah. And I think you're grossly underestimating the power you are seeing on that latest video.
Rather than getting into calculations involving the Stefan Boltzmann law and emissivity (which I've never done) I'll try a more high school approach using fairly conservative estimates.
We assume the following:
1) the SunCell cube is made of iron.
2) the dimensions of the cube are roughly 40cm * 40cm * 40cm.
3) the thickness of the iron walls is roughly 1cm.
4) after one minute the iron has gone from 20 degrees C to an average temperature of 420 degrees C. (Iron starts to glow around 470C ; we'll take a temperature average of the hotter and colder areas and call it 420C.)
Known:
5) The specific heat of iron is .45 (Joules/gram)/Celsius
6) The density of iron is 7.8 grams/cm^3
Derived:
7) The weight of the six sided SunCell Cube is 6 * (40cm)^2 * 1cm * 7.8 g/cm^3 =~ 75kg (from 1,2,3,6)
8) The energy required to raise 75kg of iron 400 degrees C is .45 * 75*10^3 * 400 = 1.35E7 Joules (from 4,5,7)
9) The average power applied over one minute to achieve an energy of 1.35E7 Joules is 1.35E7 Joules /60s = 225kW.
Surprising isn't it. Even if there is 10kW of power going into the SunCell it looks like there is about 20 times more power coming out.
I might as well comment too, though I do hope mine will add something not already covered.
markie, this is the International
Skeptics Forum, the
Science, Mathematics, Medicine,
and Technology board.
We have before us a short video, with minimal metadata (provenance is BLP, and that's about it). Even if we had oodles of metadata, the provenance itself
requires demands that we treat as highly questionable ... after all, BLP/Mills has promised to have commercial, hydrino-based generators on the market for ~three decades, yet has failed - repeatedly - to deliver.
The absence of metadata means that all four of your assumptions are evidence-free, and thus the rest of your post of zero value, in this ISF board.
As skeptics, we also frequently ask lots of questions; for example, why did BLP not provide any metadata?
markie said:
I've shown that roughly 200kW of power was required over the course of a minute in order to raise the temperature of the 75kg SunCell containment vessel 400 degrees C.
I fully accept that you think this is what you showed.
Do you, in turn, fully accept that, from a skeptic's perspective, you have shown nothing at all?
From whence comes that minute's worth of 200kW? Someone hypothesizes a baby dragon. Someone else claims burning metals. Perhaps someone else will say it's all from the grid. I think a few reasonable people here are now seriously entertaining something they never thought they would.
And I think you're smoking something.
You know what would likely cause "
a few reasonable people here" to "
now seriously entertaining something they never thought they would"?
Delivery of working, hydrino-based, prototype generators to at least five truly independent testing facilities! When do you expect that to happen?