W.D.Clinger
Philosopher
Although optiongeek says he is quoting an equation from Mills's BBoBB, this particular boo-boo might be original with optiongeek:
If vn were equal to the constant velocity alpha*c, as alleged above by optiongeek, then the velocity would be independent of n. Wouldn't that imply that hydrinos could not exist? (Because it would imply there are no states other than the state corresponding to that alpha*c velocity, which we would then have to accept as the ground state since it would be (in optiongeek's universe) the only possible state.)
On my reading of Mills's Big Book of Boo-Boos, I believe Mills wants vn to vary with n. I guess I should be pleased to see optiongeek disagreeing with Mills on something, even if optiongeek is even more wrong here than Mills is.
In the December 2018 edition, Mills's equation (1.35) actually says vn = ℏ / (mern), where ℏ is the reduced Planck constant (which might be hard to discern, depending on the font you use to read this).According to equation 1.35, the charge velocity in the bound electron is
v = h_bar/(m x r_e) = alpha * c
If vn were equal to the constant velocity alpha*c, as alleged above by optiongeek, then the velocity would be independent of n. Wouldn't that imply that hydrinos could not exist? (Because it would imply there are no states other than the state corresponding to that alpha*c velocity, which we would then have to accept as the ground state since it would be (in optiongeek's universe) the only possible state.)
On my reading of Mills's Big Book of Boo-Boos, I believe Mills wants vn to vary with n. I guess I should be pleased to see optiongeek disagreeing with Mills on something, even if optiongeek is even more wrong here than Mills is.
.