As of today, we have to wait a mere 23 (53) (-9) days before the world has concrete, independent, evidence of the existence of a hydrino-powered generator. So sayeth markie ("26 February, 2019") and tlp/Holvestott.
Some interesting responses to my "daily countdown" post yesterday; I'll follow up later.
Originally my plan for today was to write something about the "theory" counterpart to yesterday's "practice" one. But it didn't pan out.
For starters, there's no counterpart claim to something like "BLP will produce a dozen working prototype hydrino-based generators by next Thursday". For example while markie thinks Mills deserves at least three Nobel Prizes, he's said nothing on when he thinks even the first might be awarded (of course, Mills will win exactly the same number of Nobel Prizes as I will win, zero).
What, then, will be the legacy of Mills' ideas, hydrinos, orbitspheres, the whole nine yards? Will it be anything more than a minor footnote in some tally of crackpot physics ideas of the late 20th and early 21st centuries? If so, what? Myself, I think that's about it: his mathematics is well-known (and anyway he applies it inconsistently); his physics is classical (with no real new insights); his techniques and approaches, while perhaps somewhat unorthodox, are not in any way exceptional (other than bad); and so on.
What do you think?
As of today, we have to wait a mere
22 (52) (-10) days before the world has concrete,
independent, evidence of the existence of a hydrino-powered generator. So sayeth markie ("
26 February, 2019") and tlp/Holvestott.
I'm an astronomer; my focus is extra-galactic astronomy, i.e. I don't much "do" stars or planets, rather galaxies, quasars, clusters of galaxies, etc.
I'd like to share with you my initial reaction to reading that Mills had "explained" something in my field (I think it was a cosmic soft x-ray background, but it may have been dark matter) ... something like "
you have GOT to be kidding me!
How can you be SOOOO ignorant!?! 
"
This is different from my initial reactions to, say, learning that Mills (and his fans) think they have a good replacement for QM (never QFT): my curiosity is aroused, I think it's nonsense, but nothing like the reaction I describe above.
To be clear: in the astronomy example, I know I could rip the posted nonsense to shreds, at any level any Mills fan is willing to engage me: I know where to find the key papers; I could write coherent, succinct summaries of key aspects quite easily; etc. So I'm not writing about an emotional reaction only.
To get to be an astronomer these days you need to have learned more than Physics 101, ditto more than Mathematics 101. So at least in principle, I should be able to rip Mills' QM nonsense to shreds too ... it's just that it would likely involve several days' of digging and research. Fortunately, there are other ISF members more familiar with QM (not to mention QFT; strange, eh?) than I am, and they are usually pretty vocal.
But what's your experience? Do you sometimes have a very different reaction when you see Mills nonsense posted about something you're extremely familiar with, vs nonsense that you're not?