• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency 11: Insert something funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, Bob wants rich people to be able to buy elections, just as he wants rich people to be able to buy absolutely every damn thing on the planet.
 
Heather Nauert cited D-Day as the height of U.S.-German relations. Now she’s headed to the U.N.

“When you talk about Germany, we have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany,” Heather Nauert, the State Department’s spokeswoman, said in June. She added: “Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany, and we have a strong relationship with the government.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ns-now-shes-headed-un/?utm_term=.cb7e76146374
 
Trump is expected to name Heather Nauert as the next UN ambassador. People may recall that she's the former Fox News host (surprise!) who cited D-Day during a discussion of the strong relationship between the US and Germany.

“When you talk about Germany, we have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany,” Heather Nauert, the State Department’s spokeswoman, said in June. She added: “Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany, and we have a strong relationship with the government.”


Ninja'd while digging up the articles. Darn.
 
The number of active controversies is utterly overwhelming. In the age of Trump, it's impossible to give proper attention. In normal / semi-normal times...

The election fraud in NC would be seismic.
The power grab in WI would be seismic.
Rudy tossing Trump under the bus would be seismic.
Nominating a bimbo for UN Ambassador would be seismic.
Trump's non-secure cell phone would be seismic.
Declaring trade deals that don't exist (FAKE DEALS!) would be seismic.
"Falling in love" with Dear Leader would be seismic.
Declaring there is no longer a nuclear threat from NK would be seismic.
Russia steamrolling Ukraine would be seismic.
Pipe bombs sent to ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE would be seismic.
Suggesting that political opponents be locked up would be seismic.

I could go on at astounding length.
 
Last edited:
Apparently, we are facing a surge of lies as well. I cannot decide what children’s story best describes DJT: The President Who Cried Wolf or The President’s New Clothes.
It's like trying to figure out if what he's saying is not true because he's a compulsive liar or because he's an idiot with verbal diarrhea. Just accept the best answer is both and move on.
 
Heather Nauert cited D-Day as the height of U.S.-German relations. Now she’s headed to the U.N.
Well, you can't deny that without Germany, D-Day would not have happened.

I wonder how the senate republicans will react. Will they actually approve her? Will they try to force it through with the current senate seating (risky, when you have Flake making noises about Saudi Arabia) or wait until after January when they have a larger senate majority to work with?
 
Trump Tweets

I am pleased to announce that Heather Nauert, Spokeswoman for the United States Department of State, will be nominated to serve as United Nations Ambassador. I want to congratulate Heather, and thank Ambassador Nikki Haley for her great service to our Country!


I am pleased to announce that I will be nominating The Honorable William P. Barr for the position of Attorney General of the United States. As the former AG for George H.W. Bush....

....and one of the most highly respected lawyers and legal minds in the Country, he will be a great addition to our team. I look forward to having him join our very successful Administration!
 
So there's a CNN article that says insiders are saying watching the state funeral for Bush has made Trump "introspective" about how his own presidency will be looked back on.

Which would, no snark, be something I would welcome if I had even the tiniest bit of hope that Trump was capable of any level of honest self reflection or self improvement.
 
So there's a CNN article that says insiders are saying watching the state funeral for Bush has made Trump "introspective" about how his own presidency will be looked back on.

Which would, no snark, be something I would welcome if I had even the tiniest bit of hope that Trump was capable of any level of honest self reflection or self improvement.
Well, lets see... after the funeral and the moment of "introspective" he has:
- Nominated a former Fox news person as UN Ambassador
- Nominated someone for AG who actually things the Uranium 1 "scandal" is more worthy of investigation than Trump/Russian
- Repeated his 'enemy of the people'

Maybe he's worried that people looking back at his presidency will think that he wasn't enough of an idiot and wanted to make sure everyone knew how horrible he was
 
Maybe he's worried that people looking back at his presidency will think that he wasn't enough of an idiot and wanted to make sure everyone knew how horrible he was

Donald Trump the "Biggest Scandal Yet? Hold my beer...." of Presidents.
 
So there's a CNN article that says insiders are saying watching the state funeral for Bush has made Trump "introspective" about how his own presidency will be looked back on.

Which would, no snark, be something I would welcome if I had even the tiniest bit of hope that Trump was capable of any level of honest self reflection or self improvement.


I would hazard a guess that he has never been introspective in his whole life and that he doesn't know what it means.
 
Heather Nauert cited D-Day as the height of U.S.-German relations. Now she’s headed to the U.N.

“When you talk about Germany, we have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany,” Heather Nauert, the State Department’s spokeswoman, said in June. She added: “Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany, and we have a strong relationship with the government.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ns-now-shes-headed-un/?utm_term=.cb7e76146374

I bet she also thinks the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....
 
So there's a CNN article that says insiders are saying watching the state funeral for Bush has made Trump "introspective" about how his own presidency will be looked back on.

Which would, no snark, be something I would welcome if I had even the tiniest bit of hope that Trump was capable of any level of honest self reflection or self improvement.

He's not.
Just tead Rex Tillerson's comments on Trump; he hates reading and cannot focus. The man is a ignoramus,and worst of all, thinks he is a genius.
There is no cure for stupidity.
His choice of a TV Personality as UN ambassador shows the shallowness of his mind. It's all a TV Show for him.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom