• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Rethink your Trump hatred ?

It is pro white. It is something us white people say to each other to make us better people.

When my wife was a kid in a rural part of Texas they were so poor they ate nothing but pinto beans and fried potatoes, and the high point of her year was when they went to the local church to select a pair of used shoes. Her father, who can't read or write, swears she used to eat polk salad, but she adamantly denies it. I'm not sure this will help her, but I'll advise her to check her privilege when she gets home.
 
When my wife was a kid in a rural part of Texas they were so poor they ate nothing but pinto beans and fried potatoes, and the high point of her year was when they went to the local church to select a pair of used shoes. Her father, who can't read or write, swears she used to eat polk salad, but she adamantly denies it. I'm not sure this will help her, but I'll advise her to check her privilege when she gets home.

When's the last time you heard Democratic politicians asking people to check their privilege? Again, it's the fringe that does that.
 
When my wife was a kid in a rural part of Texas they were so poor they ate nothing but pinto beans and fried potatoes, and the high point of her year was when they went to the local church to select a pair of used shoes. Her father, who can't read or write, swears she used to eat polk salad, but she adamantly denies it. I'm not sure this will help her, but I'll advise her to check her privilege when she gets home.

You should. She has been the beneficiary of it and it will make us all better white people to acknowledge that.
 
When my wife was a kid in a rural part of Texas they were so poor they ate nothing but pinto beans and fried potatoes, and the high point of her year was when they went to the local church to select a pair of used shoes. Her father, who can't read or write, swears she used to eat polk salad, but she adamantly denies it. I'm not sure this will help her, but I'll advise her to check her privilege when she gets home.


Shoes? Luxury! We ‘ad to mek do wi’ brown paper bags tied to our feet.
 
I think this thread is absurd. I think i'm more than justified to despise Trump. I wish i didn't. But every day it seems as if he gives us good reason to think that Crazy Man is running the country. And no, it's not the press that leads me to believe that. It's every despicable word and tweet and almost every decision he makes.

I'm very much afraid that he is hell bent on destroying what is good about this country. He's as toxic a human being that has ever risen to power in the US.
 
I predict Trump's tax cuts for the rich will be a short-lived stimulus to the economy with little result showing in the average Joe's wallet when all is said and done.... like every other upper-echelon tax cut in history.

But maybe this time it'll be different because... Trump.

Something something insanity, doing the same something something, expecting different something something.

The deficit for next year is expected to be 984 billion . By 2026 its expected that servicing our debt will be the 3rd largest item in the budged. Revenues are down on corporate taxes by some 22%. Yeah, we are totally ******.
 
I think this thread is absurd. I think i'm more than justified to despise Trump. I wish i didn't. But every day it seems as if he gives us good reason to think that Crazy Man is running the country. And no, it's not the press that leads me to believe that. It's every despicable word and tweet and almost every decision he makes.

I'm very much afraid that he is hell bent on destroying what is good about this country. He's as toxic a human being that has ever risen to power in the US.

And that's fine. Nobody is telling you that you that you have to like Trump. Just that if your anger is focused toward something useful it's so much noise in the wind. Trump isn't going to be defeated by having more memes shared about him or more jokes about being orange. Open mic comedy routines about his toupee are not helping Democracy. Sitting on the internet in your bubble of like minded folks trying to outdo each other over who can make the biggest show of hating Trump the most isn't helping.

It's not about going high or going low, that meaningless political buzzwords. It's about understanding that the simple act of being angry is completely useless. And I'm sorta getting tired of the people (not necessarily you) who get angry and do nothing acting superior to the people who keep a calm head and actually do something because they see their anger and outrage as superior to... doing something.

There are people out there, people from every political stripe and people without a political agenda at all, that have a vested interest in keeping you in a state of meaningless outrage and nothing else. Pointing that isn't pro-Trump apologetics.
 
And that's fine. Nobody is telling you that you that you have to like Trump. Just that if your anger is focused toward something useful it's so much noise in the wind. Trump isn't going to be defeated by having more memes shared about him or more jokes about being orange. Open mic comedy routines about his toupee are not helping Democracy. Sitting on the internet in your bubble of like minded folks trying to outdo each other over who can make the biggest show of hating Trump the most isn't helping.

It's not about going high or going low, that meaningless political buzzwords. It's about understanding that the simple act of being angry is completely useless. And I'm sorta getting tired of the people (not necessarily you) who get angry and do nothing acting superior to the people who keep a calm head and actually do something because they see their anger and outrage as superior to... doing something.

There are people out there, people from every political stripe and people without a political agenda at all, that have a vested interest in keeping you in a state of meaningless outrage and nothing else. Pointing that isn't pro-Trump apologetics.

I think you're wrong. It's not anger that is useless. It's apathy.

Also, I hear few jokes about Trump's orangeness or his toupee. I do however hear lots of jokes about his insanity and stupidity. And I believe those jokes definitely have an effect.

Jokes are only funny if there is some truth to them. It's an excellent method for messaging
 
Open displays of dislike for Trump are crucial so that the rest of the world can hope that this administration is an aberration and not the new norm of US politics.
 
I think you're wrong. It's not anger that is useless. It's apathy.

Every emotion / emotional state is useless. They can only act as catalyst for actual real world action and I'm not buying that the out-swelling of showy anger against Trump is going to do that.

Street level passion never actually translates to a higher voter turnout so it's all wasted energy, energy which hurts as much as helps the movements it comes from.
 
Anybody with a thorough disdain for the truth doesn't get to be in charge of important matters. For me, it's that simple.

If someone wants to explain why I should make an exception for Trump, I'll hear you out. Best of luck.
 
Well, I did what the OP asked. I had a good long think about my Trump hatred. I found out I'm quite okay with it, really.
 
And your proof of the above statement is what?

That voter turnout didn't raise any significant level during the tumultuous 60s and 70s and isn't going to raise in 2018 or 2020 I'm gonna go out on a limb and just go ahead and assume.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom