• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

New SCOTUS Judge II: The Wrath of Kavanaugh

Too bad she never went to the police with her accurate memory of stuff that really happened.

I agree 100%. Then we wouldn't have such an embarrassment as a justice on the supreme court. But then again, I'm not a sexual assault victim, and can't know exactly what they go through. But I'm very well-acquainted with rape survivors who say "See, why put up with all that ****."

He got away with it.
 
It's even more insulting to say she did not know him, that is that they had not met. The two schools had interaction and the FBI should be able to determine some of the people involved were known to go to parties together. It's harder with boys' and girls' separate prep schools. But for instance, did their two families have memberships to the country club where she swam earlier that day?
Apparently, both of their fathers belonged there. Also, on BK's July calendar he has noted "Columbia" on July 7, presumably not the University. And "Congressional" on July 8 (also a country club in the area). Interestingly, no one really had the chance to ask much about all the calendar entries. Or anything else, really.
 
Have you been drinking? Her testimony details the where, the how, and most importantly, the who.

Fortunately the who was too stinking drunk.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/10/trump-repeatedly-wrong-on-fords-testimony/


Just one of Trump's lies. Repeating Trump's bull **** makes you look foolish, again.

Uh huh, lets take a gander at her changing stories shall we?

But the problem for Ford is not that she doesn’t remember everything: It is that everything she remembers changes at her convenience.

First, Ford’s testimony that the assault occurred in the summer of 1982, when just 15, conflicted with both her therapist’s notes and the text message Ford sent to the Washington Post. According to reporter Emma Brown, Ford claimed she had been assaulted in the mid-1980s; and the therapist’s notes stated Ford had been the victim of an attempted rape in her late teens. But by that time, Kavanaugh was attending Yale, so Ford’s recasting of the attack to the summer of 1982 is suspect.


and on and on and on it goes.

Tell you what, we can clear this right up, lets take a gander at the therapists notes, shall we?

Oh wait, she won't release the therapists notes? She did not release them at all even after she showed them to WaPo?

Hmm, seems like the therapists notes would not have really helped her huh?

Stick a fork in her, she done.
 
Have you been drinking? Her testimony details the where, the how, and most importantly, the who.

Fortunately the who was too stinking drunk.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/10/trump-repeatedly-wrong-on-fords-testimony/


Just one of Trump's lies. Repeating Trump's bull **** makes you look foolish, again.
If your contention is that she (or someone else) made the whole thing up, then no one "remembered" anything, inasmuch as there was no event to remember. I think that is where Trump and TBD are coming from.
 
I agree 100%. Then we wouldn't have such an embarrassment as a justice on the supreme court.
Process crime.

But then again, I'm not a sexual assault victim, and can't know exactly what they go through.
Begging the question.

But I'm very well-acquainted with rape survivors who say "See, why put up with all that ****."
To get justice, presumably.

But why not ask Ford why she chose to put up with all that ***** ? Not to get justice, obviously. But she must have been motivated by *something*.

He got away with it.
Begging the question.
 
Very interesting, and as someone who was beaten up as a schoolboy about 50 years ago, it explains why I remember exactly who my attackers were (I knew both of them) but not much else about exactly where and when the beating happened.

Weird. My one huge beating-up happened at about the same time, in a backstreet in London. I knew the ringleader, but only vaguely, but I do recall the exact location. I also recall that, as they were kicking my head as I lay on the road, one of them singing a song of the time -

Rise and shine, sleepy Joe, by Herman's Hermits. Because I was a bit sleepy by then, I suppose ;)

Amazing the obscure things that get fixed in your memory when you undergo traumatic experiences. Did anybody in this Kavanaugh case ever mention such a thing? Or maybe even explain a mechanism? Hmmm ... let's think ... what was their name?
 
Last edited:
When was the last time you calibrated your recollection against independent sources?

I had not seen her until just a few years ago and she remarked that it was the worst kiss she can remember. Pretty much exactly as I remembered it.

She remembered something about her parents being home, but I didn't. She remembered the street she lived on, I only remembered it was one of two streets. Neither of us remembered where we had been previously.
 
Emotional and physical abuse are a common part of conversion therapy, and "corrective" rape is rather less common, but still an tactic used by some, particularly when "converting" lesbians.

That's... nothing short of monstrous.

I think that's a bit of hyperbole. It can certainly make it inhabitable for many or all higher life forms if it's extreme enough, but there will be plenty of life that will survive in the oceans even in a worst-case scenario, such as the extremophiles that live around volcanic vents on the sea floor.

In the worst-case scenario, the oceans will boil away.
 
To get justice, presumably.
That is where you fail, miserably.
https://www.livescience.com/56482-victims-sexual-assault-speak-out.html

Indeed, there are many reasons why victims of sexual assault may hesitate to speak out immediately after an incident.

Society tends to blame victims — female victims, in particular — for what happens to them, Moses told Live Science. In several recent rape cases, for example, the victim was accused of "ruining" the man who committed the assault, Moses said.

Instances such as these demonstrate that there's still a lopsided nature to our society and that women are devalued, Moses said.

There's also an outdated cultural belief that "good women don't get raped," Moses said. Such beliefs can lead victims to think that the sexual assault might have been their own fault, she said. People ask victims questions such as, "Why were you in that place at that time?" and "Why did you go to that person's room?" Such questions can shift the blame to the victim rather than the perpetrator, she said.
Justice my ass. Why any sexual assault victim would ever come forward in light of the rafts of **** they have to take is beyond me. It's 2018. It's time to stop blaming victims. ****, who am I kidding.
 
Last edited:
Too bad she never went to the police with her accurate memory of stuff that really happened.

Were you not alive then? The would have been laughed out of any police station and told not to bother them with teenage hormones if nothing happened.

So I'm dubious that he's actually done anything to "get away with".

Ford seemed more credible to me. But even if you don't find her credible, he did get away with being a flailing partisan who lied to the senate and otherwise acted like an idiot. So there's that.
 
I recall my first kiss in high school. 1980 in a movie theatre in Waikiki in late December. Saw the movie 9-5 starring Jane Fonda in the early evening. Drove there in my mom's VW bug. Parked in the parking lot adjacent to the theatre. After the movie, we went to a place called Rainbow's Drive Inn (it was once featured Diner's Drive Inns and Dives) and had a cheeseburger and a slush float. After that, called it a night and took my date home.

Sounds like a better first kiss than mine.
 
Another account of how we got here:
Critically, skeptically, but deeply, I loved that Supreme Court. Where is it? Where is the Court that claimed it was at least striving to transcend partisan politics?

That Court is gone forever. We will spend at least the rest of my lifetime fighting over its rotting corpse. No prating about civility can change that fact. The fight is upon us now, and the party that shirks it will be destroyed.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/supreme-court-loses-its-special-status/572416/
 
Were you not alive then? The would have been laughed out of any police station and told not to bother them with teenage hormones if nothing happened.

It would have gone exactly nowhere and it seems that we're returning to those days of yore. Or perhaps we never left.

Rapists = Bill Clinton and Mexicans. That's it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom