• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Breaking: Mueller Grand Jury charges filed, arrests as soon as Monday pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Being a ********ter might not sound worse, but that's no reason to use a less precise word. Maybe we should just call Trump a child-molester because he ***** everything that's innocent.

As Harry Frankfurt argued in his monograph On ********, a ********ter is arguably worse than a liar. At least a liar has a certain amount of respect for the truth; a ********ter is indifferent to it.

And Trump is a narcissist at his core. He's had a life-long love affair with himself.


I love President Cain.
 
Have you used translation software?

I have, both voice to text and text to text.

It's great if the information being translated is formal and well organized. Not so great if it contains a lot of idiomatic phrasing, slang, abbreviations, and colloquialisms.

Well, I am about done arguing the well organised part as I explained in a PM just recently. With all of the data I've worked with and the myriad of programs I've exported data from, I can't imagine that Twitter, Facebook, etc. do not have processes to get organised or categorized or whatever other word you'd like to use, exports given their cooperation with law enforcement in the past. I can't think of any possible reason it would behoove them to slow down investigations with a data dump to Mueller. Which is kind of the funny part here. The whining that the defense is getting "data dumped on omgz" but if that's true then they still aren't getting it as bad as Mueller did. Which I really, and honestly don't think was that bad. I'm not saying this would take 20 minutes to do, I'm saying that even the worst case scenario the data is searchable by username and date (they have to give social media something to pull data from, UN would be the easiest). The charges are laid out in the warrant.

This is social media data, right? I'm kinda betting it's not particularly formal or even grammatically accurate.

LoL it still uses words. Yes, some of it might need further translation, but I would bet a decent bulk of it would be easily rolled over. The rest of it I believe intelligent people would be able to piece together. Maybe a small fraction you'd need an actual translator. Bummer. Attacking the US via social media, and then fighting the charges is going to cost money. If they don't like it then they shouldn't have done it in the first place.

To me, your robbery scenario isn't even relatively close but in my opinion physical evidence and digital evidence are two completely and entirely different things. Comparing the two, in my opinion, is apples to oranges.
 
I'm sure there's a lot that I know nothing of... I'm kind of seeing it like this: Let's say there's a robbery case, and the investigators collected every single item in the room where the robbery was to have occurred. The prosecutors then say "We've got proof that Bob did the crime!". Bob's defense attorneys say "Discovery! Give us the evidence that you're using as proof". And the prosecutors send over 3 large boxes that contain every single item that they collected from the scene, but they do NOT identify the items that they are considering to be evidence, and the items aren't sorted into meaningful groups... so there's no box of paperwork, no box of wall decor, no box of hair samples and fingerprints... it's just boxes full of everything. Sure, those boxes are "searchable", and they're "categorized" in the sense that every item has an evidence tag that can be checked off on the inventory, and identifies where in the office it was found. But it's not "categorized" in any meaningful sense of the word, and it's pretty much a dump of crap intended to make it nearly impossible for the defense to properly counter the prosecution's claims.

But of course, I could be wrong and this could be a completely inapt analogy :)
Do we even know the format of the data, or if/how it was categorized? I suspect this entire line of inquiry is a red herring.
 
No, flash/thumb drives don't do that in general of course.

But that doesn't mean some work had not already been done by the FBI categorizing the data before it was copied onto some storage device for handing over.

I think this point is mute because there is not enough information provided as to what format the data was in and whether it had already been categorized in some way by the FBI.

Saying it was categorized may just mean that there was some record of which computer/server/hard drive the data came from, and at what time it was copied.

But it could also mean a whole lot more. Who knows. Point is there is no evidence it is just a huge impenetrable dumb of binary files, and if any categorizing had been done there's no reason to suppose that wasn't copied along with the data too. If it is just hundreds/thousands of emails and text documents in Russian - well - it is what it is.

I don't see the big deal here.

That's a good explanation - thank you.
 
I have, both voice to text and text to text.



Well, I am about done arguing the well organised part as I explained in a PM just recently. With all of the data I've worked with and the myriad of programs I've exported data from, I can't imagine that Twitter, Facebook, etc. do not have processes to get organised or categorized or whatever other word you'd like to use, exports given their cooperation with law enforcement in the past. I can't think of any possible reason it would behoove them to slow down investigations with a data dump to Mueller. Which is kind of the funny part here. The whining that the defense is getting "data dumped on omgz" but if that's true then they still aren't getting it as bad as Mueller did. Which I really, and honestly don't think was that bad. I'm not saying this would take 20 minutes to do, I'm saying that even the worst case scenario the data is searchable by username and date (they have to give social media something to pull data from, UN would be the easiest). The charges are laid out in the warrant.



LoL it still uses words. Yes, some of it might need further translation, but I would bet a decent bulk of it would be easily rolled over. The rest of it I believe intelligent people would be able to piece together. Maybe a small fraction you'd need an actual translator. Bummer. Attacking the US via social media, and then fighting the charges is going to cost money. If they don't like it then they shouldn't have done it in the first place.

To me, your robbery scenario isn't even relatively close but in my opinion physical evidence and digital evidence are two completely and entirely different things. Comparing the two, in my opinion, is apples to oranges.

Okay
 
Do we even know the format of the data, or if/how it was categorized? I suspect this entire line of inquiry is a red herring.

I just requested an export of my twitter archive. They say it may take a few days to get. I would assume this is exactly what twitter did when they received a list of UN's to export when they received a warrant. I get the impression that it will be in a csv doc when I get it. I'll post details as soon as I get it.

I have no idea. Even if it's not red herring, it's certainly a derail though :)

I don't get it, how is it a derail? This thread is about Mueller's investigation. This thumb drive turned into a conversation piece with regards to Mueller's investigation. Maybe one of you two could educate me on the difference between thread drift and red herring/derails?

Given the buckshot of information in this thread I'm actually a little surprised this what thrown out there.

No, nevermind. No, I'm not.
 
Last edited:
Trump Tweets

"Public opinion has turned strongly against the Rigged Witch Hunt and the “Special” Counsel because the public understands that there was no Collusion with Russia (so ridiculous), that the two FBI lovers were a fraud against our Nation & that the only Collusion was with the Dems!"
 
Trump Tweets

"The Rigged Witch Hunt, originally headed by FBI lover boy Peter S (for one year) & now, 13 Angry Democrats, should look into the missing DNC Server, Crooked Hillary’s illegally deleted Emails, the Pakistani Fraudster, Uranium One, Podesta & so much more. It’s a Democrat Con Job!"

He needs to learn a new song.
 
Trump Tweets

"The Rigged Witch Hunt, originally headed by FBI lover boy Peter S (for one year) & now, 13 Angry Democrats, should look into the missing DNC Server, Crooked Hillary’s illegally deleted Emails, the Pakistani Fraudster, Uranium One, Podesta & so much more. It’s a Democrat Con Job!"

He needs to learn a new song.

It makes perfect sense if you're a stroking out Faux News viewer.
 
Trump Tweets

"The Rigged Witch Hunt, originally headed by FBI lover boy Peter S (for one year) & now, 13 Angry Democrats, should look into the missing DNC Server, Crooked Hillary’s illegally deleted Emails, the Pakistani Fraudster, Uranium One, Podesta & so much more. It’s a Democrat Con Job!"

He needs to learn a new song.
Trump has at least two other songs - the MS13 immigrant song, and the one about the world ripping-off the US every which way.
 
Giuliani says that Trump's legal team has "debriefed all of Mueller's witnesses".

Is this an admission of witness tampering?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom