kellyb
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Jan 18, 2006
- Messages
- 12,632
I think the go-to is that you dress like, act like, and say you are a woman.
I actually don't do any of those things.
So, no.
I think the go-to is that you dress like, act like, and say you are a woman.
Sure.I actually don't do any of those things.
Sure.
That was the impersonal you.Ha!
I wear gender-neutral clothing and no makeup, I never get asked my sex or gender, and wtf does "act like a woman" even mean?
At the most basic level, insisting that your view of someone else gender is as or more valid than their own view of their own gender is not equivalent. Feel free to disagree about what makes a woman a woman, but others are free to believe you're not worth associating with or calling you an ******* for it (general 'you').
But a gender definition applied to yourself is a gender definition applied to everyone else, too.
I mean, personally, I feel like my female gender begins and ends with the whole "has a vagina" aspect of me. That means that transwomen are a different category in my mind, intersex women without vaginas are a different category, etc.
I'm not really sure what "female" and "woman" are supposed to mean for and to me outside of the vagina thing.
I think the go-to is that you dress like, act like, and say you are a woman.
I actually don't do any of those things.
Sure.
Not really. In what world does having a go-to (that is, a rule of thumb) amount to insistence?There's an interesting irony in here somewhere.![]()
I think "act like a woman" is pretty self-explanatory. Men and women carry themselves differently in just about any culture, which is why we have coinages like "manspreading".
What I don't do is inquire about genitals. Neither, I'm guessing, do you.
Manspreading is real enough for the MTA to have public awareness campaigns to get men to cut it out. It's not a joke in places without cramped public spaces, it's just not an issue.Manspreading is a joke more than anything in places without subways,women sit all kinds of ways, too, and I'm not sure how real this "carry themselves" thing is, either.
I didn't "relate femaleness in humans to ova". I responded to your claim about what "female is supposed to mean."Well I don't think you actually think people relate "femaleness" in humans to ova, but you sure brought it up!
I didn't "relate femaleness in humans to ova". I responded to your claim about what "female is supposed to mean."
You aren't even keeping track of your own bad arguments.
Manspreading is a joke more than anything in places without subways, women sit all kinds of ways, too, and I'm not sure how real this "carry themselves" thing is, either.
Basically patriarchy in a nice shiny packaging, with a good load of gay eugenics being thrown in lately as well.
If your looking at genitalia, you aren’t gendering someone. You’re sexing them.You knew I was not referring to the criteria for determining the female sex in biology.
See my earlier post:Gay eugenics?![]()
The new gay eugenics. Find the group of children likely to grow up gay (those who display gender non-conformity in childhood) and push them to medical procedures sterilizing them.
If your looking at genitalia, you aren’t gendering someone. You’re sexing them.
If you’re talking about gender, you’re just mistaken if you think that genitalia are how we distinguish between people in our day-to-day.
Either way, this idea is just wrong.
If your looking at genitalia, you aren’t gendering someone. You’re sexing them.
If you’re talking about gender, you’re just mistaken if you think that genitalia are how we distinguish between people in our day-to-day.
Either way, this idea is just wrong.
See my earlier post:
Childhood gender non-conformity is a predictor of adulthood homosexuality. The recent push has been to identify children with gender non-conformity and push them towards "transition", a medical procedure which results in sterilization.
The net result of this entire thing is basically searching for the group of children likely to grow up to be homosexual and sterilize them, aka gay eugenics.
This is what I mean when I think of it being a bad decision to write policy based on 1% of the population. Policies should deal with what works for 99%, we deal with the exceptions on a case by case basis.
See my earlier post:
Childhood gender non-conformity is a predictor of adulthood homosexuality. The recent push has been to identify children with gender non-conformity and push them towards "transition", a medical procedure which results in sterilization.
The net result of this entire thing is basically searching for the group of children likely to grow up to be homosexual and sterilize them, aka gay eugenics.