• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Stormy Daniels Sues the President

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes Melania should have known what to expect.
Perhaps she's got what she wanted. She has a child to love and be loved by, who has US citizenship, financially secure and physically safe, and insulated from his father. Her parents and sister are with her in New York, not Central Europe, so her son has all the family he needs. Not a bad result for a girl from Slovenia.

Good for her, I say.
 
Well if you are saying that the legendary criminal defense lawyer is technically wrong, and I am correct, I will agree with you.

The bit about just signing a release is nonsense, of course.

Legally, it's not. Technically, Cohen is the defendant and Daniels is suing him to void the contract.
 
Perhaps she's got what she wanted. She has a child to love and be loved by, who has US citizenship, financially secure and physically safe, and insulated from his father. Her parents and sister are with her in New York, not Central Europe, so her son has all the family he needs. Not a bad result for a girl from Slovenia.

Good for her, I say.

An immigrant story.
 
Mine obviously.

Bit surprised that you did not even try to address any of the three points I made. Hell I put them in a numerical list.

Try one.

Or don’t, it is obvious that I am correct.

/although it does make sense that a legendary criminal defense lawyer would completely **** the bed when it came to civil disputes.

Where did you get your legal degree, and have you passed the bar yet?
 
Legally, it's not. Technically, Cohen is the defendant and Daniels is suing him to void the contract.

We have established that legally I am right. Cool.

Daniels and her thirsty lawyer have said they will not settle and therefore Cohen and trump are not going to sign a “release” and get nothing in return.
 
We have established that legally I am right. Cool.
Something to live for I guess.:rolleyes:

Daniels and her thirsty lawyer have said they will not settle and therefore Cohen and trump are not going to sign a “release” and get nothing in return.

People SAY a lot of things. Trump has denied he knew that Cohen paid off Daniels and we don't believe that do we?
 
As a prostitute, she should accept the terms and conditions of her profession and respect client confidentiality.
Wait. are you now claiming to be a prostitution expert?

It's just blackmail, isn't it, because her alleged client was the POTUS.
No.

Sees a chance to become famous, bring down the POTUS and make big money bucks out of her notoreity.
Why not? If POTUS had not done it there would be no issue. She was doing her job. POTUS was slumming while his wife was looking after a baby Trump clearly does not care about.

You are right. I do not associate with that type of person.

Any objections?
Birds, feathers.
 
We have established that legally I am right. Cool.

Daniels and her thirsty lawyer have said they will not settle and therefore Cohen and trump are not going to sign a “release” and get nothing in return.

No we have established that you have no legal standing of any sort.
 
No we have established that you have no legal standing of any sort.

We all have the same legal standing on this website where our arguments are judged by our arguments and where my arguments have not met a single substantive rebuttal.

Feel free to dip your toe in, tbd don't bite.
 
We still do not have evidence as to whether:

1.Trump simply threw Cohen under the bus by insinuating that he acted on his own without fulfilling his obligation to consult Trump and inform Daniels, given that the payoff may have been a violation of campaign finance law.

or

2. Trump intends to claim he gave Cohen authority to act without consulting Trump.

It is unlikely that such evidence will be bestowed upon us until Trump knows whether Cohen is going to be charged with campaign finance fraud.

I predict that if it looks like Cohen is in the clear, Trump will claim (2). Otherwise, Trump will clam up or claim (1).

Either way, the contract itself is a fraudulent misrepresentation. Cohen had a legal and ethical obligation to inform Trump and Daniels that the proposed payoff may have been illegal.
 
We have established that legally I am right. Cool.

Daniels and her thirsty lawyer have said they will not settle and therefore Cohen and trump are not going to sign a “release” and get nothing in return.

So how would Cohen be harmed if Stormy released details of her affair with Trump. If Trump is not a party to the contract, how could Cohen show damages based on a revelation about an affair he wasn't part of? As Loss Leader explained, those huge damage clauses are non-starters. So, Cohen would have to show he was damaged by release of the details of the relationship. How does he go about doing that if he wasn't in the relationship?
 
So how would Cohen be harmed if Stormy released details of her affair with Trump. If Trump is not a party to the contract, how could Cohen show damages based on a revelation about an affair he wasn't part of? As Loss Leader explained, those huge damage clauses are non-starters. So, Cohen would have to show he was damaged by release of the details of the relationship. How does he go about doing that if he wasn't in the relationship?

The contract covers substantially more than the liquidated damages provisions.

Review if and let me know if you have any questions.
 
The contract covers substantially more than the liquidated damages provisions.

Review if and let me know if you have any questions.

Why don't you start with the question he asked you instead of ducking it and asking for others?
 
Why don't you start with the question he asked you instead of ducking it and asking for others?

I did answer his question...

The answer was that the contract includes more than the liquidated damages provision.

You thought that explanation was ducking? Damn....
 
I did answer his question...

The answer was that the contract includes more than the liquidated damages provision.

You thought that explanation was ducking? Damn....

Yeah! An so would anyone else. Pointing elsewhere is not answering the question.
 
Last edited:
I didn’t. I get that you did not understand the answer but please do not pretend I did not answer the question.

The question was "How was Cohen harmed?"

You didn't answer the question.



Was your answer meant to carry some sort of implicit, "It doesn't matter if Cohen was harmed, because....."?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom