• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency (Act V - The One Where Everybody Dies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A surreal aspect of the Porter controversy is all the worrying about his behavior exposing him to blackmail from hostile actors. As if Trump isn't already blatantly servile to Putin.

Absolutely. I don't know much about Porter. I know he has impressive academic credentials but was there anything so very valuable about the man's contributions that this sort of risk and exposure would have made sense to anyone?
 
Absolutely. I don't know much about Porter. I know he has impressive academic credentials but was there anything so very valuable about the man's contributions that this sort of risk and exposure would have made sense to anyone?

Trump has been accused of similar - perhaps even worse - things, and he got elected anyway. I expect the White House simply didn't give a ****. And they figured that if it was made public, then nobody else would give a ****, either (and I offer up my first sentence again as exhibit A).

So, hubris, idiocy, and the fact that their experience is that assaulting women is seen as a small enough matter that someone accused by many women of assault (and caught on tape bragging about assaulting women) and by one of rape can be elected anyway. In other words, I don't think they thought there was a great deal of risk.

Bear in mind, also, that Hope Hicks is reportedly not only in a relationship with him - indicating that she didn't consider being in a relationship with him to be much of a risk - but that she also helped craft the statement that Kelly gave about how much of a great guy he was.
 
Last edited:
I know my repetition of this over the last months is boring, but I honestly believe that any one who interacts in any manner with Trump is left the lesser for it. Now Kelly. Trump is like a cursed object from ancient mythology: all who come near it, no matter how pure their original motives, are corrupted by it.

I'm not sure I agree. I tend to think that the current environment is allowing these people to act in ways that they had to suppress in their pre-Trump lives.

Plus it's not a huge shocker that somebody like Kelly tried to gloss over/cover up domestic abuse. That happens all the time, sadly.
 
Trump is reportedly "privately questioning" the White House's response to the news about Porter, blaming Kelly and also Hope Hicks

I don't have a subscription, so I can't read the article, but that's a summation of what I can read, and of a brief summary I've read elsewhere.
You don't need to read the article to know what's in it. Trump's tell this morning at a press event was to say, "I only recently found out" which is not credible in the least.

As for the comments Trump somehow tainted Kelly, no, Kelly has said his own sexist, racist remarks revealing he thinks just like Trump about the worth of women and about those lazy brown people.

BTW, now that the news cycle is working through the Porter scandal they are revisiting the fact Kushner also cannot get a security clearance.
 
Last edited:
Trump doesn't read intelligence briefs.
For much of the past year, President Trump has declined to participate in a practice followed by the past seven of his predecessors: He rarely if ever reads the President’s Daily Brief, a document that lays out the most pressing information collected by U.S. intelligence agencies from hot spots around the world.

Trump has opted to rely on an oral briefing of select intelligence issues in the Oval Office rather than getting the full written document delivered to review separately each day, according to three people familiar with his briefings.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-1005am:homepage/story&utm_term=.9995d542495d
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom