• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be a gay sex term but saying so would be denigrating because the joke would be based on associating homosexuality with "bad", I'm told, so I won't say it.

It's not. It's a porn industry term. It's a person, generally a girl who helps to keeps a male actor erect (usually) offscreen before he has his take. Don't ask me why I know.
 
It's not. It's a porn industry term. It's a person, generally a girl who helps to keeps a male actor erect (usually) offscreen before he has his take. Don't ask me why I know.

"Fluffing" is - I think the question related to the term "Prime the pump"


That said the fluffer is yet another victim of progress. Since the widespread availability of Viagra, Cialis and other comparable drugs, fluffers are no longer required. At least Trump hasn't promised to bring their jobs back :)
 
Throughout the election, it was painfully obvious that Trump was spectacularly unfit to be POTUS. Even prominent republicans knew he was"unhinged".

Actual POTUS Trump is far, far worse than the Trump we feared. This is history in the making. Enjoy the ride folks. (Where's George Carlin when you need him?)
 
"Fluffing" is - I think the question related to the term "Prime the pump"


That said the fluffer is yet another victim of progress. Since the widespread availability of Viagra, Cialis and other comparable drugs, fluffers are no longer required. At least Trump hasn't promised to bring their jobs back :)

When you think about it. It is kind of the same.:)

But Trump claiming to have invented the term was priceless although par for the course for Trump.
This reminds me of something.

Does anyone remember when the Republicans mocked Al Gore for saying 'he invented the Internet? (Something BTW, he never said or even close to have said) They rode and beat that horse endlessly. Compare that to Trump's non stop boasting. Now, a little exaggeration is harmless.
 
Throughout the election, it was painfully obvious that Trump was spectacularly unfit to be POTUS. Even prominent republicans knew he was"unhinged".
Actual POTUS Trump is far, far worse than the Trump we feared. This is history in the making. Enjoy the ride folks. (Where's George Carlin when you need him?)

I can't say I agree with this. He's EXACTLY as I expected him to be. I find it ridiculous to think he wouldn't be. Remember when people said he would be 'more presidential' when he won the nomination? He wasn't. In fact I expect it to get considerably worse. Trump is the textbook example of an attention craving troll/whore/monster. The more it he gets fed the bigger the monster.

And this horror flick of insanity is just getting started. Weeee! You just can't wait for what comes next.
 
When you think about it. It is kind of the same.:)

But Trump claiming to have invented the term was priceless although par for the course for Trump.
This reminds me of something.

Does anyone remember when the Republicans mocked Al Gore for saying 'he invented the Internet? (Something BTW, he never said or even close to have said) They rode and beat that horse endlessly. Compare that to Trump's non stop boasting. Now, a little exaggeration is harmless.

I think that's what Trump has learned. If there are one or two things about which there are questions then you can keep up a constant litany about it and really make it a *thing* even if there's nothing much to it.

OTOH if every day there's another bunch of lies and gaffes then the outrage gets diluted and there's no damage

IOW, normally competent Gore appears to make a gaffe = big news

Trump screws up yet again - meh !
 
I think that's what Trump has learned. If there are one or two things about which there are questions then you can keep up a constant litany about it and really make it a *thing* even if there's nothing much to it.

OTOH if every day there's another bunch of lies and gaffes then the outrage gets diluted and there's no damage

IOW, normally competent Gore appears to make a gaffe = big news

Trump screws up yet again - meh !

Most of us ...well maybe not most... knows what is going on.

Mark Cuban probably said it best when he said that Trump is a master at headline porn.

"nobody" is better at "setting the agenda for the media" than Donald Trump.

"I mean look, Donald has done a great job of setting the agenda for the media," he said. "The guy is a master at headline porn. You just want to deal with the headlines and not look at what's underneath it, and there's nobody better at it than him."
http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-donald-trump-headline-porn-2016-9

Trump knows how for the most part how to put something stupid he said behind him. He just says something more outrageous and then something else until you forgot about the first thing.

We've all become inured to his insanity. (Great word btw, I had never heard it until a few months ago when I read an article about Trump where the author described this merry go round of Koo Koo Donald).
 
I can't say I agree with this. He's EXACTLY as I expected him to be. I find it ridiculous to think he wouldn't be. Remember when people said he would be 'more presidential' when he won the nomination? He wasn't. In fact I expect it to get considerably worse. Trump is the textbook example of an attention craving troll/whore/monster. The more it he gets fed the bigger the monster.

And this horror flick of insanity is just getting started. Weeee! You just can't wait for what comes next.

Agreed. And note that this is not to be mistaken for "normalizing" him - there's a reason why I joined the ACLU and the NAACP on November 9th, 2016. And it's also why I hope that the people who voted for him suffer under him, and learn a lesson for once (although this is doubtful). He gave every possible warning sign, and far too many people shrugged it all off.
 
Trump is even worse than I thought - really, I thought he must have been at least a bad businessman, but it's a wonder that he can even put his pants on in the morning, when you hear things like him making sure that he gets served more ice cream than his guests at the White House.
 
Does he not remember what happened with the Nixon tapes?

Hey, Trump has always said he wanted to be President like Nixon......


Although comparasions with Nixon are a gross insult to Nixon. Nixon was a lot smarter,and was actually a moderate on most issues, and actually had some real accomplishments to his credit before his dark side took over and he was destroyed by his paranoia and resentments.Trump has Nada,Nada,Nada.
 
Trump is even worse than I thought - really, I thought he must have been at least a bad businessman, but it's a wonder that he can even put his pants on in the morning, when you hear things like him making sure that he gets served more ice cream than his guests at the White House.
(bolding mine)

I thought you were joking, but googled it anyway: :jaw-dropp
 
Agreed. And note that this is not to be mistaken for "normalizing" him - there's a reason why I joined the ACLU and the NAACP on November 9th, 2016. And it's also why I hope that the people who voted for him suffer under him, and learn a lesson for once (although this is doubtful). He gave every possible warning sign, and far too many people shrugged it all off.

Suffer? No. Learn a lesson? Absolutely! And yes, Trump provided every possible warning sign. This isn't Ted Bundy who so many people could hardly believe was this monster since Ted was such a nice guy. No, this is Garry Ridgeway who's coworkers joked was the Green River Killer. I really can't believe how dense people can be. They are all like Little Red Riding hood exclaiming 'Oh what big teeth you have'.

My degree was in political science. I studied dictatorships. My thesis was on how the Third Reich mastered propaganda tactics and how so many dictators followed his playback. Now Trump is not Hitler. Not even close. For one thing Hitler actually spoke in full sentences. But there is no question in my mind that Trump is using many of those tactics. So, it is great that you joined the ACLU. We need it.
 
Hey, Trump has always said he wanted to be President like Nixon......


Although comparasions with Nixon are a gross insult to Nixon. Nixon was a lot smarter,and was actually a moderate on most issues, and actually had some real accomplishments to his credit before his dark side took over and he was destroyed by his paranoia and resentments.Trump has Nada,Nada,Nada.

I agree. Nixon created the EPA. He signed the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom