Red Baron Farms
Philosopher
No problem. You are welcome.That's it! Thank you.
I use the narrow vocabulary I have and with technical terms dictionaries are not very useful, besides I have to translate between Spanishes first.
No problem. You are welcome.That's it! Thank you.
I use the narrow vocabulary I have and with technical terms dictionaries are not very useful, besides I have to translate between Spanishes first.
Where on earth do you live?...............
That's it! Thank you.
I use the narrow vocabulary I have and with technical terms dictionaries are not very useful, besides I have to translate between Spanishes first.
This looks like standard American sweat-soldered tubing to me. It may appear primitive to you, but it's very sturdy, easy to repair, inexpensive, and when done right, very reliable.Then show me where the rim of those fittings is in Mills' thingamajig.
(Guys, you're showing me horrible plumbing fittings. Do you really do your plumbing with that? The original hot water and heating plumbing in my home is made of thick threaded bronze and there hasn't been a leak in the 76 years they are in use)
There's more than remnants. If you overlay the two directly, you'll see that two thirds of the top edge of the upper electrode (which I believe is the anode) follows exactly the same line in both images, showing that there is no change in the camera or anode position. There is no notch at the end afterward; instead, two deposits with a notch between them have extended the original end. The upper electrode has widened significantly. The entire area of the gap between the two electrodes in the before image is filled with material in the after image.
It certainly appears that material has migrated from the cathode to the nearest side of the anode. Most likely it has indeed vaporized and re-condensed in the process, though some portion, possibly a large portion, of the material might have instead migrated across the arc as larger droplets carried by the vapor. (Note that the re-condensation will give back most of the heat of vaporization, vastly decreasing the overall energy required to cause the reaction.) What happened in the cell appears to be a crude and uncontrolled form of cathodic arc deposition.
This looks like standard American sweat-soldered tubing to me. It may appear primitive to you, but it's very sturdy, easy to repair, inexpensive, and when done right, very reliable.
...
Those fittings are standard soldered fittings exactly like what is in my house in North Carolina....
Thank you both. I like every explanation.
It was more a matter of vocabulary and that I forgot that you build with wood, drywalls and all of that. We build in brick and concrete and plumbing has to be mechanically integrated to our walls and work together junctions and all. That's why I think it's all sturdy. Now I prefer those modern hose like systems that can be replaced instantly and which can never surprise you with moisture and leaking as the water goes wherever the external pipe leads it.
Think in the cultural differences. The bathroom and the kitchen of a poor house here in 1930 had each a square drain with a grill on top and syphon with hydraulic closing. Having to mop a floor and then squeeze it in a sink was and is an unimaginable activity here. You simply scrub your floor with soap solution using a broom and swill it with buckets of water -it'll find its way to the sewage by itself-.
......I forgot that you build with wood, drywalls and all of that. We build in brick and concrete and plumbing has to be mechanically integrated to our walls ......
Britain and Europe typically build of masonry rather than timber, and yet use the copper pipes we've been describing*. Pipes here aren't chased into walls, but built on the surface and boxed in. Your building technique where you are doesn't automatically lead to using brass pipes with screw fittings. That's simply a choice, presumably through local tradition/ habit.
*Although increasingly we are turning to plastic pipes and push-fit fittings.
Yep, replumbing (water feed) our house is a future project. Not that big of a project as the house ain't that big and the water distribution is already pretty well centralized. Been thinking of going with the PEX type tubing for that. Had a couple freeze outs at our old place so I put heat tape along all pipes here. However, that still takes power and we get some outages.
Britain and Europe typically build of masonry rather than timber, and yet use the copper pipes we've been describing*. Pipes here aren't chased into walls, but built on the surface and boxed in. Your building technique where you are doesn't automatically lead to using brass pipes with screw fittings. That's simply a choice, presumably through local tradition/ habit.
*Although increasingly we are turning to plastic pipes and push-fit fittings.
That is irrelevant to your now utterly discredited statement: "No commercial power source known to man can vaporise 6mm tungsten electrodes in seconds".
Discredited - lol
I think it is pretty clear we have established that there are no power sources that can vaporize tungsten rods as pictured within seconds that do not involve a generator the size of a small car, a 700 lbs transformer and a dozen inch thick cables.
Discredited - lol
I think it is pretty clear we have established that there are no power sources that can vaporize tungsten rods as pictured within seconds that do not involve a generator the size of a small car, a 700 lbs transformer and a dozen inch thick cables.
Given that none of these objects were present during the testing, it would indicate that there are indeed no known power sources that could possibly do what was observed.
Discredited - lol
I think it is pretty clear we have established that there are no power sources that can vaporize tungsten rods as pictured within seconds that do not involve a generator the size of a small car, a 700 lbs transformer and a dozen inch thick cables.
Given that none of these objects were present during the testing, it would indicate that there are indeed no known power sources that could possibly do what was observed.
(my bold)Oh believe me, I'll be making a stink once the first prototype generator goes public. We might see that by February or March.
Not to worry, there is a "might" in there, and the mighty might swallows nevers for snacks.(my bold)
Sure, it's only the 5th, and of February too, but it may be interesting to quote ms. Perhaps every ten days or so?